• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

I've not liked the original injector covers with their fake holes and plastic finish so did something about and bought the bobber covers, which are steel.
Minor tweek number 1- bent the forward wing up a little more.
Minor tweek number 2 - sprayed them silver.
& Number 3 - made some spacers as the screws are to long now.

For those that want to keep the originals I drilled the "holes" and cleaned up with a soldering iron then sprayed them black and finished with some lacquer.

1000004529 1000004528

I've not liked the original injector covers with their fake holes and plastic finish so did something about and bought the bobber covers, which are steel.
Minor tweek number 1- bent the forward wing up a little more.
Minor tweek number 2 - sprayed them silver.
& Number 3 - made some spacers as the screws are to long now.

For those that want to keep the originals I drilled the "holes" and cleaned up with a soldering iron then sprayed them black and finished with some lacquer.

View attachment 31291View attachment 31292
I like the silver covers. Were the bobber covers expensive? Oh and I didn’t realize the stock cover jokes were fake.

I`m new in here, so sorry if this is not the right topic to ask questions :) If so, admins can delete this and I`ll start new topic.

V7 850 really feels the first bike that is "almost ready" from the factory but of course there is some things that I would like to mod.

1. What type of side bag/pannier systems do you use ? I had Hepco&Becker C-Bow system in my previous bike and still have the C-Bow Orbit cases, but I`m not sure do they fit the "retro style" that V7 is.

2. Those who have tail-tidy; how much it worse it makes riding in the wet conditions ? I try to avoid riding in the rain but in here (Finland) no matter how sunny day it is, rain will always catch you at some point :D The rear is absolutely the worst part of V7 design.

3. How about tail-tidy and side-bags ? If you have both, can anyone see your tail light & blinkers anymore ?

4. Is there differences between different manufacturers crash bars/engine guards ? In case of falling/crash my insurance company would propably just "buy the bike" and give me a new one, but when touring it`s important that I can continue the trip with minimal damages.

5. Where the **** passenger is suppose to hold on (Stone model) :D There is nothing to grab except the strip in the saddle and I`m not sure is it even possible.

This thread is full of nice looking bikes and good ideas :)

I`m new in here, so sorry if this is not the right topic to ask questions :) If so, admins can delete this and I`ll start new topic.

V7 850 really feels the first bike that is "almost ready" from the factory but of course there is some things that I would like to mod.

1. What type of side bag/pannier systems do you use ? I had Hepco&Becker C-Bow system in my previous bike and still have the C-Bow Orbit cases, but I`m not sure do they fit the "retro style" that V7 is.

2. Those who have tail-tidy; how much it worse it makes riding in the wet conditions ? I try to avoid riding in the rain but in here (Finland) no matter how sunny day it is, rain will always catch you at some point :D The rear is absolutely the worst part of V7 design.

3. How about tail-tidy and side-bags ? If you have both, can anyone see your tail light & blinkers anymore ?

4. Is there differences between different manufacturers crash bars/engine guards ? In case of falling/crash my insurance company would propably just "buy the bike" and give me a new one, but when touring it`s important that I can continue the trip with minimal damages.

5. Where the **** passenger is suppose to hold on (Stone model) :D There is nothing to grab except the strip in the saddle and I`m not sure is it even possible.

1) Givi trekker dolomiti 36 litres. Since I commute with my bike, I need the storage. While I prefer my bike without travel bags, It looks better than I had expected.

2) I was hesitant to get raid of my rear fender until I realized that the moment there is a bit of water on the roads, i get completely soaked from the cars tire spray. Therefore I always wear rain gear in the wet. So it makes zero difference if i have a fender on or a 7' rooster tail.

3) my tail light is super bright and not an issue. I was worries about the turn signals not being visible. And have that ugly stiffening bar across the back. As a temporary measure, I found a led bar with built in signals to mount on that bar to kinda dress it up and make sure the turn signals are visible.

<I will take a photo of it and post it when I have an opportunity this week.>

4) no idea

5) Hold on to your love handles or as one of my gay female friend does.... she hold on to her gf's breasts.
Alternatively, with my cases, one could use the handles on the top of the case.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1691622837849.jpg
    FB_IMG_1691622837849.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 40
  • FB_IMG_1691623560916.jpg
    FB_IMG_1691623560916.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 39
I will only comment on the crash bars. I will be getting the OEM bars. Nor a big fan of the look of the Givi bars and the Hepco and Becker are nice but more expensive than OEM and I don’t like that they attach to the engine mount, through bolt. In the event of a drop, will that put undue stress on the crankcase? (I’m sure brighter minds than mine designed the bars and mounts properly).

