• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

SoCal Riding

VictorScot

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Thanks Victor. Love to get the VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Julian brings many smiles for me as a pass-through every Friday night (with my ride group) when I lived in Del Mar. Hope to see you here often, and happy to be of service at my workshop in Orange. Hope to see you online here often and in person one day soon.
Todd, this personal service on the forum is pretty impressive, I must say. (Original post updated with VIN.)
Del Mar: I was a Torrey Pines High School student. Grew up riding in the slough that is now the San Elijo Lagoon Preserve. I'll get the VIN later today once I get home. I'll post up on the tech page later too: I want some guidance on the metal fuel filter job that I'll do next. Got order some parts. Battery too!

Last edited:
Growing up in El Cajon, if I had a dollar for every time I rode through Julian, I’d have a stack of money 10’ high.

From my earliest memories of riding my Moto Minarelli powered Motron moped from Paso Picacho campground past Lake Cuyamaca and onwards to Julian for sarsaparilla at the corner general store, to apple cider at the Cider Mill and apple pie at the Cafe to riding through there time and again on every motorcycle I ever owned over the years.

I watched Julian go from a tiny off the map town to the tourist filled craziness on the weekends. Haven’t been there in 20 years. Probably a metropolis now! 😆

You made my morning!

Last edited:
Growing up in El Cajon, if I had a dollar for every time I rode through Julian, I’d have a stack of money 10’ high.

From my earliest memories of riding my Moto Minarelli powered Motron moped from Paso Picacho campground past Lake Cuyamaca and onwards to Julian for sarsaparilla at the corner general store, to apple cider at the Cider Mill and apple pie at the Cafe to riding through there time and again on every motorcycle I ever owned over the years.

I watched Julian go from a tiny off the map town to the tourist filled craziness on the weekends. Haven’t been there in 20 years. Probably a metropolis now! 😆

You made my morning!
Thanks for your post. It's still a beautiful town with lots of weekend tourists. Not crazy populated, but a couple of breweries big. It's Apple Days now and the weekend is crazy. Julian and the area continues to be a serious bike magnet. Riders of all kinds everywhere. Personally, I head east usually and enjoy riding the empty Anza Borrego desert.

Thanks for your post. It's still a beautiful town with lots of weekend tourists. Not crazy populated, but a couple of breweries big. It's Apple Days now and the weekend is crazy. Julian and the area continues to be a serious bike magnet. Riders of all kinds everywhere. Personally, I head east usually and enjoy riding the empty Anza Borrego desert.

I loved it out there too. You can breath and think out there and not much jumps out at you which is nice. Weather and visibility was always nice too.

I do miss Yaqui Pass and Montezuma Valley Road. Great roads and many others out there. Lucky You! Congratulations on your new Norge. Paul Lima and GP motorcycles were always very good to me for many years. I miss those guys too.

I do miss Yaqui Pass and Montezuma Valley Road.
Me too. I still do photoshoots out in Borrego and on MVR (though I haven’t been out there for a few years now). Don’t forget Banner Grade out to S2. @VictorScot - the Banner Store is still open it looks like? Such a ride back in time. That whole mind-blowing lovely area.

You guys always make me homesick!

Banner Grade was Awesome! The best day there was this photo, where my coworker, Sam Ballante from Brattin Motors BMW Motorcycles and I were breaking in our brand new motorcycles (my 2000 Yellow/White Ducati 996 Monoposto and Sam's Japanese something or other :D) blasting up and down Banner Grade all day. I was so excited about the 996 I cannot even remember what Sams motorcycle was.

I'm amazed the little store is still there, probably the campground too.

Those were insanely fun times and great memories were made on all of those roads, as well as the razor-sharpening and honing of my riding skills.

I'm still amazed at the number of famous Midwest riders out here because our roads...well...SUCK! :sick: :p

Love all those routes. Borrego is a little rough in the summer. I just turn around instead of heading down the mountain pass.

I understand thread integrity on a technical topic or something similar but on a “Hello” thread, is it really that critical? 🧐

... Julian! People can't believe this is San Diego county.

People NEVER believed me here in Ohio when I told them on many occasions, I surfed in the 72 degree sunshine and warm pacific waters in the early morning, then Jetskied and sailed in Mission Bay at 78 degrees then ate lunch, and then went for a motorcycle ride up Sunrise Highway in lightweight riding gear and stopped to have snowball fights along the road in the late afternoon, grabbed a sarsaparilla in Julian at the drugstore counter followed by a piece of pie across the street, and then arrived in Romona to go horseback riding in the warm evening breezes with the sun still shining, all within an hour drive between the locations in the same county.

I am officially HOMESICK. :envy:

Back