• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Does or does not Guzzi offer a centerstand for V7 III's?

The accessory catalog does not show a center stand for the V7 III and my dealer did not knoe know if they were available but offered to follow up with Guzzi and warned me Guzzi can be, at times, unreliable to deal with. I had the dealer order from H-B. I then ordered a set of side racks from and panniers from H-B and within a day got a email from them saying the racks wouldn't be available for 2-4 weeks. On Tuesday I got a shipping confirmation that the racks had been shipped to my dealer.

I suggest if you want center stand just go with H-B , their products are top notch.

Thanks! I'll go with the H-B stand.

It goes without saying (so of course, I'll say it anyway) that the Special SHOULD have a centerstand as standard equipment.

The omission of this very useful and practical 'feature' by most manufacturers in recent years (the past several decades actually) is a constant annoyance to me especially on supposedly 'Standard' motorcycles, with, or without, chain final drive.

Just bear in mind that as fuel mileage standards increase & cost of production increases manufactures have to shed weight & also cut costs to be able to offer a bike at these prices.

Since many manufacturers don't include a center stand then it is appropriate for Guzzi to do the same.

Just bear in mind that as fuel mileage standards increase & cost of production increases manufactures have to shed weight & also cut costs to be able to offer a bike at these prices.

Since many manufacturers don't include a center stand then it is appropriate for Guzzi to do the same.

That's all well and good, but they still could at least provide the bike's owner the option of buying a centerstand for whatever amount it might cost, Including a worthwhile profit to the company for the part. I assume that Hepco and Becker find it worthwhile to offer an aftermarket stand, why not Guzzi as a factory option?

In my mind, it's almost a disservice to the customers of such bikes to NOT offer a centerstand, at least as an extra cost option, for which I would gladly pay.

This (kind of minor) 'issue' is my only complaint concerning my V7 III Special.....well, that, and how much they want for their motor oil.

Last edited:

I don't accept it that because other manufacturers are eliminating centerstands from their machine designs that Moto Guzzi has to follow suit on a motorcycle like the V7.

Many contemporary mid-sized motorcycles (unfortunately) won't accommodate a centerstand due to their exhaust and rear suspension designs, but this is not the case with the V7's, which are as retro-conventional as a bike can be.

Hey John:

RE: Your first post: Gotta say I agree with you. They should at least offer it & really it does not make sense for them not to.

RE: Your 2nd post: 50/50 on that one.
My way of looking at is that by other companies not supplying a center stand then it becomes "more acceptable" for Guzzi to drop it.

What other part of the bike could be dropped that would save them money? Solid suspension? No mufflers? No turn signals?
Would you rather have a center stand but no ABS or traction control?

The companies who do not offer it could also design their bikes differently so they could offer it but it's more cost effective for them to rationalize by saying "Nope design prohibits it".

Just for the fun of it take the cost of the HB center stand, add in your labor & multiply by 2 & that will get you close to the additional price you would pay for the bike new. I know, I know that figure is going to be way higher than the actual cost of the stand but think of how many mouths there are to feed from day of design to day of sale.
If you have ever been involved in manufacturing (my business does) then this would not seem so far fetched.

A center stand is nice but not a necessity.
I have laid street bikes on their sides to change rear tires.

I think the center stands have disappeared mostly because the stupid cycle magazines keep harping about weight and price. i wish they would just shut up. I seriously doubt it would add $500 to put on good suspension and a C stand. just look at the Kawasaki Versys 1000. bags, good front and rear fully adjustable suspension and a C stand for less than many similar stripped bikes.

For me a center stands is essential. I don't buy the proposition that is OK for Guzzi not to provide it standard on a new bike or make it available as an option. That's just plain Guzzi stupid.

I recently purchased a cb500X and was able to make the center stand and the installation of the stand a no charge closer for the deal. I wish I could have been able to try that with the V7.

Paul

Both my 2015 SR400 Yamaha and 2017 Royal Enfield 500 had centerstands, as did my 2002 Triumph Bonneville. If Guzzi can put something as archaic as tubed tires and spoked rims on the Special, I think they could muster the neanderthal technology to put a couple of welded painted steel tubes and a door spring on the thing too.

LOL this is really too funny.
They have the tech & the ability.
They have decided not to use it.
It is a cost thing, pure & simple.
They are not trying to hurt anybody's feelings.
They are trying to be competitive in a very competitive business going against companies with mega sales & mega bucks.
Economics 101.

