• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Heated Grips Very Intermittent!

ZedBuilder

Just got it firing!
Hi everyone, I'm after some advice about the factory heated grips fitted to my 21 model V85TT Travel please. I've only had the bike a week and the heated grips have more or less failed completely, but they do (very!) occasionally work. Although it's still in warranty the dealer is a 4 hour round trip away so I'm wondering if there is anything I can check before making the return trip.

When I test rode, picked the bike up and on the way home the heated grips worked fine - I could turn them on, turn them up and turn them off no problem while riding. Then a couple of days later on the way to work they wouldn't turn on, and I'd almost given up pressing the button when all of a sudden they sprang to life, but went straight to max (level 3) and I couldn't turn them off. After stopping for fuel and switching the bike off I haven't been able to get them working again over the last few days.

So before I make the trip back to dealer is there anything obvious / known faults I can check please?

Thanks.

Basically just check all the connections to the grips. If not a loose connection, it will be a warranty job.

I have to ask this because it has appeared before.

You do know that there is a pause required for the switch, yes? You push it in and briefly hold it to turn on, then the same thing to turn it off.

It is not a quick flick of the switch.

Also, the grips do not function below 2000 rpms as stated in the owners manual.

IMG 4152

Hi Scottmastrocinque,

Thanks for the reply - and yes I have read the manual, sorry perhaps I should have added that to the original post :)!

Like I say they were working on the test ride and when I picked the bike up but have only sprung to life very occasionally since. Everything did get a good soaking on the ride home from the dealer though - thanks to our delightful English climate.... 🌧️💦

Hi everyone - I just thought I'd follow up on the post now the bike has been back to the dealer for a repair - and it is fixed!

It turns out it was a faulty CanBus controller in the left handlebar switchgear cluster - which the dealer swopped from a new bike in the showroom to get my grips up and running. As a home mechanic there prob isn't a way to test this?

Anyway - I thought it might be useful for anyone else with a similar problem.

Hi everyone - I just thought I'd follow up on the post now the bike has been back to the dealer for a repair - and it is fixed!

It turns out it was a faulty CanBus controller in the left handlebar switchgear cluster - which the dealer swopped from a new bike in the showroom to get my grips up and running. As a home mechanic there prob isn't a way to test this?

Anyway - I thought it might be useful for anyone else with a similar problem.
Thanks for letting us know the resolution.

Back