• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Main fuse melted

John L

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
2015 Eldo. Has anyone had anything like this happen, service light came on plus service message, (not the spanner icon, that's just me being slack and not clearing it) abs and traction control lights on, I pulled over and the engine cut out, speedo still reading 399 when stopped. Most of that could have been caused by low voltage, battery was down to 9v, managed to jump start it only to have it start to run rough a few kms later and finally stop, while waiting to have the bike picked up I found the melted main fuse. Any ideas

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 7
  • fuse3.jpg
    fuse3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If the fuse in the holder is not a very firm fit, heat develops in the connector and will ultimately melt it. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a fault in the circuit, if you did the fuse itself would have blown. You may have to replace the fuse holder if its damaged as the heat can take the "spring" out of the contact. It pays to occasionally remove/replace fuses to keep the contacts clean.

If the fuse in the holder is not a very firm fit, heat develops in the connector and will ultimately melt it. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a fault in the circuit, if you did the fuse itself would have blown. You may have to replace the fuse holder if its damaged as the heat can take the "spring" out of the contact. It pays to occasionally remove/replace fuses to keep the contacts clean.
Thanks Kevin, a couple of people on Facebook have also said it's the fuse holder. I had to destroy the holder to get bits of the fuse out so I will charge the battery overnight and try a new fuse tomorrow.

Attachments

• fuse4.jpg
    fuse4.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 9
Update on the above post: Thanks to Kevin.NZ above and a couple of others in another group that have had the same problem they saved me a whole lot of searching for the cause of the problem, it seems to be something to do with the fuse holder. Had to cut the old one apart to get the terminals out and after charging the battery pushed a new fuse in to the terminals and everything is back to normal. I will fit a new fuse holder tomorrow, but did over 100kms today with the fuse just pushed in to the terminals and all was good, checked the fuse a couple of times to see if it was getting hot but it was ok.

Attachments

• fuse6.jpg
    fuse6.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 12
  • fuse5.jpg
    fuse5.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 12
Here's a link to a thread on this site regarding this:

Mine has been trouble free since splicing in a fuse holder that is sealed from water intrusion.

Here's a link to a thread on this site regarding this:

Mine has been trouble free since splicing in a fuse holder that is sealed from water intrusion.
Thanks Frank, exactly the same as mine. Mine has also been charging at around 13.4v to 13.6v for as long as I can remember but now I have replaced the fuse it is now at 14.1v, maybe the low charge numbers are a sign of the problem. I am going to replace the fuse holder with one of these..

Attachments

• fuse7.jpg
    fuse7.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Is there a chance you could take another picture with say a ruler of tape measure to give
me an idea of it's actual size ? Thanks , Peter

I was wondering that too.

I looked for dimensions and everything I found was totally way off based upon this photo.

It is very big though. It would be a tough mount under the seat for sure.

B060DAA8 D8B4 42C1 9199 601EA34ADCBF

I was wondering that too.

I looked for dimensions and everything I found was totally way off based upon this photo.

It is very big though. It would be a tough mount under the seat for sure.
Is there a chance you could take another picture with say a ruler of tape measure to give
me an idea of it's actual size ? Thanks , Peter
2 3/4in x 1 1/4 x 1in high when closed (7cm x 3cm x 2.5cm) I am fitting it today, it should fit where the original fuse was.

Fuse9 Fuse8

Thank You Very Much!
I've mounted it just below where the 40 & 30amp fuse used to sit, not ideal because would have to remove battery to get to it, but it wouldn't fit on top because of the pivoting lid. Just used a self tapping screw through the middle, under the fuse. Poked the 30amp fuse up behind the the fuse box.

Fuse12 Fuse11 Fuse10

Back