• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge rear brake pedal disapearing under your foot?

Squardy

Just got it firing!
My Norge has been in storage for 12 months and when I rode it for the first time after storage the rear brake pedal kept going down with no braking happening and I got a little frightend as this was not how I remembered it. Has anyone got any clue to what has happened and what I can do to fix it.

Sounds like you have air in the line. Need to check and bleed it.
My 2007 Norge did this repeatedly. As stated bleeding it normally cured it temporarily and was the cheapest cure. I had the master cylinder changed with no effect under warranty. Only after warranty when I changed the ABS unit did I finally fix the problem. Thankfully somebody sacrificed their Norge so I could buy a used unit. (Bought one from a salvage yard)

No, I would just bleed it normal. It got to where I could do it on the side of the road. Even when I swapped the unit I just did the pump and bleed. The problem I was worried about was if the salvage unit had the same problem as it seems common.
My 2012 stays consistent but unfortunately it is consistently a long throw before I get a brake. I had to install an offset toe pedal on the lever so I could push it far enough down for it to work.

No, I would just bleed it normal. It got to where I could do it on the side of the road. Even when I swapped the unit I just did the pump and bleed. The problem I was worried about was if the salvage unit had the same problem as it seems common.
My 2012 stays consistent but unfortunately it is consistently a long throw before I get a brake. I had to install an offset toe pedal on the lever so I could push it far enough down for it to work.
I just purchased a 2015 Norge and noticed that there is a lot of play until you hit brakes. I was wondering if that was normal

I just purchased a 2015 Norge and noticed that there is a lot of play until you hit brakes. I was wondering if that was normal
My 2014 seems to have an unusual amount of play before the rear brakes start to kick in too.
I'm changing over to some lowered pegs and hoping that this will bring my foot down enough that the dead zone will seem less since I'm starting from a lower position.

Bleed the brakesystem once a year. Last week I did and the back as well as the front brakes were subsequently much better.
I'm still looking for a way to bleed the brakesystem inlcuding the ABS-system on my own.
Anyone?

I believe Speed Bleeders are the way to go. I intend to get some, but I'm confused about the number of sizes available. Anyone know which one fits what Guzzi model?

I believe Speed Bleeders are the way to go. I intend to get some, but I'm confused about the number of sizes available. Anyone know which one fits what Guzzi model?

My Brembos came with bleeder screws already in place - I just attached a vacuum bleeder pump, kept the reservoir filled, and pumped it through... I'm not sure Speed Bleeders would make that much difference.

The speed bleeders are a bleeder with a built in one way valve. If you use a vacuum bleeder as you do (and I do) you won't likely see much of an advantage to the speed bleeder. But for those that do the old fashioned pump / hold/ release method the speed bleeder is an improvement.

My 2014 seems to have an unusual amount of play before the rear brakes start to kick in too.
I'm changing over to some lowered pegs and hoping that this will bring my foot down enough that the dead zone will seem less since I'm starting from a lower position.
I installed new Vesrah brake pads front and rear in my 2012 Norge this week. What a difference in the front brakes. Smooth and progressive. Plus I don't sound like a school bus when stopping.
While doing the rear I pumped the brake pedal to push the pistons out some controlling the travel of each piston with my thumb. I then pushed them back in. My thought was if the long travel was caused by a trapped air bubble in the master cylinder I could push it out. It worked. My pedal now travels much less. I had already bled the system normally but I have seen occasions in the past where there has been a trapped bubble in a master cylinder.
Here is my installed offset brake lever toe.

Attachments

• IMG_20160627_171841516.jpg
    IMG_20160627_171841516.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back