• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

Do any of you have the factory center stand? If so does it drag while cornering.

I drag the foot peg feelers on occasion, and was concerned about adding a center stand.

Do any of you have the factory center stand? If so does it drag while cornering.

I drag the foot peg feelers on occasion, and was concerned about adding a center stand.
No experience with this stand yet as it is still on order for me. I am also interested in this question. Did you have yours installed or DIY?

I’m working on the Speedo Drop Kit for the Stone single gauge and Special dual gauges, as well as a Fender Eliminator Kit (FEK) shown below. I will likely start a new thread on both for feedback and pre-orders. Just an FYI here for now.

CDE157DF 0A69 432A B77D 78F88E1E5620

I’m working on the Speedo Drop Kit for the Stone single gauge and Special dual gauges, as well as a Fender Eliminator Kit (FEK) shown below. I will likely start a new thread on both for feedback and pre-orders. Just an FYI here for now.

View attachment 24378
Please fab an eliminator kit!!! I will buy asap. Also looking to get rid of the stock mirrors and switch to bar end. Any recommendations? Also how do I get rid of the female end that clamps the clutch and brake handle that threads to the mirror?

I have the factory center stand but modified the kick lever to be closer into the pipe. It might suit the stock pipes but with the Mistrals it stuck way out, so I cut out about 1" or so to move it in and welded it.

Attachments

• 20210917_160716-1.jpg
    20210917_160716-1.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210917_173146-1.jpg
    20210917_173146-1.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210917_173201-1.jpg
    20210917_173201-1.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 15
Please fab an eliminator kit!!! I will buy asap. Also looking to get rid of the stock mirrors and switch to bar end. Any recommendations? Also how do I get rid of the female end that clamps the clutch and brake handle that threads to the mirror?
We will do a small production tomorrow and post a link for purchase. We have many mirror options on the STORE link above with adapters, you just have to look, as well as a Brembo "no mirror clamp" there as well that gets rid of the threaded mirror portion. Search, and spend a little time reading. You will find many things here and on the online STORE link above. Thanks for posting.

We will do a small production tomorrow and post a link for purchase.
Awesome!!!!
I have an aluminum tire hugger fender getting fabricated. But will need that kit so I can mount the turn signals and tail light under the seat.
Thinking the license plate might get mounted onto the new fender. Will see how thing looks once the fender is installed

I now have one of them rare "Touring Café Racer"....
Looks better then expected. But I plan on being proficient at removing and installing the rack.
Took 15 min to install. I should be able to bring that time down to 10 min. Travel cases are a need, not a want.

Next, getting raid of the stock rear fender, install LED brake light strip.
installing a custom made tire hugger fender 1/2" above the tire, new rear set.

Attachments

• IMG_20220304_220044_edit_632413694244125.jpg
    IMG_20220304_220044_edit_632413694244125.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220304_220033_edit_632567933468059.jpg
    IMG_20220304_220033_edit_632567933468059.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 27
I wanted to ask if anybody knows if the V7III tail light assembly will retrofit to the V7 850?

I like that one a whole lot better than the huge disco light on the V7 850.

Can anyone confirm if Rizoma universal hand grips GR205 will fit new 21 V7 850?

Attachments

• 83CA3BA7-B223-4923-92BC-3048F70F2739.jpeg
    83CA3BA7-B223-4923-92BC-3048F70F2739.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 7
I’ll be putting my single (once confirmed soon) and dual guage drop brackets on the STORE soon. Dual only pictured below, which is black powder-coated (not shown).

F218E6F8 3050 4974 843A 6BF2A2D6B05A 47FC7F57 C450 47A6 9F95 B58D112A0AC8

With the correct fork springs and revised damping, I highly recommend 10~20mm drop on stock forks; It does wonders to the handling from parking lot maneuvers up to triple digit speed track days with ZERO issues. Even better if you run the Conti radials, and I'm anxious to try the Dunlop Mutants posted on another thread.
Posting of factual nature, not just opinion, and my resume for whomever cares to read it; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/roperville-ah-todd-bio.20231/

For some reason, I'm not crazy about the long and pointy bar end weights on the v7 850. Anyone know of aftermarket ones that will fit? Been searching but haven't found anything...except wondering if these for Aprilla/Moto Guzzi will work.. I'm NOT wanting to use bar end mirrors.

OEM Aprilia Bar End Weight -AP8104509​

For some reason, I'm not crazy about the long and pointy bar end weights on the v7 850. Anyone know of aftermarket ones that will fit? Been searching but haven't found anything...except wondering if these for Aprilla/Moto Guzzi will work.. I'm NOT wanting to use bar end mirrors.
The weighted bar ends serve a purpose for stock muffled/fueled bikes; Vibration dampers. Since you aren't concerned with cutting things up on your bike, once you flush the bar end plugs out with the end of the bars, anything will work, i.e.; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/rizoma-flush-bar-ends - without the bar plug insets, they'll bolt on.

What exactly are you looking for?
Per my prior post, plan is to get one of these in house to start R&D. If someone can state that the V7 III mufflers fit and work, you can use the V7 III sorting tool on our STORE link above, and here; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/all-products/model_v7-iii?sort_by=title-ascending -- for sure I know the rear shocks will not work. I just confirmed the forks are the same, so the fork kit listings there will work.
Fueling fixes will only be once I have one in house on the dyno.
thanks for posting the link! As a newcomer to MG, but longtime rider, I'm building my list of vendor resources for my 2021. It's just getting nice now in central PA, and I am ready to put some miles on this beauty!

Does anyone have access to the part numbers for the Euro spec Moto Guzzi OE LED turn signals that did not make it to the USA model? I have only been able to find a parts catalog for the USA models and am interested in switching specifically to those LED turn signals.

Back