• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Radical Guzzi

Make shure you get the software and programming cable for the ignition, with it you can change the curve always, without, not much to change at all. It works with an excel spreadsheet. The ignition was developed by somewone who worked for Bosch, but it's more then 10 years ago. Maybe even 15 years. I have here an injection from same series also in the tacho house.

Allan's Rad Guzzi runs... This is the only quality/res he was sent:

Reactions: Rox
I am back home, here in Colorado, following three days with Radical Guzzi in Schwarzenfeld, Bavaria, + four days at the Italian MotoGP in Mugello. The street test of my new steed went well. The bike looks great. The details are a visual aphrodisiac. The motor is quite a bit stronger than a standard 8V. I rode with Stefan Sr., the owner of Radical Guzzi, on his 8V and this new bike just flat out spanks it. Zero clutch slipping is required when pulling away from a standstill. Disengage the clutch and go. The thing pulls strong from 3,000 rpm, and then there is another kick at 6,000. It is as smooth as my '08 1200 Sport. The handling is quick for a long wheelbase, and steep rake'd, bike. Total weight, though not the most accurate way was used to measure, was right around 200 kg, or 440 pounds. The Beringer brakes are superb.

There were zero teething issues. Although the ergonomics were great from seat to the reach of the bars, the footrests were too high and too far to the rear for my liking. New one-piece rear sets are being fabricated from billet. The pegs will sit one-inch lower and one-inch further forward. The seat foam was not dense enough. After 15-minutes it compressed to a point that my butt felt like it was directly on the base plate. The only other piece that will be changed is the side-stand. It was too short.

The bike will be crated and air freighted to Denver in 2-3 weeks. A couple days to clear customs, get a VIN and register it and I will be heading for the Colorado canyons and mountain roads. There will be photos posted shortly on BIKE EXIF. Also a YouTube video at some point. I'll keep everyone posted.

Stefan and Stefan, father and son, are wonderful people. They made me feel welcomed and were very generous with their hospitality. I consider them new found friends.

I have lots of photos of the MotoGP in Mugello, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Beautiful bike. One question, do you plan on using air filters?

Nice build and I hope you have a long enjoyable relation with the beast.

Total weight, though not the most accurate way was used to measure, was right around 400 kg, or 440 pounds.
I think you meant 200 Kg, not 400 Kg (if the 440 pounds is accurate).

Here is a crappy 1-minute video from my very first ride. https://vimeo.com/130699524 A cold, damp Bavarian day but good fun non-the-less. The wind noise picked up by the camera is annoying. Sorry. You can see, from the rear view mirror images, that the bike is smooth. The exhaust exhibits a nice throaty sound. I had the dB killers in on this day. Subsequent days I removed them. The acceleration, in any gear, is mesmerizing. You can see, on the speedo, how quickly the bike accelerates, in top gear, from 120 km/hr to 180 km/hr (75 - 112 mph). Without wind protection of any kind, speeds beyond 90 mph are taxing. 120 mph felt like I was going to be blown off the bike. The GPS detracts from the look, I know, but I have a tendency for getting thoroughly lost, particularly in a foreign country. The left turn indicator button is convenient; the right side, not so much. Fortunately they are self-canceling after 20 sec.

Last edited:
The specs in the Radical Guzzi web site don't match up with the bike. I did let him know. These are more accurate:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Engine: 4 valve 1151 or 1380

Valvetrain: Tappet

Bore / Stroke: 92 or 95 x 80 or 81.2

Capacity: 1151 or 1380 cc

Compression: 11:1

Performance: 110 or 135 bhp thereof

Torque: 98 to 120 Nm thereof

Carburation: Keihin 41 mm FCR

Coupling: 2 slices 10 spring

Transmission: 5 gear

Drive: Kardan

Framework: 1977 Tonti

Front suspension: Marzocchi or series air supportive and progressive springs

Rear suspensionIcon: Wilber or Öhlins

Front brakeBrembo / Behringer

Rear brake: Brembo / Behringer

Wheels: front / rear3,5 x17 and 5.5 x 17

Tires: 120/70 x17 front 180/55 x17 rear

Length/Width/Height: t2200x760x1000

Seat height: 740

Curb Weight: circa 200 kg

Fuel capacity20 liter

Radical Guzzi Custom PartsExhaust, triple trees, footrests, with electrical ignition system, lamp holder, front & rear mudguard + more

Allan, hope you'll toss it on the dyno there, though knowing you're at a mile plus high of elevation. ;)

Todd - I will get on a dyno sometime this summer. I to am curious. I purchased a few leaner main jets and slow jets, and a couple fatter needles. I think at 5500 feet, here in Boulder, the current jetting will be fine. All the best motorcycling roads are above this elevation so my plan is to have it jetted perfectly for near 7,000 ft. This should suffice for most everyplace I normally ride [5500 - 9500 feet]. I hope you get an opportunity to give the bike a go. You have ridden the MGS01 so you have a bench mark to compare. I mention this as I allowed one of the journalist, in Germany, to spend some minutes on the bike. He says, "it pulls harder than a MGS01." Of course he may have just been trying to make me feel good.

