• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Uh Oh Norge service light

When being on holiday in Germany with my Norge 1200 (end '06), the oil warning light came on. Checked the oil level, but was ok. I took no chances (18jrs of motorbiking and never had an oillamp coming on!) and went home on the back of my friend Yamaha Xj6-N. The next week I collected the bike by car.
At home I took it apart and found out the gear driving the oilpump had come loose. Nut was still on, but there was room enough for the gear to run free. The key was in pieces and the axle of the pump was damaged together with the gear.
I have ordered a new pump, new gear and key, new chain end al other stuff to put it together again. Have also checked my big-ends for damage, but these are fortunately in very good condition.

Bike has done just over 10.000mls! I think Tony forgot to tighten the nut properly. :angry:

Lesson learned: never think it's only the sensor. If I had done that this would have become much more expensive (now "just" €500).

kotomoto said:
When being on holiday in Germany with my Norge 1200 (end '06), the oil warning light came on. Checked the oil level, but was ok. I took no chances (18jrs of motorbiking and never had an oillamp coming on!) and went home on the back of my friend Yamaha Xj6-N. The next week I collected the bike by car.
At home I took it apart and found out the gear driving the oilpump had come loose. Nut was still on, but there was room enough for the gear to run free. The key was in pieces and the axle of the pump was damaged together with the gear.
I have ordered a new pump, new gear and key, new chain end al other stuff to put it together again. Have also checked my big-ends for damage, but these are fortunately in very good condition.

Bike has done just over 10.000mls! I think Tony forgot to tighten the nut properly. :angry:

Lesson learned: never think it's only the sensor. If I had done that this would have become much more expensive (now "just" €500).

Is this an early model year 07 with a build date between late 06 or Feb 07 ?

You absolutely did the right thing !

draidt said:
Is this an early model year 07 with a build date between late 06 or Feb 07 ?

You absolutely did the right thing !

Yes, an early model late '06. I understand reading the different topics the early models did have some problems. I hope I have had them by now :roll:

Allthough I was very dissapointed and not happy at all, I am releaved I did not take a chance. Reading about the oil pressure sensor problems it's very tempting to assume it's only that...

Well having had the oil light come on a couple of times after starting, I pulled the pump out. The outer rotor was in four pieces.
For the record, it's a silver Norge, and had a build date of 12th June 06. VIN ****1409.

Just to add to this, Corsa Italiana here in the UK have not seen one of these in a Norge, but they have in an earlier Griso, one of the first with this type of pump.

Has anyone ever compared the old (broken) pump with the replacement?
I was expecting to see a beefed up outer rotor, but no.
The only difference I can detect is that on the old pump the inner rotor is quite loose on the shaft such that there is quite a bit of rotational play between the two. The new one is tight as I would expect.
Would this cause the outer rotor to break up?

I just got back from a 800 km trip on my red '07 Breva 1100 and have noticed on 3 occasions when I go to start up the engine I get the Service triangle, then if I turn the key off and on again it's gone. I scrolled through the service menu and I get M07 and M08 oil sensor and oil pressure issue. oil level is up no issues there. The build date is 03-2007 I've never gotten the oil can symbol and it's only happened after idleing in stop and go hot traffic @ 26 degrees celsius. I have warranty until Oct 2011, my closest dealer is a 3 hour ride away. Should I worry about this and make the effort to get it in or is it probably just a faulty sending unit and should I just do it myself? The cost of the sensor is probably less than I'd spend on the ferry and other costs associated with going to the dealer.

Back