• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello S - Home Sweet Home

First, brief 5 minute ride during a fortuitous 10 minute break in the crap clouds and wind.

What a lovely machine. Well done Moto Guzzi!

I think you really would have to look really hard to find a real problem with this motorcycle.

Time will tell, but on a scale of 1 to 10 satisfaction, my initial feeling is a 12. 😄

Oh, and the weather turned to crap again, the winds are whipping, and it’s raining!

Grazie Dio! Grazie mille.

First, brief 5 minute ride during a fortuitous 10 minute break in the crap clouds and wind.

What a lovely machine. Well done Moto Guzzi!

I think you really would have to look really hard to find a real problem with this motorcycle.

Time will tell, but on a scale of 1 to 10 satisfaction, my initial feeling is a 12. 😄

Oh, and the weather turned to crap again, the winds are whipping, and it’s raining!

Grazie Dio! Grazie mille.
Congrats,

I had V100 S this season, did 10500 km on it and no technical problem at all.

It rides well, handles well, but it don't give me the feelings I had on my V85 TT which I had before. So my V100 is now for sale and for next season I will buy either new Stelvio or modernised V85 TT with variable valve timing. I mostly travel on my bike and for this purpose is V100 S little uncomfortable, a little bit small, has a little low wind protection. It is without a doubt an excellent bike, but it did not met my expectations as it is much more sports than tourer :)

I live a charmed life, I’m telling you. 😆

I got my 10 minute window of a break in the clouds and got to ride my new lovely V100 S and then, moments after tucking her safely in the workshop with her stablemates, just like that, the sky went completely ugly again!

Grazie Dio!

IMG 3307

Last edited:
Oh brother, ya have hoarding issues... I wish I had your "problem".... :D

No carbon on it, but I'll fix that;)

Yes, guilty as charged. Some men collect women, others collect watches or cigars, some collect cars others airplanes or boats, while some others just collect empty booze bottles, and a whole lot of men collect “could of - should of - and would of’s”, but not me brother! Not on your life…

I COLLECT MOTORCYCLES!

Super cool, totally bitching, brings a smile to my face like it was 1989 and “I just finished having sex with a young Pamela Anderson”, type feeling 😜…. Every single time I ride one.

Motorcycles.

IMG 3313

Last edited:
… and Piaggio Scooters! 😆😆😆 Especially the awesome MP3.

DON’T LAUGH!

This is my 3rd. Still have my 1st one, gave my 2nd one to my oldest son, and now I’m upgrading!

(I will be selling my 1st one in mint condition 😆)

Bought this last week too. 2023 Piaggio MP3 530 HPE.

235 original miles.

48 cents on the dollar from brand new 4 months ago. Seller paid over $16,000 for it.

Look carefully at the dash and front. See that TFT screen? There is a rear facing scanning radar in the fairing to alert to vehicles approaching quickly.

Both of those technologies just appeared on the V100 Mandello and the new Stelvio! They mounter the radar in the front of the Stelvio!

Guess scooters aren’t for nerds after all, eh? 😎

IMG 3251 IMG 3250 IMG 3248 IMG 3249 IMG 3246 IMG 3243

Last edited:
Reactions: BDS
Congrats,

I had V100 S this season, did 10500 km on it and no technical problem at all.

It rides well, handles well, but it don't give me the feelings I had on my V85 TT which I had before. So my V100 is now for sale and for next season I will buy either new Stelvio or modernised V85 TT with variable valve timing. I mostly travel on my bike and for this purpose is V100 S little uncomfortable, a little bit small, has a little low wind protection. It is without a doubt an excellent bike, but it did not met my expectations as it is much more sports than tourer :)
I agree, it's more sports than tourer and my 25 year old BMW has better wind protection, but I really love how the V100 feels. I haven't had a Moto Guzzi before and NOW I'm curious about them. I now have enough windshield for a quieter helmet. I'll figure out how to deal with the cold as I normally ride year round. (Road conditions permitting.) Also at my age, this is probably my last motorcycle.

In my brief initial 5 minute ride, I thought to myself, “Wow! That’s the smallest windshield ever!”

I am not a windshield obsessive guy but given the exceptional electric adjustability of the height, it has peeked my curiosity as to what other options are available out there.

I will be looking rather intently in the very near future.

In my brief initial 5 minute ride, I thought to myself, “Wow! That’s the smallest windshield ever!”

I am not a windshield obsessive guy but given the exceptional electric adjustability of the height, it has peeked my curiosity as to what other options are available out there.

I will be looking rather intently in the very near future.
CalSci makes several different sizes. I've had the second largest one on my Norge since I got it. I highly recommend them.

Perfect Todd! Thank you very much. 👍🙏😀

I just put them on my wishlist so the moment I can order them as it won't let me do it now, let me know and I will buy them both.

Thanks again!

Givi USA will have the screen and handguards in stock in February!?

I’m in for one of these (windscreen) as well. I have the Guzzi touring screen… it’s better than stock, but, not great for wind protection. At 61.5x43cm, this GIVI screen is several inches taller (and, wider) than my Guzzi touring screen - with the add-on X-Screen top extender in place. This is appealing for not only the improved wind protection, but also because I can have a taller screen at a lower adjusted screen height. This will result in a more stable (ie, less “wiggly”) screen. I’ve mentioned before that my windscreen (the mechanism itself) seems wobbly (more so on the left side). It’s especially noticeable at raised heights - the dealer says the whole assembly is more solid in lower positions. So, I’m in👍😁.

So, I rode her today, in the sunny and 48 degree weather to the BMV to get the inspection for titling. I drove to the one in Findlay which is 35 miles away. Then I rode home at dusk at 37 degrees for 35 miles.

Impressions:

1. This is an excellent, well-crafted, world-class motorcycle. It is on par, “quality, fit and finish” with the best motorcycle BMW ever built in my opinion, my K1600GT.

2. I put it through the various riding modes along the way and I am impressed. The SPORT mode is amazingly powerful and fast. The ROAD and TOUR modes are dialed in perfect in my estimation, and RAIN is awesome. Fuel delivery is pretty darn good for being set to E5 standards of being so lean.

(I have these riding modes on my Eldorado 1400 as well. Everything about the running on my 1400 was just wonderful to me but I can say honestly that I cannot wait to see the improvement from the PowerCommander and Autotune 300 I bought from GTM today for my Eldorado.)

3. Handling was unbelievable. Crisp, precise, and the Ohlins Suspension, flat out works awesome. I am over 300# too and I ride very fast and lean a great deal. I could not upset the suspension geometry. It was excellent.

4. The OEM heated seat I bought rivals my BMW. I plugged it in to the connector under the seat and it showed up on the TFT display next to the heated grips. It has 3 settings and it gets hot on 3! The heated grips, are a 4/5 for me. If you keep your hands on the grips, at 37 degrees and 80mph, they get nicely heated. Not as fire hot as my BMW or my Eldorado 1400 for that matter which is a 5/5 on par with any BMW, but the V100 is good. The hand-guards from GIVI will augment the heat retention.

5. The air deflectors really work. Believe me, when riding at 37 degrees, and you switch from SPORT to TOUR and they open fully, you know it right now. You can easily feel the difference.

Suffice it to say that I love her. She’s a masterpiece in my eye and a huge leap forward for Moto Guzzi.

I’m so looking forward to getting her outfitted and ready for the riding season.

This will be my “Mutton Run to Kentucky”motorcycle, at least once next year.

I haven’t stopped smiling and I got home hours ago.

This motorcycle excites me and I like that feeling!

Last edited:
Back