• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Suspension for the old Norge

DaveGibbons

Just got it firing!
Did my first long run of the year on the 2 valve Norge with my better half as ballest and have decided both front and back end not behaving as I would like. Too much dive on the front and rear end not absorbing the variations in an ideal way with what pass for roads in the UK. So just ordered Matris front fork kit and a Nitron rear shock. Need to strip rear end anyway to grease up linkages and swing arm. I will let you know how it all goes with some pics in a couple of weeks!

Hi Dave, look forward to hearing of this, I have a 2 valve Breva , front so soft , so is rear , so will be good to hear how it all goes. Yea I reckon I need to look at lubing the "rear end" from what I've heard , so it will be interesting to hear what you find when you get in there ?
dave

Hello guys, I already changed the suspension of my Breva 1200 2V. The original springs were replaced by Hyperpro progressive springs. After the changing the bike behaved much better. Of course it can always do better but I am satisfied. Especially cornering is really much better. There is more ground clearance and the back of the bike is much more stable. To make it even more better you have to invest a lot more money in the suspension.
Concerning the link system, I can say that I have revised the system a year ago. After dismounting I saw it was a big mess. All bearings were full of rubbish and were rusted and were completely fixed. So make it open and clean everything and greas it with sufficient good grease if you're still in time. I my case I had to replace all the needle bearings, the smal axes and the seals. Even the housings was damaged by the stuck bearings. For me one more object to replace. From now on I will clean and grease all the system every two years.

Just done the fork springs on mine (now Hyperpro progressive ) with 15w oil....so much better.... Waiting on a new spring for the rear,
Another happy bunny here

Back