• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Newbie (maybe!) Looking at a 2016 Eldo...(guidance plz)

highway man

Just got it firing!
Good Day,

Current BMW riding, looking to do a possible switch. Dealer near me has a 2016 Eldo. I have read through the forum and have seen some comments. Seems like a pretty good bike. BUT, what do I have to watch for? I believe the bike is new, has been in the showroom. Long distance rides, are very common for me.
6K for valve adjustment from service manual I fund. (any issues?)
I am concerned about the support, as there is only one dealer in PA, that I can see.

Any thoughts welcome, Thanks!

Last edited:
The 1400’s are pretty reliable with rare exceptions. Expect very little support from most any dealer, especially compared to BMW. Guzzi owners are typically hands on, with the help of this Forum, can solve most things if you read and listen.
6k miles are general intervals. The more miles you pile on, the better it runs and works.
I have options to uncork the bikes power potential, and I can make them work better than you can ever imagine for a heavy “cruiser.” Best to you on it. If it speaks to you, jump and don’t look back. Be forewarned, they are addictive if you only expect of it what it is; an Uber-niche brand, hand-built Italian motorbike.

The 1400’s are pretty reliable with rare exceptions. Expect very little support from most any dealer, especially compared to BMW. Guzzi owners are typically hands on, with the help of this Forum, can solve most things if you read and listen.
6k miles are general intervals. The more miles you pile on, the better it runs and works.
I have options to uncork the bikes power potential, and I can make them work better than you can ever imagine for a heavy “cruiser.” Best to you on it. If it speaks to you, jump and don’t look back. Be forewarned, they are addictive if you only expect of it what it is; an Uber-niche brand, hand-built Italian motorbike.
Support issues are just warrantee concerns, and initial setups. I am not a big dealer fan with my BMW's either, not an issue. But, I do want the first two years to be hassle free. Sounds like suspension upgrade, and fuel/mixture tuning are on top of the list. Thanks for the thoughts. It looks like a fun machine .... yet to test drive.

I bought a new 2016 Eldorado about 9 months ago. I have Todd's fueling package on it (worth every penny). Before winter closed in on me last year I took it on 3 long trips (1100 miles, 2,000 miles, 4,000 miles) and one shorter one (400 miles) I'm up to almost 9,000 miles on it without a hiccup. This is the third Guzzi I have had and they have been mostly trouble free (the first one I bought used and it had a few little issues to work out). The Eldo feels like the most solid one of the three. It's so smooth and solid feeling it gives me the impression that it's just very unlikely anything is going to go wrong with it. I got off of a BMW when the I got the first Guzzi and the Beemer never felt as good. I have plans for a couple of more long trips this summer and I have no apprehension at all about the reliablity of the bike. I am only a so-so mechanic but I do all the servicing myself as it is pretty easy. My dealer is 1000 plus miles away. My guess is you won't have much need of your dealer after you take delivery. Just my opinion but I think as long as you like a cruiser style of bike, you will like the Eldo.
Garwood.

I bought a new 2016 Eldorado about 9 months ago. I have Todd's fueling package on it (worth every penny). Before winter closed in on me last year I took it on 3 long trips (1100 miles, 2,000 miles, 4,000 miles) and one shorter one (400 miles) I'm up to almost 9,000 miles on it without a hiccup. This is the third Guzzi I have had and they have been mostly trouble free (the first one I bought used and it had a few little issues to work out). The Eldo feels like the most solid one of the three. It's so smooth and solid feeling it gives me the impression that it's just very unlikely anything is going to go wrong with it. I got off of a BMW when the I got the first Guzzi and the Beemer never felt as good. I have plans for a couple of more long trips this summer and I have no apprehension at all about the reliablity of the bike. I am only a so-so mechanic but I do all the servicing myself as it is pretty easy. My dealer is 1000 plus miles away. My guess is you won't have much need of your dealer after you take delivery. Just my opinion but I think as long as you like a cruiser style of bike, you will like the Eldo.
Garwood.
Garwood, thanks for the response. I am planning on keeping my 2002 1150rt. I have made several mods to it and besides the iABS problem I am currently solving, runs very well. The Eldo would be in addition. Probably will let my r1100s go, I bought it new 15 years ago, and the riding position is only good for a few hours for me any more. So, this is truly my first cruiser.

