• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio V18 to V52 map

DanPez

Cruisin' Guzzisti
FrostBittenCanadian said:
Danpez: Nope! It's not the latest map. The latest is STV8V52. I've had the 18 since Mar.09 despite being told it was up to date. Just checked my self and got the 52 installed, by compatriot, ex of dealer where I bought. Who happens to have his own up to date Axone. He installed the 52 map, what a difference !! Just like Mr. Roper says. Better idle, more midrange ,less farting, revs freer. It will make a huge difference get the 52 map!
FBC

If I change the V18 to the new map .... is there no turning back?
Does any one have AFR comparisons or Dyno results between the two?

DanPez said:
Danpez: Nope! It's not the latest map. The latest is STV8V52. I've had the 18 since Mar.09 despite being told it was up to date. Just checked my self and got the 52 installed, by compatriot, ex of dealer where I bought. Who happens to have his own up to date Axone. He installed the 52 map, what a difference !! Just like Mr. Roper says. Better idle, more midrange ,less farting, revs freer. It will make a huge difference get the 52 map!
FBC

Once you update, there is no turning back with Axone or Navigator. Todd might be able to put the old map back in. You would have to check with him.

DanPez said:
I can re-flash with any map I have, not a problem.
All AFR data on any factory map is horrifically lean below 40% throttle, and horribly rich in the upper revs.

john zibell said:
Once you update, there is no turning back with Axone or Navigator. Todd might be able to put the old map back in. You would have to check with him.
I don't get it ....If the Axone or Navigator downloads a V52.bin file why can't it download a V18.bin file? (eeprom characteristic)
Or else would you know if there is any PC software out there besides the Axone or Navigator communicators where I can upload the map from the 5am ECU into a *.bin file work in ascii or hex and download the mods.
I asked TR and they don't ... :(

GT-Rx said:
All AFR data on any factory map is horrifically lean below 40% throttle, and horribly rich in the upper revs.
Per my comment above ..... I'm just looking to be able to fall back with little or no down time if I don't like the new mapping that all!

The v52 was a definite improvement for me when I had it applied last year. Mostly in mitigating the low rpm "surging"

DanPez said:
john zibell said:
I don't get it ....If the Axone or Navigator downloads a V52.bin file why can't it download a V18.bin file? (eeprom characteristic)
Or else would you know if there is any PC software out there besides the Axone or Navigator communicators where I can upload the map from the 5am ECU into a *.bin file work in ascii or hex and download the mods.

GT-Rx said:
Per my comment above ..... I'm just looking to be able to fall back with little or no down time if I don't like the new mapping that all!

The way Axone an Navigator is set up, with the 8 valve bikes it can only load the latest map. With the 2 valve bike it can reload the original or an older map. Don't ask my why, that is just the way it is.

cgalardi said:
The v52 was a definite improvement for me when I had it applied last year. Mostly in mitigating the low rpm "surging"

Hey Chris
You see..... as an example ..... like others your claiming it improved the low rpm "surging".
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it didn't improve the response .....I don't know, its subjective to a personal comparison...... In my case I don't have a problem.
I find the bike runs smooth ... no hickups..... idles fine .... bursts into action at 5000rpm and up! (With the V18 map)

People may say.....then why change it .... but knowing that there is something out there that may improve the stock performance ......its killing me! arh! :evil:

So I'm trying to find alternatives without loosing what I got .....You cannot have your cake and eat it (too)? :pinch:

Dan: You think yor happy with the 18 map? Wait til you ride it with the 52 map, you ain't gonna want to go back!!!!
FBC

I'd love to get the 52 map. Anything to make this thing run smoother. Problem -> nobody in N. Cali has an Axone.

Dan: You think yor happy with the 18 map? Wait til you ride it with the 52 map, you ain't gonna want to go back!!!!
FBC

Where did you get the map installed???

