• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 throttle question

I took my new V100 for my first extended ride yesterday and was experiencing engine hunting/jerking while holding the throttle stable (not under load or engine breaking). I was most pronounced/irritating in the 30-40mph range, no matter what gear or mode I was in. I could detect only a trace at freeway speed since I was otherwise sensitive to it. In neutral (stopped) I can twist the throttle a few degrees (sprung, there is no freeplay) without increasing revs. I have no experience with throttle by wire and havent had a sport bike in a while so not sure if it is normal or ?
Also, while engine braking a couple times it back fired which is something I wasnt expecting from a new stock bike.
Id be checking for an OBD code for a Lamda probe issue. A "slight" pop on deceleration with a closed throttle around the 1800-2000 rpm mark is typical of a lot of EFI engines. It occurs because the EFI shuts fuel off completely on decell above the above mentioned rpm and the pop occurs as it reinstates the fuel again in preparation for low rpm running and idle.
I've mentioned a few times on other forums you have to accept "issues" with a completely new model. Doesn't matter if it's a car or bike if it's a new design or platform the "first adopters" will be the ones that finish off the factory R&D and be the Guinee pigs for fine tuning the factory production line. You can pretty much bank your house on this. Don't be fooled by the new "modern production techniques and technology bullshit". Even aviation which has been my carreer for 42 years is the same, new design equals much developement on technical issues.

Phil

@john zibell - we probably touched on this over the years, highest you’ll ever see at the pump here in CA is 91, unless you're fortunate to find 100 unleaded (which hovers ~$10/gal). For more, start at 2:40…

And I believe the whole MTBE thing has been proven totally inaccurate like everything else that comes from the “experts.”

Update. Dealer fixed issue. I wish I paid more attention to exactly what they did (no paperwork), but there were 2 things: Software and something at the throttle body. Have put on another 100 miles and constant throttle is good. Only a couple times there were jerks after deacceleration, but I think normal for most bikes. The Guzzi amplifies all input - a good thing. Funny how I became so obsessed/sensitive to it that I started feeling things I never felt before riding my smooth as silk Honda.

Thanks for following up with that resolution. Mine pops and gurgles a LOT when I'm engine braking in Sport mode. The other engine settings don't seem to do it nearly as much... to be honest I kinda like how mean it sounds with the stock exhaust, but it will need to be fixed before cat-less headers go on.

Mine pops in all modes on engine braking .,long hill it’s fun , sound like an old Vincent with an exhaust air leak.
🤔 now that you mention it, the bike has an exhaust air valve for emissions. My Kawi has one and it pops like this a bit too. Probably the type of thing that can be turned off along with a proper tune.

Update. Dealer fixed issue. I wish I paid more attention to exactly what they did (no paperwork), but there were 2 things: Software and something at the throttle body. Have put on another 100 miles and constant throttle is good. Only a couple times there were jerks after deacceleration, but I think normal for most bikes. The Guzzi amplifies all input - a good thing. Funny how I became so obsessed/sensitive to it that I started feeling things I never felt before riding my smooth as silk Honda.
Well, for 1 month and 1100 miles the bike was riding so well with no jerks, getting smoother overall and really loosening up nicely. Then late last week the jerk returned. Argh. I took it for a couple rides after (30 miles and 70 miles) and it was totally fine again , so I was thinking it must have been a fart or something. BUT, it came back last 2 days. Back to the dealer next week. Hope to get it cleared up by the time the side cases arrive so I can get out for a small trip, sooner rather than later.

• Sad
Reactions: BDS
Then late last week the jerk returned. Argh. I took it for a couple rides after (30 miles and 70 miles) and it was totally fine again
Telltale sign for the cam sensor on the V7s. If they need one, I have one. They will likely make you wait if warranty.

Back