• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Top box and side cases options

Personally I am waiting / hoping for Bumot, Tourtech, Givi, etc, come out with top load panniers, hopefully that tuck in well. I like how nicely the factory plastic, side-load, ones integrate. I just wonder how rigid and secure they will be on bumpy, non-paved roads though. Plus if they are the same as on the Mandello more than one person has had one fall off if not attached exactly correct.

Over a decade ago I rode a CRF450R (prepped for Baja) from Texas to Ushuaia exclusively on gravel roads. On one leg of the trip I encounter a kraut on a beamer who insisted on following me on rough single track. Despite being a good rider, his tough looking panniers finally exploded due to the incessant vibration, knocks and whatnot. His $hit was all over the jungle. From that moment on, I swore never to use hard luggage (at the time, I was riding with a 80L pack strapped to my back and was confident on putting the weight on my instead of on my bike). Anyways, here I am exploring ways to put weight on my bike. These are definitely not meant for our bikes, but for any of you wondering if they would work – the answer is they kind of do.

Something else I confirmed, though I already knew it – jumping this Italian iron is sketchy and to be avoided if possible. I’m actually thinking of fitting an Ohlin’s steering damper for when you really haul a$$ over messed up gravel roads. Oh, the OEM skid plate is useless – it buckled upon first contact with a log.

The weight distribution makes stoppies super awkward. Till next time – oh, sweet news about the big bore kit.

Stelvio

You Sir, are 100% correct.

I had no business taking this bike where I did and even less any expectations that it would be able to.
That said, this bike is amazing. Best motorcycle I have ever owned – bar none.
It also is not meant to drag your knees, and yet I did just that around Lake Travis & ranch road 2222.
Its one of those bikes that allow you to get home Friday night and say to yourself, maybe I’ll head to Flagstaff over the weekend. Then, when you get there you are tempted to explore the north rim and one bad decision leads to another, but much to your surprise this bike handles it and just gives you the feeling that it says “man, what are you doing?”

Any ways, I posted just to inform new owners that it holds its own well outside of the envelope for which it was designed. Testament to a good tour bike.

Can any new owner report on how long it took them to get OEM bags / topcase from Piaggio? While they did place an order when I bought the bike, my dealer has zero information on availability and timeline, and I'm (theoretically) going on a big tour in May. Obviously the aftermarket doesn't exist yet, but I'm hoping that there's some USA inventory that Piaggio can ship to me before then.

I just called the dealer to check on the high seat I've had on order and while I had them asked about panniers. They said they still have no date for the panniers but he just called Piaggio and they are supposed to get back to him. If I hear anything I'll post back.
I'm waiting for someone to bring out top load aluminum panniers.

I just got my side cases this past Saturday, April 6. They were ordered when I bought my bike on Feb. 3. So roughly 8 weeks. Still
no info on when top cases will be available.

Ooof. Ok, well just to double-check: did they come with the tumblers so you can match the locks to your ignition key?

3 lock-sets that match my ignition key came with my bike. They were in a plastic bag in the cubby hole underneath the seat.
The side cases came with locks that were keyed to a generic key. I took out the generic locks and installed the locks matched
to my ignition key. If you did not get 3 matching locks with your bike you need to contact your dealer. They forgot to give
them to you.

Back