1. Unit Garage frames and their Khali bags.
2. I've modified the Baak fender/mudguard I fitted with lamination sheets under the seat blocking the gap left. The actual read end has the usual muck thrown up but I modified the Unit Garage rear rack with an aluminium cover that blocks a lot of it.
3. Hard to miss them. I've replaced the indicators with Moto Gadget mo.blaze Ice. Brighter for sure. The rear light is a Motome Customs Eldorado and also very bright.
4. I've the Givi bars, primarily for the extra lights I've installed on them - Denali D2 led.
5. The Unit Garage rear rack has good handy hand holds.

iaQw5U4.jpg

ua8xNC7.jpg

Last edited:

I took a picture of my bike at an angle while my right flasher were on. You cant see my turn signal due to my bag. I came up with a temporary solution with the light strip on the brace between the bags. This was a temporary thing that has been there for over a year....

Attachments

• 20230815_045621.jpg
    20230815_045621.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230815_045635.jpg
    20230815_045635.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230815_045700.jpg
    20230815_045700.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230815_045709.jpg
    20230815_045709.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 26
The Centenario now has hazard flashers. Slightly more complicated than anticipated as the indicators feed individually into the instruments. Other than that I decided to have them on a permanent feed rather than switched so I've a hidden switch.

Has anyone put a touring windshield on their 2021 V7 850? I’m still looking for one. Also, anyone installed handlebar risers? If so, brand, model #, etc.?
I decided to try the Clearview taller/wider windshield that mounts on the OEM Guzzi touring screen brackets as I already had that setup.

The one I have is 16.5" high by +4" wide I believe based on my sales invoice, which unfortunately the item code is shortened in the invoice PDF. I had called them directly to place the order and discussed height and width and this was made based on that discussion. They are very easy to talk to on the phone and willing to do custom work within the limits of their equipment and plastic sizes.

It definitely provides more wind protection but I had a fair bit of buffeting so I tried an add-on spoiler. I had a X-screen sport which I swapped from another bike and that was a good improvement so I decided to buy the X-screen touring which is both wider and taller and that's what you see in the photo. I experimented with different positions and have setting on on a pretty good one. I can look over this screen easily.

I think it's a good option for say extended touring or riding in colder temps but the downside is you can feel the bike being pushed from side winds/turbulence on the taller windshield. But my intention was to be able to swap between the shorter OEM screen and the taller one using the same brackets and I accomplished that. For most warmer temp riding I prefer the shorter screen, but for the winter months or potentially a long distance trip I would opt for the taller one.

i-XS8zJjr-X2.jpg

After adding approximately 1" to the seat height the bars have never felt at the right height so I finally decided to make some riser spacers. These are approximately 1/2" tall, forget the exact measurement. But now the bars are where I want them. I used ~1/2" longer bolts.

20230718_134023-1-XL.jpg

20230718_175920-1-XL.jpg

20230718_193629-1-XL.jpg

I couldn't find a general V7 859 suspension thread so I'll post this here. A little while ago I decided to upgrade the rear shocks and having the Givi tail rack needed to find a solution that clears their far too large mounting brackets. After searching for some time and finding no good options for a fully adjustable shock I looked around my garage and decided to try a set of Ohlins fully adjustable piggy backs that were on my Bonneville T-120. I found they would work but needed spacer bushings for the ends as Triumph uses larger diameter mounting lugs and they needed to be extended to match the V7 850 shock length. Both "fixes" were easy enough, so I ordered as set of the same shocks for a T-120 and machined the bushings and threaded length extensions. I adjusted the finished length to match the stock shocks.

This was definitely a huge upgrade from stock as expected.

i-8JSrmTp-XL.jpg

I did have to remove some metal from the Givi tail rack forward mounting brackets to clear the shock body, but flipping the reservoir forward made everything else line up fine. I have since purchased another set of the nice aluminum finish washers for the bottom.

i-s76bXjL-XL.jpg

20221231_133459-1-XL.jpg

Any Stone owners with Mistrals in the ice grey finish? I think they'd look sharp on my Arancione Rame Stone, but have yet to find any pics or vids of them on a Stone of any color.