DanPez said:
I don't get it ....If the Axone or Navigator downloads a V52.bin file why can't it download a V18.bin file? (eeprom characteristic). Or else would you know if there is any PC software out there besides the Axone or Navigator communicators where I can upload the map from the 5am ECU into a *.bin file work in ascii or hex and download the mods.
As simply put as I can... Axone/Navigator and the 5AM are built for uploading of data, not downloading. This is done as a security measure for the manufacturers. They simply don't want the liability of anyone tampering with it, or its data.
ECU manipulation has become big business in the last decade (longer in the automotive industry), and the motorcycle industry is now following suit. I own the hardware & software to do so. It can be (now) had for ~$7k USD+. It cost me substantially more a few years ago. Also, none of the software is end-user friendly, and takes a week of training in Italy if you are so inclined... or I offer the service for $500 per, or OEM map updates to anyone that needs it, is free.
TR used to offer an affordable kit to do this with the older 15M, but they have since dropped it after a few issues with it over the years. They do offer a Tuning Software Kit for HD's though, and it is doing well for them.

GT-Rx said:
As simply put as I can... Axone/Navigator and the 5AM are built for uploading of data, not downloading. This is done as a security measure for the manufacturers. They simply don't want the liability of anyone tampering with it, or its data.
ECU manipulation has become big business in the last decade (longer in the automotive industry), and the motorcycle industry is now following suit. I own the hardware & software to do so. It can be (now) had for ~$7k USD+. It cost me substantially more a few years ago. Also, none of the software is end-user friendly, and takes a week of training in Italy if you are so inclined...or I offer the service for $500 per, or OEM map updates to anyone that needs it, is free..

As far as the Axone/Navigator downloading a new revision map, I would assume, may have something to do with updating ECU firmware at the same time…. Can’t go back!!
Thanks for the information …. I sort of expected that other softwares would not be user friendly and easily accessible. (Surfing the web I found nothing!!!)
And thanks for the offer!!!!

GT-Rx said:
TR used to offer an affordable kit to do this with the older 15M, but they have since dropped it after a few issues with it over the years. They do offer a Tuning Software Kit for HD's though, and it is doing well for them.

You also mentioned TR used to offer an affordable kit …..would you know if the 15M uses the same communication protocol as the 5AM?

DanPez said:
You also mentioned TR used to offer an affordable kit …..would you know if the 15M uses the same communication protocol as the 5AM?
Couldn't be further apart.

I'm probably one of the few that still has the V18 map ......

Gotta go to the dealer to get my ECU updated from V18 to V52. (Free of charge) :woohoo:
Except the service rep asked me to leave the bike there for the day. :huh:
I found it weird.

I have a 2010 does this map change pertain to my bike? I know they had a map and cam change for the 2010 model.

Not the 52 is for 2008 bikes.

overview:

STELVIO 1200 MY '08 2229STV8V52
STELVIO 1200 MY '09 no abs 2229STA42Z
STELVIO 1200 MY '10 ABS Continental 2229STA42Z
STELVIO 1200 MY '09/'10 /ABS Bosch 2229STA42ZA
STELVIO 1200 MY '10/'11 3222ST02

when the dealer connects the navigator on your bike, it automaticaly gets the correct map for your bike

pauldaytona said:
Not the 52 is for 2008 bikes.
overview:
STELVIO 1200 MY '08 2229STV8V52
STELVIO 1200 MY '09 no abs 2229STA42Z
STELVIO 1200 MY '10 ABS Continental 2229STA42Z
STELVIO 1200 MY '09/'10 /ABS Bosch 2229STA42ZA
STELVIO 1200 MY '10/'11 3222ST02
when the dealer connects the navigator on your bike, it automaticaly gets the correct map for your bike

Paul,
I took a look at my Stelvio VIN # and deciphered the numbers ........ZGULZC0009M112370
According to the #'s I have a 2009 model ......without ABS.
When I connect the VDST I get 2229STV8V18 ...... this is the original version that came with the bike. (Purchased in October 2009)

Therefore the dealers should install "STELVIO 1200 MY '09 no abs 2229STA42Z" ????

I'm :huh: I thought the latest version for my bike was 2229STV8V52.

Back