• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 deceptive beauty

heyzeus

Tuned and Synch'ed
So like many here it was love at first sight! Guzzi announced their new lust on wheels. I ordered one! I waiting patiently, sort of, and watched the months drag on. Then I got the call. She is here!

First ride was a freeway run to some twists on my way home. The seat feels like it holds you in. Yet you have room to move a bit. The bike feels solid. Very substantial, more so then many bikes I have owned or ridden! You feel like you are sitting in the bike & like you are on top of the bike. First bike I have ridden with both attributes. Usually it’s one or the other.

The freeway the bike performed well. Acceptable amount of wind with the screen up. I might try the bigger screen but I don’t think it is necessary. You have a commanding view of the road in front of you. I was in tour mode on the highway. Touring mode gives a softer throttle response then road or sport. The suspension seemed a bit more comfortable as well. The temperature outside was in the low 40’s. So when the winglets came out it was noticeable. They put you in a little bubble in the cockpit. Cruse control was fairly easy to use and works well. The bike does well on the boring freeway.

The fun part! Once on the back roads the bike transforms. This long wheel base tight rake loves the corners. The bike feels so planted I was surprised when she became athletic in the turns. Very athletic! Handles very well on the back roads of San Diego. Planted and sure footed. I even hit some dirty spots on the road. She slid and stuck with little alarm. This is a well designed machine.

I do have some bits on order. Found a tank bag that locks on the filler. Ordered the top box and rack so the wife has a back rest. The USB chingas is also on its way. Eventually I will get the side bags and the windscreen.

Love this new V100! Guzzi has done well with this one. The motor has some go. The suspension is fantastic. The brakes are great. She looks very nice and also she is very comfortable. Yes this is a honeymoon report but I think as I learn the bike I will only love her more!

Attachments

• 9CCC48E1-5BF8-4013-936D-DFD8E35EB16F.jpeg
    9CCC48E1-5BF8-4013-936D-DFD8E35EB16F.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 995CA1F0-15AE-4F3A-AB80-1C20022636CD.jpeg
    995CA1F0-15AE-4F3A-AB80-1C20022636CD.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 24
Nice! Congrats👍. I traded my ‘15 Norge yesterday on an “S” just like yours (Verde). I have found it interesting watching first ride videos… the majority are taken aback by this bike… quality, power, handling (including low speed), etc. I am thinking I might miss my Norge if on a long trip or in the rain. But, some have said the Mandello actually does provide good protection. Views seem split about the real world functionality of the aero wings - mostly “feeling” less wind at waist level. All these things really ramp up the “can’t wait to get it, and see for myself” factor! Good luck - safe riding👍😁.

Nice first ride report. I went to GP Motorcycle a couple days ago and drooled all over one. I don’t know I will buy one since it’s going to ne close to 20 grand by the time you pay tax and title plus fees.

I went to the dealership yesterday and was able to at least sit on one. It seems (from pics and reviews) only/mostly the verde S models are delivering in the US...I ordered the bianco. The dealer said "soon". But just sitting on one brought a huge smile! It looks, fits and feels perfect for me!! Cant wait.

I’ll head down to GP after this next storm blows through. It might cause me to sell my K1600. I just bought a Corvette last year so it might be a little difficult to sneak this one past the wife.

Went for a hundred mile ride today. Mostly twisties! The bike is nice in the tight stuff. The throttle spring is stiff. I have a bad wrist. It not too stiff but I did feel it. I will have to do wrist strengthening exercises. I also have a bad pelvis and the seat did not irritate it! The bike continues to please!

For you guys that have your new V100… I’m just curious about a couple things:

- How accessible is the radiator fill cap?
- What’s under the main seat - any room for anything? I’ve seen vids of the pillion seat open, but not the main seat.
- I’m likely going to add the cockpit USB port, but, is there a “place” for it (ie, a mounting spot near the TFT/dash)?

Thx in advance😁

I dug into one in the showroom a little yesterday, and I can answer the second question for you. No space. The seat hugs the battery cover directly below the rider seat, which easily lifts off once the passenger seat is off.

Reactions: BDS
For you guys that have your new V100… I’m just curious about a couple things:

- How accessible is the radiator fill cap?
- What’s under the main seat - any room for anything? I’ve seen vids of the pillion seat open, but not the main seat.
- I’m likely going to add the cockpit USB port, but, is there a “place” for it (ie, a mounting spot near the TFT/dash)?

Thx in advance😁
Cockpit USB port is plug and play, there is a specific installation set with USB socket and on V100 there is a connector placed under the dashboard near the covered slot. Installation is 5 min work, difficulty 1 out of 5 :-D

Thx guys! I’m compiling a list of accessories. Just added the cockpit USB😁👍. Good way to power the phone (I just didn’t know if there is place on the dash to locate the plug). This whole process is both exciting and stressful!

D8B6DE67 A2E2 4128 88FA EF6E62330581
Here is the seat under both rider and passenger. The USB chingas is easy to install and instructions were provided. I will look for the radiator cap.

Reactions: BDS
Is there room anywhere there for a small fuse block? I want to install a few accessories which I like to run through a fuse block.

Back