And they're omitting a feature that is important to many. :cry:
They should at least offer it as an option and compete for the money I spent at Hepco-Becker. Marketing 101. ;)

Paul

Would you rather have a center stand but no ABS or traction control?.
Yep! The V7 is a pretty sedate sort of bike.
ABS is nice, but not necessary. I've never had it and I don't have problems.
TC is, imo, entirely unnecessary on a V7.
Centre stands, on the other hand, are very worthwhile on many counts.

I get the feeling that 'Traction control' on a 470lb, 52hp motorcycle is more marketing hype than anything else. 'It's like, really, really, like....high tech and stuff'.

Jam that crap, and gimme a centerstand, dammit! We can discuss the atomic telemetry gobbledegook later.

Last edited:
Even with only 52 hp you'll appreciate TC when you enter a curve and find the unexpected, water, gravel, sand, oil spill, antifreeze spill, wet leafs, ice, snow, cow shit, goose shit, and all kind of flattened critters and other nasty things.

I'm usually able to add a center stand but no so with TC.

Paul

Even with only 52 hp you'll appreciate TC when you enter a curve and find the unexpected, water, gravel, sand, oil spill, antifreeze spill, wet leafs, ice, snow, cow shit, goose shit, and all kind of flattened critters and other nasty things.

I'm usually able to add a center stand but no so with TC.

Paul

In my fifty years of riding motorcycles, I've encountered all those hazards, some many times over. I don't arbitrarily dismiss the newer technologies being integrated into our motorcycles, I would never put up a serious argument against ABS, for instance, but I have been successfully riding bikes without those things for most of my riding years, so perhaps I don't put as much stock in them as some do.

There is also the notion that a 'less safe' motorcycle, is a more exciting motorcycle, less 'dummy'd down' to the least capable among us. I have a special fondness for 'nice' little bikes like my V7, but I still have a passion for ridiculously overpowered machines too.

Last edited:
In my fifty years of riding motorcycles, I've encountered all those hazards, some many times over. I don't arbitrarily dismiss the newer technologies being integrated into our motorcycles, I would never put up a serious argument against ABS, for instance, but I have been successfully riding bikes without those things for most of my riding years, so perhaps I don't put as much stock in them as some do.

There is also the notion that a 'less safe' motorcycle, is a more exciting motorcycle, less 'dummy'd down' to the least capable among us. I have a special fondness for 'nice' little bikes like my V7, but I still have a passion for ridiculously overpowered machines too.

At 73(YIKES!!), a former MSF instructor/rider coach, with 58yrs behind bars, former track junky, kept a bike in Europe for 8 years of summer getaways, and riding 20-25K miles/year in retirement, I embrace all thing that may improve my chances of returning safely from each and every ride. But only as long as I free to decide for myself what I want and don't have the government telling me what I need.:lipssealed:

John, I don't buy into the " dummy'd down" notion. I own a few bike, my current most exciting rider has all the technology available today(except cornering ABS) and it makes me smile every mile. Because of the technology I can do thing with it That I can not do on some of my other bike and that really makes me smile allot! For me technology brings a more comfortable ride, a more flexible adaptable machine, a safer ride, and can make me a better rider. Just my opinion, your may vary. Some folks like acoustic some like electrical. If you're that J. B. you do nice work, very nice work!!! :clap:

Paul

Last edited:
I am a classic case of arrested development, I don't have any real desire for a 'safer' motorcycle than what I have. I like modern brakes modern drive chains, and modern tire technology. I like good headlights. Other than that, I just want to go out and take my chances, do what I've always done. I don't even care to strive to learn more than I already know about riding a motorcycle. I'm done with that. At this point, I'm going to just rest on my current accumulation of experience and skills, and simply enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that 'Traction control' on a 470lb, 52hp motorcycle is more marketing hype than anything else.
Well, it along with ABS, is *mandatory* on Euro machines under a certain displacement. Hopefully one of our Euro readers will chime in with the facts.
I'm with you as to prefer it without, but I'll add for my rental fleet I'm happy it's on all of them with the exception of the TC, which you can easily turn off on all of them.

Well, it along with ABS, is *mandatory* on Euro machines under a certain displacement. Hopefully one of our Euro readers will chime in with the facts.
I'm with you as to prefer it without, but I'll add for my rental fleet I'm happy it's on all of them with the exception of the TC, which you can easily turn off on all of them.

If I was renting motorcycles, motorbikes, or scooters to the public, I would insist on every machine having EVERY safety feature known to man on it. If I had children who decided to ride motorcycles, scooters, etc, by God, they'd take every course available to them, they'd ride machines festooned with techno-safety features. They'd have so much padding on them, they'd look like armoured moon-men....or women.

As for myself, I just don't care much beyond a full-face modular helmet, a jacket, and gloves.

Back