• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New seat time for my Norge

abbienormal

High Miler
GT Famiglia
I have owned several Corbin seats over the years plus Rick Meyers, Bill Meyers, Sargent, and at least one other I can't think of. While Corbin's service department has left a bit to be desired (mild understatement) in the past the advantage of not having to use my stock seat is a big plus. Also I have had decent luck in the comfort department with their seats. Running about 2 good to one just ok (was replaced with the RM) on various bikes.
This 2012 Norge seat ranks right down their with my BMW R1200GS low seat for most uncomfortable seat I have owned on trips. A couple hundred miles is ok but after that it becomes bad. A shame as my 2007 Norge seat was good enough I never really had to replace it. I did make one attempt to buy a better seat, not Corbin, but the replacement was worse than the stock. I sold it at a large loss. (I had to edit this as I forgot about the other seat I tried early on but went back to stock.)
On August 25 I called Corbin and asked what the approximate delivery time was if I ordered a seat. Nothing fancy just a standard unheated seat with the carbon imprint leather in the seating area and no welt. I was told 2-3 weeks which I thought was fairly good. I went online and placed the order right after that phone call. The same day I got an order acknowledgement stating production lead time was 4-5 weeks. Not a deal breaker but not making me happy. I did send an email expressing my disappointment but I wasn’t mad. This must have been a standard form letter as 8 days later I received a FedEx tracking email with delivery time a week later. Ordering a seat and receiving the finished product 15 days later when 1 week of that is delivery with a holiday is to be commended. I installed the seat today but I can't test ride it as I have to go to work in a bit. Initial impression is a nice seating position but a bit wider at the front spreading my legs a bit more to reach the ground. The seated position seems a bit lower but hard to tell without a ride. I have OEM Honda Gold Wing foot pegs on order to go with it but they are not here yet.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your impressions. I too have considered a seat replacement. I've read the MG gel seat isn't an improvement, but wondered about a Corbin. Seats seem a little expensive to "just try." The wider at the front comment concerns me tho, as I am already an inch or two from flat footing with the stock 2015 seat. Most I've ridden without a long break is about 300 miles. My major complaint wasn't my butt... However, a lower seat might make the already somewhat cramped thigh-knee-ankle geometry feel even more cramped. Let us know ;)

I opted for a Sargent seat for my 1100 Breva (same geometry as the Norge). I went for a taller sear to open up the seat to peg difference. Their high density foam made the seat an all day saddle.

I have a Russell Day-Long on my Norge, though I had a Corbin on another bike and was happy with it. The Russell is the only seat I will buy in future for anything other than a dirt bike.

Everybody writes good about Russel but everybody says the same thing. As tall or Taller than stock. Mr. Shortlegs here does not want that. I have called and spoke to them on at least one bike. I forget which one. Their design limits shortening the seat.

Everybody writes good about Russel but everybody says the same thing. As tall or Taller than stock. Mr. Shortlegs here does not want that. I have called and spoke to them on at least one bike. I forget which one. Their design limits shortening the seat.

Tried a Russel. With a stock seat, flat foot with knees bent. With the Russel, tip toes. Unless you and a 34 inch inseam or greater, I wouldn't recommend the Russel. BTW, I have a 32 inch inseam for reference.

Just finished a 1400 mile trip on my new Corbin for the Norge, did about 450 miles a day, and more than a few on Gravel roads..... (google maps fail) The seating position is interesting. It is wider than stock, and definitely lower, but you also farther back, so there is little pressure on the knees. What I like most is how the seat locks you into the bike and increases stability. Very happy with it. Also notable is that this is the softest Corbin I have had in years. My last two were hard as a rock and never 'broke in' This is Corbin's best effort for me. That said, I may send it back and ask for a 1" lift to the seat. Though it is very comfortable, I would like a bit more leg extension. As stated elsewhere, I'm running the Goldwing pegs which are very nice. WIde, flat and about 1" lower than the stock 'elevator' pegs.

Attachments

• DSCN1435.JPG
    DSCN1435.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 25
I like the two tone color. I am not a fan of my all black and keep threatening to paint it but can't bring myself to spend the cash.

I opted for the factory lowered gel seat on my Norge. I only kept the original seat just a short time and my impression of it was okay but not quite soft enough. Got the factory gel seat and my cheeks are so much happier now. Done several long days and all is well.

I like the two tone color. I am not a fan of my all black and keep threatening to paint it but can't bring myself to spend the cash.

I bet you could easily paint the knee section of the Tank and the little side covers under the seat silver. That little bit really sets the bike off nicely.

They say 1,000 miles to break in a Corbin. I took it on a 220 mile ride shortly after install and while it was better than stock my buns were sore. At least my tailbone didn't feel bruised like the stock seat. I gave the new seat a decent test this week with 1,465 miles through western NY to northern NY and VT just below Canada. Then I went down through eastern NY along Lake George area and then to route 6 in PA and home. This was a 5 day ride and each day the seat improved. I won't declare it the perfect seat but I could do the ride again today with no pains. It seems to be good for about an 1-1/2 to 2 hours then you just need to pick your butt up off the seat to get some circulation and you're ready to go again. I've grown accustomed to the slightly increased leg spread at the front when stopped and feet down. In all that mileage I think under 100 miles was interstate with nice enjoyable 300 miles days with sightseeing thrown in.
I also installed the Goldwing pegs before leaving and what a difference. My knees didn't feel locked when I got off the bike. I only have a 28" inseam. You taller guys have my sympathy.
Several miracles occurred on this trip. The most rain I hit was on the first day I rode on a few damp roads shortly after leaving, the bike ran perfect and my planned route that I had put into the GPS before leaving was followed with only a couple exceptions. Normally by day 2 the route is completely changed. Temperatures were mid 60's in the morning, going over 80 in the afternoon then back down by evening.

Seats and screens. SO dependent on the user. For seats it really helps to define what you need.
I make my own seats and have both a Russell and BMS for my Norge. The BMS, for me, is miles ahead of the Russell. This after a total of 3500 miles on the two seats.
I use what my customers use so I understand as best as I can what they experience. I also use my seat covers on these seats, again to experience exactly what my customers experience.

I've also had three Corbins. How anyone rides those is beyond me-but that illiterates the first point perfectly. VERY dependent on the rider.

I installed the seat today but I can't test ride it as I have to go to work in a bit. Initial impression is a nice seating position but a bit wider at the front spreading my legs a bit more to reach the ground. The seated position seems a bit lower but hard to tell without a ride.

When I ordered my Corbin for my 1200 Sport a while ago they advertised something like 3/4" lower height vs stock. I asked them to make it the same height as stock when I placed my order as I really didn't feel I could give up any leg room. There was no extra cost at that time, most likely as they had to build it anyway.

When I ordered my Corbin for my 1200 Sport a while ago they advertised something like 3/4" lower height vs stock. I asked them to make it the same height as stock when I placed my order as I really didn't feel I could give up any leg room. There was no extra cost at that time, most likely as they had to build it anyway.
I can see the plus to that. Another 3/4" between my posterior and the pegs would help while riding but as it is I am on tip toes when stopped. That is with the 5/8" lowered rear due to my shorter Ohlins I got off Todd. I just worry about reaching the ground easily. I know it should not matter but it does.
The lower seat also caused me to remove the Cal-Sci windshield and put the stock back on so I could easily see over it.
As KOF said, it is all preference.

Back