• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III and 850 questions

Seweryn

Just got it firing!
Hi All,

I am looking for answers to some questions while researching the subject of potentially buying one of the V7 models. I am trying to narrow down and shortlist the models. Surely, the best way would be to go and look at the bikes, test drive them and take a decision based on my own preferences. However, due to my location, this would be a big challenge and may involve traveling abroad due to lack of the bikes for sale locally.
So here are some questions some of you may help me getting the info:

- Are the gear ratios in the III (744) and the 850 models the same, especially the overall top gear ratio?
- Which of the two models is more fuel efficient in very same driving conditions?
- Can you swap the front fender from the II or III series to the 850? The fender in the latest model seems too short for practical use in various conditions.
- Which finish is more durable long term - the black matte coated exhaust pipes on the Stone or the chrome pipes on the Special model?
- Can you easily install the dual clocks from the Special on the Stone model that has the single electronic unit? Is it plug and play?
- Are there any technical advantages worth considering when comparing the 744 vs 850 engine? I mean anything other than we know from the specification data sheets - longevity, weak points, design of the internal parts, thermal management, etc.?
- Are the wire rims heavier or lighter than cast alloy? I know they require tubes.

Thanks.

Some of your questions can be easily answered with a little research. My 2c though.
There are good fender extenders available for the 850 front fender/mud guard.
The black exhaust in my experience in my stone was not durable so an hour's work on the down pipes and no black. Then change the exhausts as there are ugly as f**k.
I think you'll have issues trying to change the stones single instrument for the specials 2. The loom is different for a start.
The specials wheels are heavier.

Thanks Kildare Man, I appreciate your comments. It looks to me like the Special would be more suited for me and I can always swap the wheels if I want to.
BTW, where did you buy your V7? I would love to have a test ride, but no dealers around, especially with used bikes.

Cheers from KK.

Thanks Kildare Man, I appreciate your comments. It looks to me like the Special would be more suited for me and I can always swap the wheels if I want to.
BTW, where did you buy your V7? I would love to have a test ride, but no dealers around, especially with used bikes.

Cheers from KK.
Didn't see you were from here. Although I'm km I like to think I'm an honourary KK as I married a fine KK woman.
I didn't test ride as such but I did go to megabikes in Dublin, their new location off the M50. It was going to be a Guzzi or a BM but BM dealer too far up his own hole. Anyway the Centenario was sat there 3 months old and in need of a good home so how could I resist?
It's no longer standard and this weekend is be front suspension install.
Ciaran at megabikes is very helpful.

Thanks. It's great to hear from a neighbour. I see MegaB sell these, but I have never considered a new machine, however with the difference in prices these days....

What upgrades are you doing to the front suspension?

Thanks. It's great to hear from a neighbour. I see MegaB sell these, but I have never considered a new machine, however with the difference in prices these days....

What upgrades are you doing to the front suspension?
"nd hand are generally going one way at the minute. I see a V7 iii on donedeal at the minute. A 2020 & a 2016 V7 ii(stupidly low milage on this one) - €7,600 & €7,500 worth a look

Matris kit. Had it a while but was waiting for new tyre time, which has just happened - another set of Bridgestone T32. So rebuild time tomorrow.

If you talk nice when negotiating, and offer a little bit of money, you might get the dealer to switch the spoke wheels off a Special for cast from a Stone. They'll be easier to clean, remain true, and you'll have TUBELESS. A dealer did this for a friend here for $100, just to cover labor.

Back