• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Should i keep my classic

caznpete66

Just got it firing!
Guys ,Guys ,needing to know as not that mechanical and to get some advice as to whether we my wife and I should keep our nevada classic ,based here on the NSW mId North Coast of off load it ,as am alwazs concerned that the only decent person I have found with the knowledge to tune,repair or diagnose any problems ,is a good ol guy at Cundletown named Charlie(last name with held from most),but am fearful that if something major goes wrong I will be lost ,so needing ideas on whether it stays or goes ,Awiting your jibes ,replies Peter

If it wasn't such a long drive to your house from Ohio USA , I'd take it off your hands. :laugh: Beautiful bike. Keep it and ride the wheels off of it. ;)

Problem is Max that in Pete's area there seems to be nobody competent to either maintain, advise on maintenance or provide warranty service on the machine. Pete admits, honestly, that his mechanical skills are limited and doesn't feel confident tackling the problems associated with the machine. His experiences so far have been a litany of upset and despair, I find it hard to believe that he still has much confidence in either the individual machine, the brand or his dealer. He's be far better off selling it and buying something that he can get serviced localy, easily.

While the north coast of NSW isn't exactly the back of beyond competent dealerships for ANY brand are going to be few and far between. It's a simple numbers game. There is a *better* chance of there being a competent dealer for one of the big-4 brands than there is likely to be one for Guzzi/Aprilia/Ducati/KTM/BMW even. It makes sense for him to move on.

Pete

As much as I love the small blocks. I've got to agree. If you're not a home mechanic and don't have any dealers you can lean on, Guzzi can be a tough brand to own. Epecially if the bike has history of issues. You'll never feel comfortable and confident. He has to get a different bike just for emotional reasons.

Joe

Well, I certainly see your point now. I have been very fortunate to have a Guzzi dealer about 35 miles from my town. They have been good to me and I hope they continue to carry the brand. Like most dealers these days, they are having to cope with a rocky economy. From what I'm hearing, they will be dropping some of the brands they currently carry. Last I spoke with management, Guzzi is one of the brands they want to keep. Sure hope it pans out that way. To be honest, I'm pretty clueless about any 4 stroke engine. The only engines I ever worked on were the 2 stroke Huskies , Bultacos, Pentons and CZ's of days gone by. I should probably start reading and boning up on the subject incase my own dealer situation goes to pot. Thanks for setting me straight Pete.

Back