• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. spec vs. European taillight and indicators

MilwDave

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Noob question here. I just purchased a 2022 V7 Special Edition. It has a much larger taillight and the non-LED indicators. I had been watching the YouTube reviews and most were the European spec bikes and I was a little taken back by the increased size of the U.S. taillight.
Are they interchangeable and how available are the European spec lights?
First post and I’ll have more questions so be patient with me!

I lost the 2 pound taillight for the old style Guzzi variant...

Attachments

• 7E4FBBA7-5A30-4C5D-9A79-34B029E6DAC2.jpeg
    7E4FBBA7-5A30-4C5D-9A79-34B029E6DAC2.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 4
Not a V7, but I'll bet my V85 experience is similar.
I didn't care for the big signals, but the worst was the spacers they put on the front signals to make them legal in the US. On my V85 it was going to be a bit of work to get the spacers out, so I decided to go with the Euro signals as I liked the look way more. The signals have a very small connector, so buying the Euro signals made things easy as they were just plug/play.

Always try the STORE tab above. Per the paragraphs at the top of page, really appreciate it everyone does not post where else you purchase items that I sell here.

the European spec bikes and I was a little taken back by the increased size of the U.S. taillight.
Are they interchangeable and how available are the European spec lights?
Yes they sure are, see above. The brake light normally has a LONG lead time. Just FYI. The turns are readily available.

Yes they sure are, see above. The brake light normally has a LONG lead time. Just FYI. The turns are readily available.
Are the LEDs plug-n-play for the 2022?
I understand the newer bikes are Canbus.

Are the LEDs plug-n-play for the 2022?
I understand the newer bikes are Canbus.
They are, else I wouldn’t sell them as such. The turns are driven by the speedo assy. Plug and play as stated.

I just realized that I needed to order the front turn signals separate from the rear set.
Am I correct that the pair listed will also fit the front?

Thanks for the quick replies to all my noob questions!
You are not a Noob, you're a Newbie. We like Newbies, but not Noobs.

A newbie is a person who is inexperienced in a particular realm, someone who is new to a situation or organization. The term newbie is believed to have been derived from the word newie that was popular in the 1850s in the United States and in Australia. The term newbie first became popular during the Vietnam era to describe a new member of a military group. The word became more widespread during the 1980s when it came to be used to mean someone who was new to playing a video game or to learning computing. The expression newbie is simply an expression of one’s elack of experience, and carries no negative connotation. The plural form is newbies.

The word noob or n00b came into popular use at the turn of the twenty-first century, but was coined on internet bulletin boards in the 1980s. Noob or n00b also means a person who is inexperienced or is new to a situation or organization, but the derogatory term entered the lexicon to describe someone who was unwilling to learn or who didn’t listen to other, more experienced gamers or computer users and programmers. A noob or n00b is considered obnoxious or hopeless. The words noob and n00b carry negative connotations, and may be considered insults. N00b is an example of Leet or leetspeak, an internet language or internet slang composed of letters, numbers and symbols from the American Standard Code for Information Interchange to compose words and phrases that confound text filters. The word leet was derived from the word elite, alluding to the elite status proficient computer users attained. The terms noob and n00b have been nominated to be considered the word of the year by various organizations. The plural form is noobs or n00bs.

A newbie is a person who is inexperienced in a particular realm, someone who is new to a situation or organization. The term newbie is believed to have been derived from the word newie that was popular in the 1850s in the United States and in Australia. The term newbie first became popular during the Vietnam era to describe a new member of a military group. The word became more widespread during the 1980s when it came to be used to mean someone who was new to playing a video game or to learning computing. The expression newbie is simply an expression of one’s elack of experience, and carries no negative connotation. The plural form is newbies.

The word noob or n00b came into popular use at the turn of the twenty-first century, but was coined on internet bulletin boards in the 1980s. Noob or n00b also means a person who is inexperienced or is new to a situation or organization, but the derogatory term entered the lexicon to describe someone who was unwilling to learn or who didn’t listen to other, more experienced gamers or computer users and programmers. A noob or n00b is considered obnoxious or hopeless. The words noob and n00b carry negative connotations, and may be considered insults. N00b is an example of Leet or leetspeak, an internet language or internet slang composed of letters, numbers and symbols from the American Standard Code for Information Interchange to compose words and phrases that confound text filters. The word leet was derived from the word elite, alluding to the elite status proficient computer users attained. The terms noob and n00b have been nominated to be considered the word of the year by various organizations. The plural form is noobs or n00bs.
Thanks, I accept the promotion.
Actually I’ve spent quite a bit of time on numerous forums. I’ve always found them to be an invaluable source of information and try to pay it forward as I gain knowledge.
This is my first Guzzi but it joins a full garage with our 2016 Indian Roadmaster, 2019 Indian Chieftain, 2019 Indian FTR 1200S and 2021 BMW R18.
We have grandkids that are learning to ride. My 18 year old learned to ride and ride well on the FTR but that bike may be too much for the younger grandkids. That’s what moved me in the direction of the Guzzi. My wife will also be riding it.
We are looking forward to riding weather returning to frigid Wisconsin.

IMG 3337

So my V7 Special Edition arrived with the Euro LED signals already installed. Now Todd only needs to round up the Euro taillight for me.

It looks like only the V7 850 Special Edition (NFTA) comes with LED turn signals.
According to your picture, the LED turn signals look different from the ones for V7 III (non-NFTA).
I then checked the parts list and found,

V7 III OEM LED signals have part number 2D000438 and 2D000439 (my opinion is that these are not really bright and that was probably the reason why the NFTA version of the V7 III came with bulb type signals.

V7 850 Special Edition LED signals have part number 2D000714, 2D000715, 2D000766, 2D000767. These could be brighter (more LEDs?) than the previous V7 III 2D000438 and 439, so that they can meet the DOT requirements.

I had know idea. now I know!

Back