1) Givi trekker dolomiti 36 litres. Since I commute with my bike, I need the storage. While I prefer my bike without travel bags, It looks better than I had expected.

2) I was hesitant to get raid of my rear fender until I realized that the moment there is a bit of water on the roads, i get completely soaked from the cars tire spray. Therefore I always wear rain gear in the wet. So it makes zero difference if i have a fender on or a 7' rooster tail.

3) my tail light is super bright and not an issue. I was worries about the turn signals not being visible. And have that ugly stiffening bar across the back. As a temporary measure, I found a led bar with built in signals to mount on that bar to kinda dress it up and make sure the turn signals are visible.

<I will take a photo of it and post it when I have an opportunity this week.>

4) no idea

5) Hold on to your love handles or as one of my gay female friend does.... she hold on to her gf's breasts.
Alternatively, with my cases, one could use the handles on the top of the case.

That`s pretty hardcore adventure bike :D Are those Rizzoma iRide turn signals ? I agree with you in the rear fender case. It seems no matter how long/big it is the dirt will always get in your back. OEM rear fender looks like it could block everything but nope.

I will only comment on the crash bars. I will be getting the OEM bars. Nor a big fan of the look of the Givi bars and the Hepco and Becker are nice but more expensive than OEM and I don’t like that they attach to the engine mount, through bolt. In the event of a drop, will that put undue stress on the crankcase? (I’m sure brighter minds than mine designed the bars and mounts properly).

I agree with you. Not sure about the crash bars at all because they might cause even more damage than without them. Expect if I fall when standing in place.

1. Unit Garage frames and their Khali bags.
2. I've modified the Baak fender/mudguard I fitted with lamination sheets under the seat blocking the gap left. The actual read end has the usual muck thrown up but I modified the Unit Garage rear rack with an aluminium cover that blocks a lot of it.
3. Hard to miss them. I've replaced the indicators with Moto Gadget mo.blaze Ice. Brighter for sure. The rear light is a Motome Customs Eldorado and also very bright.
4. I've the Givi bars, primarily for the extra lights I've installed on them - Denali D2 led.
5. The Unit Garage rear rack has good handy hand holds.

iaQw5U4.jpg

ua8xNC7.jpg

Another hc version :D Can you take a (sideview) picture without the side bags ? I would like to see how that rear rack looks. Of course if I stay with H&B Orbit bags I propably have to use their rear rack too.

Thanks for all the answers. I already bought Baak short rear fender because of the price. It was used and cost only 150€ so it was pretty no-brainer. Came with turn signal brackets to shock absorbers so I have to make bracket to get turn signals attached to license plate. I`m considering the Rizzoma iRide turn signals.

Another hc version :D Can you take a (sideview) picture without the side bags ? I would like to see how that rear rack looks. Of course if I stay with H&B Orbit bags I propably have to use their rear rack too.

Thanks for all the answers. I already bought Baak short rear fender because of the price. It was used and cost only 150€ so it was pretty no-brainer. Came with turn signal brackets to shock absorbers so I have to make bracket to get turn signals attached to license plate. I`m considering the Rizzoma iRide turn signals.
Lk2oiDV.jpg

Both. We have a V7-850 on the lift now mating to Agostini mufflers. We may be jigging them to work on stock and aftermarket mufflers.
We’re a dealer for Zard. Fitment and durability aren’t up to our standards, so we pulled them from our site completely. Compared to what we make in house with a lifetime warranty, they don’t stand a chance. ;)

Sounds good!
I could not get the Zard exhaust, for my 850 V7 Special, from you guys. So I bought them direct from Zard in Italy. Got here in 3 weeks. The fit and finish seem to be really good. They sound awesome. I only have 1,000 miles on them so far but the quality seems to be holding up and they seem to be sounding even better as I get more miles on them. Still have the baffles in and not sure if I will take them out. IMG 4133

I could not get the Zard exhaust, for my 850 V7 Special, from you guys.
Actually, you could've. We're a Zard dealer. That said, we've had so many fit/finish/durability issues with them in the past, we're not actively showing them on our site. We can get them, but they would be non-returnable.

Back