• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 saddlebags note and warning!

I just put the factory bags on and I can see that you might be able to put the third point brackets on the wrong side, they bend in when looking top down. I didn't do it but it could be possible. The bags slide in firmly but it seems that the passenger seat "spikes" hold the front mounts firmly as well. I like that the mounts are almost invisible with the bags off. I noted that the bag mounting assembly is held in place by nine small screws (the front lower bracket by four of the same) so that explains the limited weight capacity. I don't think these are really designed to take on and off frequently, I'm going to leave them on, I have some liner bags from a previous BMW. Having another key is also a bit of a pain but I've been spoiled by the bags on my K1600GT. All in all, they look good, fit well and should be just fine (I'll let you know if they fall off today!). Also put on the medium screen, the bottom engine case protector (doesn't come up as high as I thought it would) and the center stand. It is much easier to put the stand on with some help.View attachment 30858
My bags were already keyed to the two ignition keys, the dealer tech must have re-pinned them. I received in a plastic bag from the techr six extra cylinders and two additional ignition keys and was told if I get the top box that they are for changing all out so they can match. You can change the bag locks yourself, they are a disc type cylinder, there is a youtube video (look for: unificazione serrature valigie urban moto guzzi v85tt) its in Italian I think but it can be followed if you want one key for everything. Just be aware there are tiny coil springs loading the discs when you take the cylinder out.

My bags were already keyed to the two ignition keys, the dealer tech must have re-pinned them. I received in a plastic bag from the techr six extra cylinders and two additional ignition keys and was told if I get the top box that they are for changing all out so they can match. You can change the bag locks yourself, they are a disc type cylinder, there is a youtube video (look for: unificazione serrature valigie urban moto guzzi v85tt) its in Italian I think but it can be followed if you want one key for everything. Just be aware there are tiny coil springs loading the discs when you take the cylinder out.

Thank you for posting this about the V85TT video, having two keys for that bike is highly annoying.

I just put the factory bags on and I can see that you might be able to put the third point brackets on the wrong side, they bend in when looking top down. I didn't do it but it could be possible. The bags slide in firmly but it seems that the passenger seat "spikes" hold the front mounts firmly as well. I like that the mounts are almost invisible with the bags off. I noted that the bag mounting assembly is held in place by nine small screws (the front lower bracket by four of the same) so that explains the limited weight capacity. I don't think these are really designed to take on and off frequently, I'm going to leave them on, I have some liner bags from a previous BMW. Having another key is also a bit of a pain but I've been spoiled by the bags on my K1600GT. All in all, they look good, fit well and should be just fine (I'll let you know if they fall off today!). Also put on the medium screen, the bottom engine case protector (doesn't come up as high as I thought it would) and the center stand. It is much easier to put the stand on with some help.View attachment 30858
Looks good! I have the same screen in light smoke tint, I like it. Wanting the center stand and waiting for another open house at my dealer when discounted. What was most difficult with the center stand installation?

It was just tricky holding it in place and getting the fasteners in both sides by myself. With another person it's a ten minute job.

Is that an OEM screen?

I'm looking to perform this mod over the weekend but it's unclear where you put the masking tape - I'm guessing on the bags themself? If so, do you need a right angled sharpie?

Wrap the tape around the front of the outer tab on the sidecase that engages the bracket with the square hole in it (hole visible once the rubber block is removed...) Also, if you look at the photo of the hole in the bag tab, you'll see clearly what part of the tab needs to be covered. Make certain the bag is seated fully forward before marking.

You don't need a right angled sharpie, there's room to wiggle it in from the opposite side being marked.

I’ve got a right hand side bag if anyone is in need of one (I didn’t lose one of my bags, but I did damage one necessitating buying a second set…)

Before I'd ever heard that anyone lost a bag I certainly struggled to get them on and all the way locked in. After making sure they were all the way home I put a paint pen mark that spanned the bag tab and the mount so it is clear that I'm all the way in each time I install them.
IMG 5804
After reading this thread I added a zip tie for my first long ride just in case.

IMG 5803

Last edited:
Hey John....thanks for posting your elegant additional security solution for the saddlebags, which I implemented (with ease) on the bags I received and mounted yesterday.

I had been following the other thread on the disconnecting bags; having looked at my set I'm inclined to believe that if properly mounted they would stay mounted. That said, it seems to me the lower/rear pin only hooks on the mount by 5-6mm, so can understand how a slight misalignment might be an issue as suggested by one of the folks who actually lost a bag. I'm not immune from an occasional faux pax and could see myself making that same mistake, especially if trying to fit a loaded bag on a crappy day. So again, thanks for taking time to figure out and post your solution.

JohnPA bag security

The bags look sweet on the Navale...before purchase I'd thought about wrapping them to better match the matte grey paint, but think I will leave them be for now.

Navale bags

Cheers. T2

Reactions: BDS
I you have inner bags there is less need to hook of the panniers.
Equals zero risk for misalignment 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 22
I you have inner bags there is less need to hook of the panniers.
Equals zero risk for misalignment 🙂
I think I get what you’re saying… I also have pannier liners. And, with the liners, one never needs to remove the panniers (aside from servicing, etc😉) - just carry the liners. I’ve not removed my panniers since they were installed, so yes, you’re right🙌. Heading out for a two day ride this morning in fact!

That said, I can see the value of adding the safety pins👍😁. Might be a winter project for me.

I think I get what you’re saying… I also have pannier liners. And, with the liners, one never needs to remove the panniers (aside from servicing, etc😉) - just carry the liners. I’ve not removed my panniers since they were installed, so yes, you’re right🙌. Heading out for a two day ride this morning in fact!

That said, I can see the value of adding the safety pins👍😁. Might be a winter project for me.
You must have very short winters there… 30 minute job…?! 😂

Anyone else have an issue with the muffler side bag mounting plate hitting the top of the muffler? I'm installing the plates and I've tried to lower the muffler but the isolation muffler mount won't allow me to lower the muffler a bit for clearance. Any suggestions?

Back