• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The press is always so critical...

RE speed at rpm, I took along the GPS with the Stelvio on its maiden ride today. When I left it had 1 mile on the odo and almost exactly 200 when I returned. Anyway actual 60 mph shows as about 63 on the speedometer, and rpm is 4,000 at actual 60. I wish 5th and 6th were a little taller especially for traveling in areas of the country where typical speeds can be 80+. But it works ok the way it is.

Welcome to the world’s most litigious society!

Somebody was injured and sued somebody because their signal wasn’t visible under normal conditions at xyz feet away. Most likely, several lawsuits erupted and our beloved D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) got involved and passed legal requirements which changed everything.

This is precisely what happened with the Stelvio NTX.

The originally OEM fitted, body mounted turn signals, failed DOT certification in the USA because they were not the required distance FROM the main headlight. The bikes were already in the USA was my understanding and being denied certification for sale.

So Moto Guzzi scrambled and made blanks for the body location and procured those horrific Chinese crap mirrors with the cheap ass bulb in them and quickly fitted them.

They were truly awful mirrors and they buzzed like dragonfly wings. You couldn’t see anything in them but blurt!

Of course, virtually everybody immediately replaced those terrible mirrors with the European turn signals and replaced them with solid body mirrors. Problem solved and a huge joke to say the least. Moto Guzzi made $$$ on sales of the European light kits. Go figure…

Our D.O.T. does some great things sometimes but a lot of the crap they regulate is, well…crap.
And we, in Canada, can't be bothered to develop our own idiotic standards, our regulator simply says "yeh, what DOT said...". *sigh*

Yes! Mudguards are my current bugbear (in addition from hideous incandescent turn signals on NA versions of bikes). What's wrong with a functional length? Not so long ago -ish, it was standard and it looked good:

View attachment 34194
I often wonder why functional fenders went the way of the Dodo. My new Yamaha XSR 900 covers the rear shock in dirt and gravel passing through just a little runoff. The rear "hugger" is pathetic and the Moto GP front fender is nearly worthless. Oh well.........

All the youngsters I talk with seem obsessed with short fenders and eliminating the rear fender all together. The stylists are just copying that trend, along with the back seat waaaay up in the air with lots of space above the rear tire. Sure makes for a mess though.

I have the solution to satisfy those of us who want function as well as motorcycle stylists catering to cool people and hipsters. It wouldn't have worked in the past with painted or chrome metal fenders (mud guards for you Steve :), but it will with the plastic ones fitted to most bikes nowadays.
Fit them with full coverage fenders but have "cut here" lines moulded in the plastic underneath. They can mould in as many as they want. And in their ad photos just add a small disclaimer "fenders in motorcycle pictured cut at hipster line", or "line 3". The last line would not be a line at all simply the words "remove for full chopper look". It wouldn't cost more than a few pennies of plastic.

It wouldn't cost more than a few pennies of plastic.
Having worked in a plastic blow molding factory as the computer guy about 40 years ago, even then I could tell you that plastic parts are not expensive to make in terms of raw materials but they are considerably more than a few pennies.

However, what makes plastic body pieces truly expensive as sin, is the cost to produce the molds and the machine time.

These two items cost $$$$$ every single time and you have to distribute that cost against the number of pieces you plan to produce.

It’s damn expensive. Trust me I know.

All the youngsters I talk with seem obsessed with short fenders and eliminating the rear fender all together. The stylists are just copying that trend, along with the back seat waaaay up in the air with lots of space above the rear tire. Sure makes for a mess though.
Yep, one of the more stupid inventions is the "tail tidy"...... sounds like a personal hygiene product..

My Ducati has one of those things. Riding in very mild rain causes the back of neck to get wet from the tire spray.. Brilliant idea.

Riding in very mild rain causes the back of neck to get wet from the tire spray.. Brilliant idea.
LOL I went through that phase myself. I was 10 years old and removed the fenders on my 20" bicycle to look cool. And I did look cool until I had to ride home in rain hardly being able to see from the spray in my face. Then my mother laughing at the "skunk stripe" up the back of my shirt! The fenders went back on the next day.

FYI: Rider magazine has informed me that they'll be doing a full review of the V100 in an upcoming issue of their printed magazine.

I'm riding my V100S all winter. I've used XCP to protect it from the worst of the weather. After collecting it from the dealer on 14th December 2023 I've done just on 2000 miles. I really like this bike and so far no complaints at all. Most reviews in the UK are positive at least the ones I have seen / read.

Regarding V100 Mandello is a totally new model and generation, did it really have any major issues?
No, not according to a US dealer at least:

See @14.40

My thoughts:
The V100 release was delayed over a year due to COVID, component shortage etc, and they had time to test it out a good extended time, plus the technique used isn’t new, more the rethinking how to use and combine it, together with design.
Well, the winglets are totally new off course, and exhaust ports sideways.
But no new invented techniques really.
So I’m quite confident for the future use.

Last edited:
Back