• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Dilliw wrote:
This whole episode was my fault; I insisted that we take a "short cut"......

Yea, next time I'm leading. :p

It's amazing how much attention a broken motorcycle attracts. Lots of help from many walks of life and lots of offers to store the bike, if I wanted to, until I could come back to pick it up. Never a dull moment during the four hours I was hanging out at that corner gas station. B)

Wayne, thanks for taking the time to walk me through a couple of things. I wish I could have gotten it going as it was a beautiful day out. My nephew brought my truck and trailer from home and we got the bike back to the house about 5:30PM. I'm going on vacation in a week so that's where the bike will stay until I get back and get the time to either do some more trouble shooting or pack it up and take it to a pro.

Aaronmedick wrote:
Hi all,

It looks like Nick will pick up the flywheel in DC on the 7 and meet either Dan and/or myself in NJ on the 9th. We will then run around the city that night or the next morning. After that we will head north to meet Hal, Waspp, in Albany, NY. He will head home that night, near Bennington, VT.

If there is a Delay in transfer, I will meet Hal the following monday.

Then what?

I will be post here as soon as I pick up from Bill H and we'll coordinate accordingly....
Nick

Nick and I will meet in Maryland somewhere tomorrow for the hand-off.

I have some pix to post of the ride up from Pickens, etc., but can't 'til I get back to Atlanta on Wednesday. [I'm flying back and leaving the Norge in Richmond with mojohand; long story.]

Kathi had no idea she would get to "Björn" the relic for 700 miles! Payback is going to be very expensive. :lol:

Bill

Excellent, Bill & Nick, thanks much! Look forward to words and photos for the blog and here as well(!).

RacerX wrote:
Excellent, Bill & Nick, thanks much! Look forward to words and photos for the blog and here as well(!).

Nick and I are meeting here for lunch and hand-off: http://www.mtwashingtontavern.com/

And, thanks, Todd, for blog reminder. Will do. Will also send $100 to rider's fund. What is tally now? I see several notes about that in logbook, but is that in blog (where, shame on me, I've not visited yet)?

Off ...

Bill

It looks like I'll be picking up the baton on Friday the 10th in Albany NY. Where to next? I can head over into VT or western MA and it would be nice to keep it moving.

Hal

I'm ready in Mass. Not sure if there is a VT rider that wants to take it, or if the general consensus is to get it moving West or not.

If it's gonna come towards Mass first, do you need to hand it off Friday Hal, or is a Saturday hand off acceptable?

Doug

WitchCityBallabio wrote:
I'm ready in Mass. Not sure if there is a VT rider that wants to take it, or if the general consensus is to get it moving West or not.
If it's gonna come towards Mass first, do you need to hand it off Friday Hal, or is a Saturday hand off acceptable?
Doug
I'm meeting Aaron at 1 so Saturday would probably work well...or Sunday afternoon, as long as it gets moving before Tuesday of next week as i'm out of town for 3 days. Weather may also be a factor. Here's what works for me:

Late afternoon Friday
Saturday
Sunday afternoon
Monday afternoon

Hal

BHagan_HO2.jpg

Met Bill H. in Baltimore today. His lovely daughter and his precious granddaughter joined us for a very nice lunch at the Mt. Washington Tavern (Thank You, Bill).

The flywheel is now in Joysee. Will hand-off tomorrow.....to the Northern group (I've emailed some of you).

Cold day today.

Nick

Hey guys, anxiously awaiting updates and photos. Also, you can update the Google Progress Map yourself, using; login name: GuzziRelay09 -- Password: teammember

waspp wrote:
WitchCityBallabio wrote:
Doug
I'm meeting Aaron at 1 so Saturday would probably work well...or Sunday afternoon, as long as it gets moving before Tuesday of next week as i'm out of town for 3 days. Weather may also be a factor. Here's what works for me:

Late afternoon Friday
Saturday
Sunday afternoon
Monday afternoon

Hal

I think we're leaning towards Monday afternoon Hal. The weather is going to really suck on Friday night/Saturday morning with some snowy mix. Still looking for someone to hand it off to in NH, Maine, VT etc.

Do you have a time and place in mind to meet for the handoff?

Doug

Jeezzzzzzzzzzzus, I look like a Cop in that picture. Funny, I have been mistaken for a cop many times. I do have cops in my family. I always thought it was my Irish face, but darn. It looks like I'm handing Nick a Ticket.

Anyway, I had a nice ride thru NYC rush hour traffic to meet Nick in Carteret, NJ. It only took 1.5 hours to drive 32 miles.

After the Hand off, The Flywheel and I took a scenic drive thru Old Maffia NY. The Flywheel Particularly enjoyed being on the Verrazano Bridge where he could see Staten Island, Ellis Island, Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, and Coney Island. Sorry no pictures, Dirt nap not on my agenda:blink:

After that we stopped in Long Island City for some pics.

Well, off to bed. Tomorrow Dan and I are going to take the Fly wheel on a tour of NYC.

Friday, we are heading north to meet Hal in Albany, NY.

Nick wrote:
The flywheel is with Aaron in New York City.
Thanks guys, Bill sent me a few photos too... which I've added to the Picasa album linked above.

Love to have all of you write some words for the blog first chance you have.

Todd

Doug

I can run out RT 2 past North Adams if that helps anyone or I can head down to the MA pike. Monday afternoon works for me, i'm available after 11am to hit the road. I didn't have any place in mind because I wasn't sure who would get the baton next. Saturday is looking like rain so that might not be to good.

Hal

Hal,

I'm chatting with the other folks making the run with me. I'll let you know what their preference is. I would bet Rt. 2, but we'll see.

Good luck today. I'll PM you my cell to help coordinate.

Doug

Well Fine I'll admit it. "My Name is Aaron and I don't know how to blog." I clicked the link. I looked at the words. I'm not saying I read them. But I couldn't figure out how to add anything.

So, I'll hold off but a little taste. the wheel has been to 4 of the 5 boroughs of NYC. It looks like we are going to miss the Bronx. The Flywheel apparently is not a fan of the Yankee. He actually said to me "All that Traffic... and for what?!!??!!?!" Show me where those nice young men, Mike Piazza and John Franco played the Baseball."

Back