• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

Current state of play. Back to the LSF fly screen, with a Wunderlich spoiler on top! Works a treat. Monza cap back on following advise from - can't remember who. Additional spacer fitted. Oh and the the MG "single seat". The tape is for when I have the rear rack on to stop rubbing on the seat.

nFkTihN.jpg

V-7 850 Special, I have fitted the factory screen. I note the brackets that hold the headlight and attach around the upper fork legs, can have the bolts loosened and the headlight and screen can then be adjusted for height either upwards or downwards. This seems to offer an easy way to adjust the screen height by up to 50mm.
Is there any reason you cant simply make this adjustment? before I go off and ride mine adjusted..

I don’t think it’s gonna not going to work because the speedo stays static and you move up and towards the back ... hitting speedo

I moved it up enough so it was about 10mm below bottom of speedo and rev counter and have done a decent ride, I dont think the wind noise changed and if anything it was maybe worse, so have gone back to the original position height

I removed the passenger handle rail on my special 2021 V7, but didn't like the common washer look so I fabricated 2 sets of these washers in Stainless steel since they were not easy to find cheap or ASAP. I can share the other pair if someone is interested in grabbing it, send me a message I'm in LA area (Downey). No sales its just a gift so invite me a beer! No shipping neither, needs to be local, LOL. Washer guzzi 2

Dart screen and OEM rack with a little Nelson Rigg ADV bag on it for my shield cleaner and compressor/patch kit. 2023 SE seems to fuel perfectly and the Arrow exhausts sound OK. Put a little Beeline Moto on the handlebar clamp. I have other bikes for throwing around and touring so probably not much more to do to it. I like the factory bar end mirrors enough that I bought some Puig ones that are similar for my SV650. Yeah, the OEM rack costs too much but I think it looks better than either of the alternatives.

AJFCJaXwVSEWSFZAu3pKtERKbSqPvhLVgZb8ghdfSgVzDMg95UtwGx5OFzD5zhh2hZD2AnelS0ADyHy-gOHqxcXNQwxc-PsRi_RkaoNzqKGSSQzlE2L-r7Cq=w800

I removed the passenger handle rail on my special 2021 V7, but didn't like the common washer look so I fabricated 2 sets of these washers in Stainless steel since they were not easy to find cheap or ASAP. I can share the other pair if someone is interested in grabbing it, send me a message I'm in LA area (Downey). No sales its just a gift so invite me a beer! No shipping neither, needs to be local, LOL.View attachment 30093
Snap, did the same on mine when installed the Givi Top Box rack with Shock Factory shocks.

Attachments

• Shock washer.jpg
    Shock washer.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11
Dart screen and OEM rack with a little Nelson Rigg ADV bag on it for my shield cleaner and compressor/patch kit. 2023 SE seems to fuel perfectly and the Arrow exhausts sound OK. Put a little Beeline Moto on the handlebar clamp. I have other bikes for throwing around and touring so probably not much more to do to it. I like the factory bar end mirrors enough that I bought some Puig ones that are similar for my SV650. Yeah, the OEM rack costs too much but I think it looks better than either of the alternatives.

AJFCJaXwVSEWSFZAu3pKtERKbSqPvhLVgZb8ghdfSgVzDMg95UtwGx5OFzD5zhh2hZD2AnelS0ADyHy-gOHqxcXNQwxc-PsRi_RkaoNzqKGSSQzlE2L-r7Cq=w800
nice! Is the Dart flyscreen the same for the ‘21+ Special and Special Edition?

So I appear to have lost a db killer from my Mistral long exhaust....That's ok I just removed the other one and changed to uncorked map but I really would like to have the option of putting db killers back in....does anybody know where to get them from? Do I have to contact Mistral?

So I appear to have lost a db killer from my Mistral long exhaust....That's ok I just removed the other one and changed to uncorked map but I really would like to have the option of putting db killers back in....does anybody know where to get them from? Do I have to contact Mistral?
Yup. They are very easy to talk to and respond quickly,

Has anyone managed to put some bark busters (or other quality handguards), on their V7-850?

You can see, in the picture below, that I have some cheap ones installed, but those are not really handguards, they are just cheap plastic. I put them on for winter commuting and have decided that I like them, but I want something better. The only other things I have seen are also just unsupported plastic. Short of making my own, does anyone have any handguard suggestions?

Guzzi-at-Grasslands-May-2023-2.jpg

That is where I looked first, they are all single point. I suspect they will be no better than what I have.
barkbuster.jpg

Barkbusters are very sturdily made. Not at all like eBay stuff or Amazon...

I have the single point ones on my Ural. They are perfect.

Good Luck.

I removed the passenger handle rail on my special 2021 V7, but didn't like the common washer look so I fabricated 2 sets of these washers in Stainless steel since they were not easy to find cheap or ASAP. I can share the other pair if someone is interested in grabbing it, send me a message I'm in LA area (Downey). No sales its just a gift so invite me a beer! No shipping neither, needs to be local, LOL.View attachment 30093
What are the washer dimensions out of interest?

Current state of play, changed the mirrors for bar ends, installed the agostinis exhaust. Needs refueling for sure, stalls a bit at low revs. branded

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 29
Back