• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

I have around 4300 miles on my "S" now. The seat works for me on short excursions, but as I discovered on the trip to the MOA Rally in Virginia, I needed help in the "seat" department. Just happened to be a "Wild Ass Seat Cushion" vendor who set me up with a great solution. I've since used it on a couple of other longer trips and works great! I also got the BIONDI mid-high touring screen. Wish I would have opted for the taller one. At 5'11' the mid size screen is adequate, but then, this isn't a Gold Wing either!
I just did a two day 600 mile ride on my S using the guzzi comfort seat - I found it very comfortable and appreciate the extra little leg room that the tall seat gives.

I just did a two day 600 mile ride on my S using the guzzi comfort seat - I found it very comfortable and appreciate the extra little leg room that the tall seat gives.
I'd love to get the MG Tall Comfort seat, if they'd only make it in BROWN to match what came on my bike ! :(

I'd love to get the MG Tall Comfort seat, if they'd only make it in BROWN to match what came on my bike ! :(
I hear you on that one! I considered having a local shop try to match the brown and recover the comfort seat, but I’ve settled for the black seat for now.

I've been following the sight for about a month or so. I'm dissatisfied with the optional windscreen even with the xcreen attachment. I have to choose between helmet buffeting with the screen up or insane wind noise with it down. I'm monitoring the comments for the best aftermarket windscreen. It's only a problem on the slab.

Threw on a voltmeter....I run electrics in winter to keep me toasty, with the heated grips and having just added the high bum burner seat (mostly to open up the rider triangle a bit more...tho' butt heat is nice; first had it as standard on the Triumph T900RP, laughed at the time, but use it... who knew?). Basically, I don't trust the little red warning light on the dash to give me a head's up rather than confirm why the bike is lifeless.

Dual wired with the GPS into the USB accessory socket, at left front.

PXL 20231004 003136584

I have around 4300 miles on my "S" now. The seat works for me on short excursions, but as I discovered on the trip to the MOA Rally in Virginia, I needed help in the "seat" department. Just happened to be a "Wild Ass Seat Cushion" vendor who set me up with a great solution. I've since used it on a couple of other longer trips and works great! I also got the BIONDI mid-high touring screen. Wish I would have opted for the taller one. At 5'11' the mid size screen is adequate, but then, this isn't a Gold Wing either!
Was wondering what size Wild Ass cushion you went with? Thanks

I picked my S up on Friday and have only done about 400 miles but am loving it. I’ve fitted an evotech radiator guard, evotech phone mount, a quadlock anti vibe and wireless charging head, and fitted the SW Motech Sport rack. I really like the rack, small and discreet for day to day use, and you can add various adapter plates to then attach top boxes from Givi / Shad etc or just a larger adapter to stick roll top bags on.

Planning on using my Dolomiti 46l top box just for touring, as it looks ridiculous fitted 😀

Third pic is the givi adapter fitted, which is only £25 to add to the rack, it just uses a twist and lock system to fit it to the rack.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0231.jpeg
    IMG_0231.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 22
I picked my S up on Friday and have only done about 400 miles but am loving it. I’ve fitted an evotech radiator guard, evotech phone mount, a quadlock anti vibe and wireless charging head, and fitted the SW Motech Sport rack. I really like the rack, small and discreet for day to day use, and you can add various adapter plates to then attach top boxes from Givi / Shad etc or just a larger adapter to stick roll top bags on.

Planning on using my Dolomiti 46l top box just for touring, as it looks ridiculous fitted 😀

Third pic is the givi adapter fitted, which is only £25 to add to the rack, it just uses a twist and lock system to fit it to the rack.

So I'd love to use this, I also have a DLM46 top box - but the weight allowance for this rack is . . . not high. I think it's 5kg. How sturdy is it actually? I know sw-motech is likely being conservative but it's still a very small allowance.

The givi rear rack (SR8207) is the responsible choice but I would like something less obtrusive.

also if you could post a wide shot of the bike with the top box on it that would be cool.

So I'd love to use this, I also have a DLM46 top box - but the weight allowance for this rack is . . . not high. I think it's 5kg. How sturdy is it actually? I know sw-motech is likely being conservative but it's still a very small allowance.

The givi rear rack (SR8207) is the responsible choice but I would like something less obtrusive.

also if you could post a wide shot of the bike with the top box on it that would be cool.
The rack is pretty sturdy and the rack itself and the mounting hardware are pretty heavy duty too. I think sw-motech may be a little conservative on the weight, but I’m unlikely to kick the ass out of it. When I am away on the bike, I usually run with the top box empty, so that when I hit my destination, I can stash my lid, jacket and gloves in the top box and lock them away, while going for a wander.

