• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tire Pressure Monitoring

Tonyblaze

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Anyone had any luck with a TPMS for the Eldorado/California? I'm never going to be mature enough to check my pressures before every ride. Wondering if any of the aftermarket systems have any worth?

I've had some sort of aftermarket one since 2010. Now days they are about $40-60 and work very well. Cheaper from Alli (maybe) but I always buy from somebody in the US with a good rating that will stand behind it if it fails. Best peace of mind you can get.

I use the Fobo Bike2 units from Amazon. I settled on those instead of one with a dedicated display for a few reasons. I use my phone already for navigation, music, and such, and I have multiple bikes, one with tube-type wheels. It also will alert you through your BT headset, which has come in handy at least once already. That said, the drawbacks are you have to have the app service running on your phone, and if the app updates or crashes you need to restart it to get monitoring back, which is easy to forget to do. One with a dedicated display that flashes a warning for low pressure might also work just as well. For me, it was getting the alerts, because you can run a tire low before you realize it if you get a puncture out on the road, and riding two-up I want the extra insurance against the tire overheating and coming apart.

Dave

Has anyone ever had problems with aftermarket sensors in place of caps causing leaks? I was hoping to find an aftermarket system that has internal sensors like OEM to install the next time I buy tires.

I purchase a cheap set on Ali, NZ$60.00. No air leaks at all, battery lasts about 18months and easy to replace. Has a display on the handle bars which is easy to read. The sensor has a small locknut on it so its a minor inconvenience if you need to inflate mid route, but of course you all check your pressures before you set off.

I know I have at least 300000 miles on the cheapo units with no air leaks. I never have used the PITA lock nut and the batteries are easy to get at if needed.
When they are inside the tire they are easy to break when changing tires and a real PITA to change batteries on.

Can anyone with an Eldorado let me know which sensors they went with? I ordered the Fobo2's and the found the sensors too big to clear the front brake caliper.

I'm guessing you have a L tire valve and it's rubber. The directions usually say not to use this type as the extra weight stress's the valve and it "could possibly fail."
I use the NAPA 90-426 straight metal on all of my bikes.

I never thought about checking clearance between the OEM metal valve stems (like your photo) on my V85TT and the brake calipers. I need to confirm adequate clearance before purchasing TPMS.

The 19-inch wheel on the V85TT leaves plenty of room for a sensor on the valve stem—no chance of interference with caliper.

Can anyone with an Eldorado let me know which sensors they went with? I ordered the Fobo2's and the found the sensors too big to clear the front brake caliper.
I went with a Steelmate TP-90 kit, bought from Amazon back in 2017, no longer available there, limited availability from other sources. Looks similar to the Fobo 2 sensors. I solved the clearance problem by dismounting the front tire, install the sensor, loosen the nut holding the valve stem, rotate it as far rearward as it will go, then tighten the nut. Sensor still was hitting the caliper a bit. I trimmed the cap on the sensor with a razor knife until it had enough clearance. The trimming went through the cap, exposing the internals to the elements. I used black RTV to seal the cap. Not pretty, not perfect, but it works.

Attachments

• Tire Pressure Sensor #1.jpg
    Tire Pressure Sensor #1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Tire Pressure Sensor #2.jpg
    Tire Pressure Sensor #2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 13
Back