• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Making the California run Cooler....

I was scanning around the AF1 Racing website and came across this:

View attachment 10520
View attachment 10521

What do you think? This appears to be a simple solution to the HOT running California/Eldorado/Audace.

I would love to know if this works also. All of the machines share same/similar ECUs. Two weatherproof connectors, a surface mount trimpot, and some good quality hookup wire. Given a schematic (and maybe without one), I could build one of these in 15 minutes for less than $5....

Jim

Ah how history repeats itself. I sell a much better version using a processor on this site HERE - so thanks for not linking competing products. The CrapDuc crude resistor simply failed to perform as advertised on the 5AM ECU, and since the 7SM is ten times more complex, caveat emptor. Anything to make a buck I suppose. Sure it will run different, but won't run any better. Only thing proven is my full fueling kit. I will be testing my 02-optimizer more intensely next week on the 1400. As noted, this only revises small throttle openings, so don't be fooled into thinking it will help even steady cruise or above.

I would love to know if this works also. All of the machines share same/similar ECUs. Two weatherproof connectors, a surface mount trimpot, and some good quality hookup wire. Given a schematic (and maybe without one), I could build one of these in 15 minutes for less than $5....

Jim

Why don't you buy one, dissect it and make some for sale at a $20.00 price point? :)

But, it would first have to be determined if it can work.

Sure it will run different, but won't run any better. Only thing proven is my full fueling kit. I will be testing my 02-optimizer more intensely next week on the 1400. As noted, this only revises small throttle openings, so don't be fooled into thinking it will help even steady cruise or above.

Todd,

Sounds like you have "been there, done that". But, I'd still be interested in learning just what limitations this product has. Could it be that even though this "solution" is not as comprehensive as yours it could still help with reducing heat?

It will probably give you an incorrect ambient temperature reading on the dash..of which i would find annoying.
I know this is what occurs on the Ducatis.

Ah how history repeats itself. I sell a much better version using a processor this on this site HERE - so thanks for not linking competing products. The CrapDuc crude resistor simply failed to perform as advertised on the 5AM ECU, and since the 7SM is ten times more complex, caveat emptor. Anything to make a buck I suppose. Sure it will run different, but won't run any better. Only thing proven is my full fueling kit. I will be testing my 02-optimizer more intensely next week on the 1400. As noted, this only revises small throttle openings, so don't be fooled into thinking it will help even steady cruise or above.
Gentlemen, I cannot agree more with Todd's assessment of these resistor setup tricks. And frankly that is exactly what this is. this is designed to make the ECM think the bike is still too cold (engine temp) OR to trick the O2 sensors into a false reading. Do they work, yeah usually and in ONLY the portion of the fuel map they are designed to attack. They are NOT dynamic and cannot change with the conditions. I have Todd's complete fueling system and with his extensive testing and after sale support, I would not use anything else on the bike I trust with my life and the life of my wife. That is how good Todd's system is. But hey, it's your $$$...spend it as you like, you have been warned.

Cost certainly can be a factor, and lower cost is typically better. But if it doesn't, or can't, do what you expect it to do it really does not matter what it costs. It is, at that point, just a waste of money.
If anyone wants to waste $20, just send it to me. It's only $20, so what the heck.

I was scanning around the AF1 Racing website and came across this. What do you think? This appears to be a simple solution to the HOT running California/Eldorado/Audace.
I use a different temperature air sensor and it works fine.
Download

While not the ideal setup, I've been using a pair of these on my 2014 1400 Custom for the past three years. Hasn't made that much difference in how cool the bike runs, but it has tamed the cracklies/pops with a pair of Mistrals for the most part. I DID spend an entire day dialing them in as best I could. I bought them before Mistral offered their own solution. Today, I would probably buy that rather than the FatDucs...

Back