I’ll have to wait until tomorrow for a picture, but I want to stress, the box is only ever going to be fitted when I’m off touring the alps and similar. The rest of the time I have an sw-motech road pack mounted on the rack with waterproofs, toolkit, tyre plugger and mini compressor in. It looks hideous with the top box fitted 😀 but that top box and I have history 😀 it’s been on my last 4 bikes and the sticker collection, to me, is priceless.

I’ll be back with pics mate 👍

The rack is pretty sturdy and the rack itself and the mounting hardware are pretty heavy duty too. I think sw-motech may be a little conservative on the weight, but I’m unlikely to kick the ass out of it. When I am away on the bike, I usually run with the top box empty, so that when I hit my destination, I can stash my lid, jacket and gloves in the top box and lock them away, while going for a wander.

I’ll have to wait until tomorrow for a picture, but I want to stress, the box is only ever going to be fitted when I’m off touring the alps and similar. The rest of the time I have an sw-motech road pack mounted on the rack with waterproofs, toolkit, tyre plugger and mini compressor in. It looks hideous with the top box fitted 😀 but that top box and I have history 😀 it’s been on my last 4 bikes and the sticker collection, to me, is priceless.

I’ll be back with pics mate 👍

yeah for me i would use it mostly to put my moto gear in it when parked for when i go to the beach or hiking. I don't have my V100 yet so just trying to see how hideous it is. But either way you can't beat the utility of the 46 liter top box, it's nice. Thanks for that, looking forward to the pic.

yeah for me i would use it mostly to put my moto gear in it when parked for when i go to the beach or hiking. I don't have my V100 yet so just trying to see how hideous it is. But either way you can't beat the utility of the 46 liter top box, it's nice. Thanks for that, looking forward to the pic.
Here we go, hope these pictures are OK for you to get an idea 👍 Some with the rack, the adapter and then the top box

Sorry if that’s a bit to heavy on the pictures all, and please bear in mind, I’m only going to be using the top box for touring / camping trips where I usually leave it empty, and then have somewhere to stash my gear while going wandering. It’s not a permanent feature 🙂

Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 34
While I have a break in the weather, I’ve fitted these tank protectors from a place in Italy, I usually go for paint protection film but nobody in the U.K. has a pattern for the V100 yet, so I quite like this, but do intend to replace it with dedicated Ventureshield or other PPF when it becomes available

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 30
While I have a break in the weather, I’ve fitted these tank protectors from a place in Italy, I usually go for paint protection film but nobody in the U.K. has a pattern for the V100 yet, so I quite like this, but do intend to replace it with dedicated Ventureshield or other PPF when it becomes available
The tank protector looks quite good actually.
But I would like a picture showing the whole bike, to get an idea of how this tank protection integrates with the overall bike design.
Dunno where you bought them, but I believe that R&G offers clear ppf tank protectors (which I am considering for next season).

But I would like a picture showing the whole bike, to get an idea of how this tank protection integrates with the overall bike design.
Dunno where you bought them, but I believe that R&G offers clear ppf tank protectors (which I am considering for next season).
Hi mate

R&G list them but they are not custom cut for the V100 (Trust me I had lengthy discussions) they are one of the generic offerings that cover most of the contact area. So I’m waiting for the proper kits as such to come. A place local to me is a franchise for one of the PPF companies so I’m going to approach them to see if they use my bike to make a pattern.

I did that for the V85 when I had that but they just came back and said they just don’t get enough demand to pattern it up for cutting etc.

I’ve just put it away and locked it and the garage up, have to be tomorrow for a full picture 😀 I’m not dragging my lazy backside back out now 😀

I did my last few GSA’s with PPF from Invisible Patterns, applied it myself, this is the whole side done on my old GSA Rallye.

I find it therapeutic 😂 not a bubble in sight, you can just see the edges if you zoom in.

IMG 00353 Original

Here you go, full side pic with the tank protectors fitted 👍

The more I look at them the more I actually like them.

IMG 0304

If anyone is interested, that’s an SW-Motech Yukon WP waterproof tankbag from their pro range, and the road pack expandable tailpack again from SW-Motech

They flow with the original design so much, that you might not notice them. So when are different colors going to be available for the other colors. I've got the White one.

They flow with the original design so much, that you might not notice them. So when are different colors going to be available for the other colors. I've got the White one.
Actually they have green and grey variants on offer. So the grey could be considered as an option for all the other colours but green. :)

Obrzek 2023 10 22 114928857

Obrzek 2023 10 22 114954366

Back