• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need for speed on V85TT

ucwinters

Just got it firing!
I am hoping to buy a 2024 V85TT when they become available. I usually ride locally here in the Texas hill country and take one or two long trips each year. Most of our major highways have a 70 - 75 mph speed limit and if I get on I-10 heading to El Paso the speed limit is 80 mph for most of the way.
Is the V85TT comfortable to ride at 75 to 80 mph per GPS for 2 -3 hr stints? March of last year I did a fly & buy out to California for a BMW R1200RS and coming home set the cruise control for 85 mph when the speed limit was 80 mph and was getting passed by cars doing 90+. Just want to be able to keep up w/ the flow of traffic and not get run over.

I have a 2023 V85 TT. The dash would light up at interstate speeds in high gear. I adjusted the limits for the rev indicator and now I can ride interstates without the dash lighting up. I don't think the bike is intended for all day interstate riding.

Also, the speedometer is off 5% or so. I may only be going 80 when the bike tells me I'm going 85. It seems to feel best when it's reporting 70 to 75 on the interstate.

I find this bike more comfortable on the curvy roads than on the interstates.

March of last year I did a fly & buy out to California for a BMW R1200RS and coming home set the cruise control for 85 mph when the speed limit was 80 mph and was getting passed by cars doing 90+. Just want to be able to keep up w/ the flow of traffic and not get run over.

Although I personally don’t care how fast or slow you drive and where you do this, driving 90+ mph is not “keeping up with the flow of traffic” :D . It’s excessive speeding, plain and simple and that is what the judge will say as well. Caveat emptor. This being said…

Realize what you are considering versus what your frame of reference is.

A V85TT has 76 bhp, while a R1200RS has 125. BHP is the indicator of theoretical top speed. Hence, a R1200RS will cruise 90mph+ at a much more relaxed “feel”, than the V85. The V85 can easily do it as well, but the engine will be spinning much faster and feel like it is approaching the maximum output of the engine, much sooner than the R1200RS will.

Last edited:
Back