• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The importance of engine bars

Ranishdogs

Guzzi in the blood
GT Contributor
Just a small post to show how the Moto Guzzi engine protection bars work in a spill . Monday last I managed to not see a shiny drain cover in the middle of a roundabout in Glasgow in the peeing rain . Result , down and slide . Between the crash bars , hard pannier and my right foot taking the most of it there was very little damage .
R/h crashbar scraped and a little pushed back , rear brake peddle bent [ think this landed on my foot and the bike spun round on it ] scrape on r/h exhaust heat sheild [well done Mot Guzzi for making this replaceable and scraped r/'h pannier.
More embarrassed than anything . The crashbars did a good job , not mark on any bodywork , engine etc .
I found out that I don't bounce anymore . 😕

Attachments

• 20240430_091632.jpg
    20240430_091632.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240430_091639.jpg
    20240430_091639.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20240430_091646.jpg
    20240430_091646.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 51
Ouch, @Ranishdogs ! Glad no serious injury to you. But, exactly why I went with these bars as well! I had a tip over, and was able to sandpaper the scuff, and hit with some black gloss spray paint… can’t tell it now. Won’t work for yours though😕… but, just tell folks you were doing your Marc Marquez and had it leaned over in the corner - and, look what happened! Seriously tho, glad you weren’t hurt.

Very glad that you are OK. 🙏🙏🙏

The bike can be repaired easily. Humans, not so much.

Yes, I am a huge fan of engine protection bars on Moto Guzzi motorcycles and not those cutesier guards that merely bolt onto the valve cover.

Thanks for the good wishes , replacement parts on way and not too expensive . £320 for everything . Jim Allan has got the crashbars in stock and is doing the first service on Thursday . At least I'll have a spare L/H bar. New boots needed

Attachments

• IMG-20240430-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20240430-WA0005.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 28
  • Sad
Reactions: BDS
Sorry to learn of your off Ranishdogs, happy you got up from it and your V100 is not too badly damaged. ATGATT works...so do crash bars (but I don't have them, I just don't like the look of them.....I hope not to regret that choice).

T2

I don't like the looks of them either but they are the first thing I order with a new Guzzi. I got to use them on my Audace three times on simple tip overs. Just a little paint touch up, good as new.`
kk

I don't like the looks of them either but they are the first thing I order with a new Guzzi. I got to use them on my Audace three times on simple tip overs. Just a little paint touch up, good as new.`
kk
Same here!
I've dropped it at walking speeds
And I've had my mother back into it😂

Just a small post to show how the Moto Guzzi engine protection bars work in a spill . Monday last I managed to not see a shiny drain cover in the middle of a roundabout in Glasgow in the peeing rain . Result , down and slide . Between the crash bars , hard pannier and my right foot taking the most of it there was very little damage .
R/h crashbar scraped and a little pushed back , rear brake peddle bent [ think this landed on my foot and the bike spun round on it ] scrape on r/h exhaust heat sheild [well done Mot Guzzi for making this replaceable and scraped r/'h pannier.
More embarrassed than anything . The crashbars did a good job , not mark on any bodywork , engine etc .
I found out that I don't bounce anymore . 😕

Ouch. Glad you're ok and thanks for testing the crash bars for us ;)

First thing I do on every bike I've owned as responsible adult (you know, when you can afford a decent bike that you can't straighten with a hammer after a drop) is put crash protection on. Would be lovely if road builders followed Institute of Highway Engineers advice and stop putting drain covers on corners and bends!

Reactions: BDS
Back