• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tell Us About Your Mods

You are the man!!! Thanks LR.

Hey Longrider and everyone. We went down to Fla. and did the Dragon's Tail on the way back, man it was hot!! I had the TomTom but unfortunately since it comes with no instructions and the website is extremely difficult to manage or even understand, I couldn't use it to the best of its ability.

Before we left I of course registered my device, but was not sent an email with an access number for TYRE. I went to the TYRE website, created a user name and password and then had to login using them. Guess what? They were rejected. I created a new one, rejected. Yesterday, having forgotten my previous experience, I created a new user name and password, rejected again.

I've called TomTom shitty customer support to get some satisfaction and they are useless. What would you suggest I do now?

Thank you. P.S. I got a new phone and will be posting pics soon, maybe even today

Hey Longrider and everyone. We went down to Fla. and did the Dragon's Tail on the way back, man it was hot!! I had the TomTom but unfortunately since it comes with no instructions and the website is extremely difficult to manage or even understand, I couldn't use it to the best of its ability.

Before we left I of course registered my device, but was not sent an email with an access number for TYRE. I went to the TYRE website, created a user name and password and then had to login using them. Guess what? They were rejected. I created a new one, rejected. Yesterday, having forgotten my previous experience, I created a new user name and password, rejected again.

I've called TomTom shitty customer support to get some satisfaction and they are useless. What would you suggest I do now?

Thank you. P.S. I got a new phone and will be posting pics soon, maybe even today

I'd try to take it back to the store where you bought it. Explain that you can't make it work and Tom Tom has been no help. If they refuse to take it back (and if you paid for it with a credit card), call your credit card company and put the purchase in dispute. You'll probably have to write a letter to the credit card company, but you might end up having them void the purchase. I've done this only one time, but it was on a $3,000 transmission job when my tranny went out when pulling my 32' 5th wheel back in '02. The Texas Dodge dealer's service dept. and manager totally tried to screw me and I was stuck for a month waiting for them to get the tranny right. They couldn't satisfy the credit card company and I didn't end up paying for the transmission!

I'd try to take it back to the store where you bought it. Explain that you can't make it work and Tom Tom has been no help. If they refuse to take it back (and if you paid for it with a credit card), call your credit card company and put the purchase in dispute. You'll probably have to write a letter to the credit card company, but you might end up having them void the purchase. I've done this only one time, but it was on a $3,000 transmission job when my tranny went out when pulling my 32' 5th wheel back in '02. The Texas Dodge dealer's service dept. and manager totally tried to screw me and I was stuck for a month waiting for them to get the tranny right. They couldn't satisfy the credit card company and I didn't end up paying for the transmission!

I sent it back to Amazon and am waiting for the funds.

Finally got some pics of my bike with the mods.

MG saddlebags
MG top box in black and I had it painted Merc. Gray
MG heat shields
MG luggage rack
MG GPS mount
MG engine guards
? ram mount for phone

In the coming months I will be replacing stock cans for Agostini's and hopefully anodizing or powder coating all the external nuts and bolts and the valve covers. IMG 0280 IMG 0284 IMG 0289 IMG 20150731 193857591 HDR

MG saddlebags
MG heat shields
MG luggage rack
MG GPS mount
MG engine guards
? ram mount for phone

In the coming months I will be replacing stock cans for Agostini's and hopefully anodizing or powder coating all the external nuts and bolts and the valve covers. View attachment 8887View attachment 8888 View attachment 8889View attachment 8890

And MG touring windshield!

MG saddlebags
MG heat shields
MG luggage rack
MG GPS mount
MG engine guards
? ram mount for phone

In the coming months I will be replacing stock cans for Agostini's and hopefully anodizing or powder coating all the external nuts and bolts and the valve covers. View attachment 8887View attachment 8888 View attachment 8889View attachment 8890
How are the heat shields working? Do you feel a difference after you installed them? Are they worth the pricing?

My new 2014 California Touring with 50L MG tourpack, heat shields, Corbin seat with rider's backrest, lower wind deflectors, and Garmin gps. Took it to the Blue Ridge mountains for the weekend. I love it. My other bike is a 2014 Indian Chieftain which I pretty much converted to a Roadmaster.

Attachments

• MG.JPG
    MG.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 67
I too would like to know if the heat shields are worth it? And sgI0226, how do you like the Corbin? I have been thinking about one of those too.
To be honest, I don't think I could tell much difference when the heat shields were placed. But then I ordered the Corbin seat because I wanted a backrest. I am much more comfortable with the backrest and the seat itself is very nice. The one issue I have is that I'm a little more forward and my knees bump into the heat shields. I'm glad they're there because I'd hate to think what would happen if my knees were bumping into the motor. So from that standpoint, the heat shields were worth it. Otherwise I'm not sure I'd get them again. Others may disagree.

My bike throws so much heat that I thought maybe the cooling fan wasn't working anymore. I went to my dealer who promptly tested the system and told me the fan was coming on at high temps as designed, fan was still working so all is good. I'd like to buy those heat shields but not if i'm not going to feel a relief or a difference. They are quite expensive for what they are. Anyone else out here have them and did they do what they claim?

6'1" or 6'3" you guys should compare inseams. At 5'4" and a 28" inseam I am not sure heat from that area even reaches me. :)

Back