• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Thoughts about the V100 after one year

TennesseeSmith

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I picked up my V100 Mandello one year ago today. I've put a bit over 10,000 miles on it so far.

Overall, the bike is awesome. The only issue I've had is the wacky readout for the thermometer. That's not a big issue.

I ride lots of twisties and scenic backroads. The bike handles as well as anything I've owned. It accelerates quickly and it stops nicely too. I've found it to be comfortable. The seat does not argue with my butt. Although, my knees sometimes complain a bit after a few hundred miles.

I did not see any of the maintenance issues some other owners experienced. I've had the bike serviced at the Moto Guzzi shop in Mt Sterling, Kentucky. Those guys are great.

I was not as happy with the rear OEM tire when it started to go off after about 9000 miles. It began to complain about right turns. I had to keep a good bit of pressure on the handlebar to keep the bike from standing back up. It worked great in left turns. I resolved that today by replacing the OEM tires with Roadsmart IV tires. These were expensive at about $600 for the pair. But I think they'll be worth it.

I've been impressed with the saddlebags and the top box. They hold a lot of stuff and they've been very easy to use. I like the fact that I can latch the top box without locking it. That is very convenient when I stop for a quick photo.

I've been posing photos on SmugMug in case anyone is interested in seeing them. Here's a photo of the bike at the Nada Tunnel today.
IMG 0782

Great write up. thanks. We lived in Lexington KY for several years. Riding through that tunnel is fun. A bit slippery with all the water but a nice ride. I was riding a CAII back then and my friend on his 850 Eldorado. Riding through that tunnel with the engines in sync is an awesome sound. Just like a piston driven multi engine bomber!

Good to see your post, Tennesee. I live riding in KY - did about 175 miles there last Monday😁. Let us know what you think of the new tires. I can’t wait to dump the stock Angels.

Eastern KY is a great place to ride. I’ve had two family rides there in the past few years that have been great roads…and some fine bourbon.

Everybody seems to b***h about the stock Angel tires but have no complaints. Handle well but I don't have enough miles on them to comment on longevity but if I get 9,000 miles out of them I will be happy. The Pirellis on my V7 and Bonneville were terrible, never met a groove they didn't like and wanted to quit before their time. I even had to cut a trip short because the rear on the Bonneville was going away quickly.
kk

"How the hell did you get 9000 miles on a stock tire."

I actually got 10,000 out of it. It got progressively worse over the last thousand miles.

I've owned two Honda CTX1300s. The off/on throttle response is so abrupt on these bikes that I've developed a very smooth way of riding. And I've discovered that smoother is quicker too.

I ride solo and don't pack a lot of weight on the bike. I keep my tires at the recommended air pressure. And mostly, I live in an area with great asphalt. The roads in eastern Kentucky and eastern Tennessee are better than most other parts of the US.

No complaints about the bike at all after 13 months and 9500 miles. My only complaint is that I couldn’t ride it for six months due to cancer treatment, but back on the road now. I changed both tyres at 7780 miles which I thought was reasonable for the rear but not for the front; would have expected more.

Sold my V100 S after 10 months of ownership. Overall great bike bud did not match my expectations. The biggest disappointment was Öhlins suspension, stiff, not really comfortable and not much better that standard mechanic solution.

Back