• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio electronics

Pungoguzzi

Just got it firing!
Just picked up a new Stelvio last week. (my nth bike, and fifth Guzzi, but first MG in ten years or so) For reasons mostly due to weather, the machine was started but not driven at the dealer, and I trailered it home.

Took it out for its first run later that day. Going down my driveway with 1 original mile on the odometer, the speedometer failed to indicate anything other than "0" Then, once on the road, the digital speed readout rapidly ran up and down between 0 and high(er) speeds - speeds not anywhere near actual. Riding it for just a short distance, I returned home and shut the machine off, and dismounted it in order to open the garage door. Then, the bike would not start (ie, no starter engagement). There is more...upon subsequent attempts to start it, after reentering security codes, etc, it simply would not start. Late that evening, it did start during one attempt, but not again. Battery voltage good, all that. And oh, the odometer was now running up miles...engine off, about one mile per ten-fifteen seconds - hauling. One other anamoly that crept up later in this debacle, was that on several later attempts, the starter would engage simply after the key was turned to "on," without ever depressing the starter switch.

Question, what has likely gone wrong? Dealer has the machine, and cannot even enter into the menu for code readouts, and has ordered new speedo/multifunction display. Any ideas? (Please don't bother to tell me that the machine is mad cause I took it home via trailer!)

Now, having said all the above: I love the machine, and am looking past this new, shouldn't happen, problem. Typical Guzzi feel, power delivery, awesome seating position, handling, love all that. Have new bags for it, not yet installed. Can't wait to ride on.

Pungoguzzi

Well firstly, welcome! And like I said to other new arrivals - OFF ROAD IS WHERE IT"S AT - OK! No more namby pamby highway and road stuff, we need to hear and see pics of the gnarly stuff where the Stelvio is meant to go, and plenty of pics please.....

And yes it's probably just pissed off that you put it on a trailer for the ride home - they are sensitive beasts Guzzis you know, but treat em nice and they will love you to death, but as it's your fifth I suspect you know that already :p

Anyway, sounds like something is dud, either a critical sensor (s) or just a dud instrument panel. Never heard of this sort of problem till now so have pride that you're the first :) Guzzi are good with this sort of thing IME, if you trust the dealer I'd just leave it to him and see what comes. Once sorted I am sure the bike will be fine.

Keep us posted on the fix, it will be interesting - welcome again, and I am sure Todd will be along shortly asking for pics and details for the owners registry - make sure you do as he asks, I have it on good authority that he has a direct line to the Guzzi Warranty Manager ;)

Hi There pungoguzzi

It sounds like 2 errors
1: The starter relay on the right side subframe under the clocks by the tank. There are 2, some models had one of these removed to aliviate starter problems.
2: The speedo sensor to the rear wheel has water ingress making the speedo fail.

Both the starter relay and speedo sensor problems are well documented on the Stelvio on the forum.
Once changed the faults are generally sorted.

Loftyjohn

Not had any problems with the dash, but the multifunction menu switch on the left handle bar does not work. I cant get the menu up to change the settings or reset the service intervals. I'm on the second switch, same problem.

Back