That is one magnificent job, Allan. Thanks for sharing such a well-documented build!

Your build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net directory here: tyrengel's Radical Guzzi Build.
We’re currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you’d find in Google Images).
We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just shoot me a PM with a link to the build thread and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you wish to add your build personally, please feel free to peruse our Submit feature. No registrations required.
Admins, kindly delete this post if deemed inappropriate.

Al

That is one magnificent job, Allan. Thanks for sharing such a well-documented build!

Your build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net directory here: tyrengel's Radical Guzzi Build.
We’re currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you’d find in Google Images).
We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just shoot me a PM with a link to the build thread and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you wish to add your build personally, please feel free to peruse our Submit feature. No registrations required.
Admins, kindly delete this post if deemed inappropriate.

Al
Albertus -
Sure; I do not have a problem with you publishing the original full-size image. You may find better photos on the Radicaguzzi.com website.

The motorbike is in transit somewhere between Chicago and Denver. I am hoping to be able to clear customs by the end of the week; fingers crossed. Once I get the carburetors and ignition sorted for our rarified elevations here I'll shoot some video and send it on. Here are a few photos; some of which will be on BIKE EXIF shortly.

7DL1721

7DL1777

7DL1731

7DL1814

7DL1702

7DL1697

Last edited:
Looks awesome Allan, can't wait to swing a leg over it some day.

Hi Allan,

I have been watching this string of posts with interest. Early on you say there was standard pistons and barrels from a 1400 Guzzi, with "some small things that need doing" (not the exact words but words to that effect.

What exactly did Radical Guzzi have to do to get this all to come together with the standard 8v mill? There was, I think, a mention of a separate/special cam too?

It would be a good exercise to do, but not for the feint hearted. Can you enlighten us further Allan?

Hi Allan,

I have been watching this string of posts with interest. Early on you say there was standard pistons and barrels from a 1400 Guzzi, with "some small things that need doing" (not the exact words but words to that effect.

What exactly did Radical Guzzi have to do to get this all to come together with the standard 8v mill? There was, I think, a mention of a separate/special cam too?

It would be a good exercise to do, but not for the feint hearted. Can you enlighten us further Allan?

Hello Oz1200Guzzi -

The 8V 2011 Stelvio motor is, I believe, an A8 series motor. 1380 cc California pistons and cylinders swapped-out without issue. The camshafts are CAMS F1 (Italian) "B LIGHT." The performance from these cams show the greatest gains from 6,000 rpm to 7,500. They also eliminate the dip in the (stock) curve from 3,000 to 5,000. The kit works well. The motor is as smooth as stock; I don't see a downside. The caveat is that this may be difficult to do with fuel injection. My bike is using a brace 41 mm Keihin FCR carburetors. This was not only paramount for the aesthetics, the vintage/custom look, but also FI was never a viable option. Radical Guzzi is now working on a digital ignition system to work with FI. I don't know if it is available just yet. The bike is here in the states. I've put about 500 miles on the odometer. I live at 5,500 foot elevation, and the majority of my riding is from 5,500 - 8,000 feet. I have been playing with the jetting; the performance seems close to what I experienced when I went to Bavaria to ride the bike for the first time, which was at sea level. The seat is both a darker brown and about a half inch thicker, than the photos above. Also the foot pegs are an inch farther forward and an inch lower. Within the next two weeks I will have the bike on a dyno. I will post the graphs and numbers.

I had my bike on the dyno recently. I'm quite happy with the results; especially considering the altitude, where the runs were performed; 5,500 feet (1,676 meters) above sea level.

The blue line is final horsepower and final torque. The red line is the starting point. The other (faint) lines are the air/fuel/ratio.

118.04 rwhp @ 6,800 rpm. The curve is nice and linear; continually gaining power without any dips.

I calculated the sea level hp. It is 142 rwhp It seems almost unbelievable. I don't know what a 8V Griso or Stelvio makes on a dyno at sea level but probably less than a hundred.

The torque is interesting; also impressive. Nearly 100 pounds-feet @ 4500 rpm, and again @ 5400 rpm. The motor is making over 90 pounds- feet from 3500 rpm.
I have no idea how to calculate sea lever torque from these numbers.

I have 9 different pre-programed ignition maps to fool with. I'll start playing with those over the next month or so.

Todd told me he is in the process of building a 1380 8V motor with fuel injection. It will be interesting. Can't wait. P8280001
P8280002

Back