• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Heated Grips

pbears

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi Guys - good to be back in business.
At last it seems that MG are supplying dedicated Stelvio heated grips. My Dealer is expecting them in any day now. Will let you know how this goes. I recall some issues on the original forum about not being able to change settings while running - perhaps these were non model-specific grips. Ride On!

No, it's the factory controls that are controlled by the master display, and according to the manual the settings can only be changed when the bike is at rest.

At least that is how I read it. I just installed some aftermarket heaters for that reason. Simple toggle switch mounted right next to my left hand - works just dandy.

It seems odd the OEM heated grips could only be changed when not running. I purchased and installed the OEM MG heated grips for my B11. They can be adjusted while running and on the road.

Now, if you want to completely turn them on or off, the button has to be held for a few seconds. Also, whatever setting you leave the grips at when you turn the bike off, the grips will return the same setting at start up.

Hopefully, someone with Stelvio OEM heated grips can provide some more information.

I'm still hesitating between the Guzzi and some adaptable ones. My dealer says the ones he puts on the Hondas are better and cheaper...

Clearly you can get cheaper after-market heated grips from a number of sources including other bike companies. An issue for consideration is the extent to which you want to clutter up the bars with controls. I guess one benefit of the MG solution is that there are no add-on controls on the bars to get in the way. However - this comes at a great price when you consider that Oxfords are probably around £40 and MG nearer £150!!! Ride On!

Clutter is an issue, but it also fun to work on in the garage. My solution:

beak005.jpg

Need to run to Radio Shack and pick up a waterproof switch cover and straighten the Hi/Lo label, but it works a treat (at any speed:) )

My dealer says there are no such thing as Stelvio heated grips- they are simply the same grips as fitted to other new Guzzis and are widely available.

Bloody expensive though.

Stick with the oxford grips, they can be wired into the Guzzi controls, so no extra clutter. One point to note though is the Guzzi menu button is a bit like the cams...................unreliable. Cant change the clock back to GMT at the moment.

lol looks like MG ownership will be fun, and prosperous for my dealer.

guzzirider wrote:
My dealer says there are no such thing as Stelvio heated grips- they are simply the same grips as fitted to other new Guzzis and are widely available.

Bloody expensive though.

My information is that they are not the same. Mine should come this week!

my guzzi dealer said, the oxfords are not released for the Stelvio controls up to now

I have finally my heated grips! But they are not the Stelvio ones, but the ones from / for the 1200 sport.

But they do fit en get really warm! The only problem is that you have to drill some holes (3) in your steering wheel.

Brian UK wrote:
hooiberg wrote:
The only problem is that you have to drill some holes (3) in your steering wheel.
:S
Any chance of an explanation?

The heated grips are a bit longer (0,5 cm), so the bar ends won't fit anymore. To fix this, you have to change the position of the clamps of the handles and the position of the buttons for the starter and the lights too.

On the right side (the throttle side) you have to drill one new hole (4mm), so you can fit the pin of the starter button in his new position.

On the left side, you need to drill two holes: one for the screw of the heated grip (this left one is fitted with two screws: one in this new hole and one in the existing hole of the lights button) and one to fit the lights button in a new position.

Sorry I haven't made any pictures...

Thanks guys - but this does suggest that there is in fact a dedicated set of Stelvio heated grips coming. I'm still waiting.... will call the dealer and let you know. Cheers from Dorset.

Just had the Oxford grips fitted with the Oxford control. Same as the ones on my Pan Euro. Brill and hot.
Didn't fit them in to the Guzzi menu button as this works as well as the cam followers.
Sure they'll get it right in the end.
Oh they did, but not on the Stelvio.

OK I gave in!
Perhaps as Italy is a little further south than the UK Guzzi havent realised that its now winter up here and therefore whats the rush for heated grips for a bike thats been released only since the spring?
My grips have been on order for 6 months and I think thats probably enough. I have had the dealer fit Oxfords for £99 fitted.
They are excellent. They dont look great on the bars but then I've saved £70 plus fitting for the Guzzi grips if and when they ever turn up.
Cheers from Dorset.

Back