• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Evap and Tip Info

I'm in the process of doing this now on my 2021 but could use some help/guidance.
Tank is off, tipover valve guts removed, and snapped back together so I'm at paragraph 5 in Todd's original post.

"5. With the tank removed looking forward, the tip valve shown apart and gutted (use heat from a hair dryer or eq, and a small screwdriver to pop apart, then can be snapped back together), and red arrow is the evap can. You can snip and plug the line partially hidden (arrowed) line to resolve the intake leak."

I see the line referenced, when I cut that line do I plug both ends, the stub going to the evap can and the other end that'll lead to and through an electric in-line valve? The valve is not pictured in Todd's image so I'm attaching what I'm referring to. (I put a piece of blue tape on the hose at the evap can that I understand is to be cut.)

(I deleted my question and images regarding the rubber plug laying there, it goes on the seat pan.)

Last edited:
I see the line referenced, when I cut that line do I plug both ends, the stub going to the evap can and the other end that'll lead to and through an electric in-line valve? The valve is not pictured in Todd's image so I'm attaching what I'm referring to. (I put a piece of blue tape on the hose at the evap can that I understand is to be cut.)
I would either run the left side of the rubber line that goes to the valve, direct to the evap cannister (and leave the valve plugged in to the wiring harness), or remove the left side line and vent to atmosphere (if you don't mind the fumes). Most important is to cap the intake line on the manifold, and at the air box.

Thanks but now I'm confused I thought the tip over valve was the green/gray plastic thingy (that mine has), which I've pried apart, removed the innards, then snapped back together?

Last edited:
Thanks but now I'm confused I thought the tip over valve was the green/gray plastic thingy (that mine has), which I've pried apart, removed the innards, then snapped back together?
It is. I thought you said yours didn’t have it. I revised my post above. Leave as is, and my words above are still valid.

I'm in the process of doing this now on my 2021 but could use some help/guidance.
Tank is off, tipover valve guts removed, and snapped back together so I'm at paragraph 5 in Todd's original post.

"5. With the tank removed looking forward, the tip valve shown apart and gutted (use heat from a hair dryer or eq, and a small screwdriver to pop apart, then can be snapped back together), and red arrow is the evap can. You can snip and plug the line partially hidden (arrowed) line to resolve the intake leak."

(I deleted my question and images regarding the rubber plug laying there, it goes on the seat pan.)
Yours is an E5 bike? What is the circled stuff? Not present on my '20 E4.

IMG-8154-1.jpg

If you cut and plug the line going from the evap to the intake, doesn’t that still leave the evap open? And if you’re gutting the valve, and disconnecting the evap can, why not just gut the whole evap can too?

Late to the party. Just wrapped up a filler neck mod. Now addressing the EVAP can.
Capped the Manifold easy enough. Thinking capping both sides of the "gate valve" in the vacuum line off the canister.
Will that make the computer mad? I too covet the space the canister dwells. 1662298286772

I need help. Like serious help! Lol. I absolutely cannot get that right front block off plate screw back on. I’ve dicked with it so much that I’m afraid that I’ll strip it out. Is there anybody in the Austin, TX area that can help a brother out? Will gladly compensate you for your time. Yeah, I know AF1 is up the road (and I bought the bike from them) but I’d rather not take it to the dealership at this point since I’m modifying it….unless you convince me otherwise! Bike is a ’21 V85TT. Thank you!!!!

Mike

I need help. Like serious help! Lol. I absolutely cannot get that right front block off plate screw back on. I’ve dicked with it so much that I’m afraid that I’ll strip it out. Is there anybody in the Austin, TX area that can help a brother out? Will gladly compensate you for your time. Yeah, I know AF1 is up the road (and I bought the bike from them) but I’d rather not take it to the dealership at this point since I’m modifying it….unless you convince me otherwise! Bike is a ’21 V85TT. Thank you!!!!

Mike
The right tool for the right job. These are you answer; amazon.com/Neiko-10243A-Socket-Metric-7-Piece/dp/B01LZFTS5D/

The right tool for the right job. These are you answer; amazon.com/Neiko-10243A-Socket-Metric-7-Piece/dp/B01LZFTS5D/
Thank you!! I placed an order for them. Hopefully that does the trick. Damn brake line is right in the way and now the bolt wants to cross thread going in.

* EDIT *

Received the tool in the mail. Worked LIKE A CHAMP! Had the bolt sorted out in about 10 min. Can’t wait to get everything put back together and hit the road this weekend.

Last edited:
Of all the tools I own and have used over many years, nothing has been as useful as my quality tap and die set.

I cannot count how many threads I have chased back into proper condition on threaded holes, nuts and bolts.

It is the most basic of tools to own and I use it all the time.

Did the EVAP mod a few weeks ago. Major change in the bikes overall demeaner. Much better at low speed with out the continues vacuum leak.

I left my evap can in place and ran a hose down to vent the evap can. My hope, theory is it will help keep the gas smell out of the garage seeing as it still goes through the charcoal.
How did this work for you fine sir?

Ok so having some trouble after the EVAP and TIP mod. Here’s the info on what I did,

I removed all the internals of the TIP, then place hose back on the LHS of the canister as original and to fuel tank. I then removed the RHS hose completely from the canister, disconnected the hose from the electronic valve (both sides) and plugged that hose to TB. I am now getting the engine light on which when it idles (fine when running at pace) which alarm comes on and revs to 2k rpm…have I done it wrong????

Last edited:
Pics of what I have done…1st pic shows the elec valve in situ still plugged in and Ofcoarse once the tank goes on the line with TIP goes to LHS of the canister to tank as standard- this right???? and 2nd pic shows the line going to manifold cut and blocked

Attachments

• 57E09A18-B46C-4234-9859-02334E9849D3.jpeg
    57E09A18-B46C-4234-9859-02334E9849D3.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 37
  • BAEC0F4B-E122-40E3-B8E2-0D0286EA1A4B.jpeg
    BAEC0F4B-E122-40E3-B8E2-0D0286EA1A4B.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Ok so having some trouble after the EVAP and TIP mod. Here’s the info on what I did,

I removed all the internals of the TIP, then place hose back on the LHS of the canister as original. I then removed the RHS hose completely from the canister, disconnected the hose from the electronic valve (both sides) and plugged that hose to TB. I am now getting the engine light on which when it idles (fine when running at pace) which alarm comes on and revs to 2k rpm…have I done it wrong????
Ok found my problem here, my own doing🙈 a M6 Allen head bolt fitted perfectly, but when I used a zip tie to hold it in, it looks like a did a bit tight and without realizing made the bolt slightly cocked which would of allowed a vacuum leak. All sorted now and I let idle for about 5mins and no “national disaster” alerts came up so think we solved it😉👍 always feel like a 🍆 when these things happen, but, there’s no such thing as mistakes, just a learning experience. But would love to know if the tip valve line (gutted) can still go to the LHS of the cannister?

sorry for all my posts here on this...Im a first time Guzzi owner so a little new for me...I can see that it would be best to run the fuel line with the TIP Valve (gutted) to atmosphere somewhere down the bike incase fuel did come out of here, and basically leave the charcoal canister in situ. Cap the 2 ends of the Bosch valve with vacuum caps for presentation:makeup:, and ofcoarse plug the TB line....may I ask has anyone without issues just used a vacuum cap for the TB line pole on the TB? ofcoarse anywhere snipped and plugged on this line will work but for neatness it would look better;) Thanks for putting up with me thus far and look forward to your replies.

Late to the party. Just wrapped up a filler neck mod. Now addressing the EVAP can.
Capped the Manifold easy enough. Thinking capping both sides of the "gate valve" in the vacuum line off the canister.
Will that make the computer mad? I too covet the space the canister dwells. View attachment 26394
Is there a known value resistor that can be used at this plug in order to eliminate this purge valve?

Back