If you watch this video it is hilarious.
Testers first ride on a Guzzi & he had no idea what to expect.

Warning: He does use some "language" so if anybody else is listening who may get offended by an f bomb tell them to go away & close the door.

Support issues are just warrantee concerns, and initial setups. I am not a big dealer fan with my BMW's either, not an issue. But, I do want the first two years to be hassle free. Sounds like suspension upgrade, and fuel/mixture tuning are on top of the list. Thanks for the thoughts. It looks like a fun machine .... yet to test drive.
I bought my California without a test ride and have not been disappointed, since purchase I have modded the air box and installed Todd's fuelling kit and as Garwood has mentioned worth every penny. In addition I have replaced the front and rear suspension units with Matris items. Unfortunately there are too many tempting products in the GT store.
I have had a couple of warranty issues (fogged speedo and degradation of the lacquering on the fork legs) both now resolved, though I would suggest it depends what rapport you have with the dealer and how hard they are willing to fight your corner.

Well, that video surely shows the 1400 has some straight line power!! Does the Eldo handle the same Audace? Seems the test rider had some difficulty.....but, I am sure he was new to the bike, Robert, I dd read your post and letter you sent to MG. Glad they took care of it, but that is thinly thing I am hesitant about. I am in contact with the dealership via email, waiting for a price and further info from him. Why would there still be a brand new 2016 around?

Well, that video surely shows the 1400 has some straight line power!! Does the Eldo handle the same Audace?
Funny as it's pretty blah stock. You can read the dyno chat post of my GT offerings here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gt-rx-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/
Handling: No, the tire sizes are smaller and rounder on the Eldo, which makes it feel much lighter and livelier. The Audace and other 1400's use a flat profile Dunlop 200 series rear tire.

Well, that video surely shows the 1400 has some straight line power!! Does the Eldo handle the same Audace? Seems the test rider had some difficulty.....but, I am sure he was new to the bike, Robert, I dd read your post and letter you sent to MG. Glad they took care of it, but that is thinly thing I am hesitant about. I am in contact with the dealership via email, waiting for a price and further info from him. Why would there still be a brand new 2016 around?
My "local" dealer has had a MGX21 for well over 18 months and currently has an Audace in the showroom, as far as I am aware mine is the only 1400 in the Balearics, I stand to be corrected.
I think others will agree that MG is a niche market and although the V7 range appears to sell the 1400 range is competing against Harley's and other large metric cruisers.
Unfortunately when I looked to rent a 1400 I couldn't find anything available, I had missed the boat as Todd could not justify keeping it on board due to lack of interest. (RideMalibu Eldorado rental Todd?)

Highway man,
I purchased a Eldorado from the dealer you are taking about. I live on the Jersey Shore and it's 100 miles to his store. They know their stuff and good to work with. I don't regret it. The Eldorado is a great bike. I'm impressed with the way the bike handles. You don't expect a cruiser to handle this well and it surprises you. Plenty of power and I appreciate the traction control and Brembo brakes. I don't think you would be disappointed. PM me and I'll let you know the price I paid.

I bought mine used from a dealer. The only other bikes over 500 lb I'd ridden were Harleys. The Eldorado is to most Harleys what a P-47 is to a DC 3. Sure it's heavy but it's surprisingly agile, and the engine is massively entertaining. In terms of brakes and handling I don't think you will be disappointed moving from BMW. Mine wasn't brand new when I got it so maybe some bugs were ironed out. The only trouble I had was with a bad battery.

Good Morning, still rolling this around and seeing where a few of the Eldo's are located in my area. One thought that has come to me is that the latest model available is the 2016. What about the sitting around for two years in the showrooms? Tires? Fluids? As MG has seen it fit not to make/ship and newer bikes over to the US, will this model even be made moving forward? Just curious of everyones thoughts. Thanks, looks like one fun machine. Once the snow clears.......I may go looking a bit closer!

Would not worry about a two year old show room Guzzi.
Altho you may be able to use it for bargaining.

IE: Learn to read the date code on tires, I believe "common knowledge" is that tires should not be used past 5 years.
Personally I don't buy it but you could show worry over it.
Ask the salesman about brake fluid changes, again a lot of folks say every two years........

Good Morning, still rolling this around and seeing where a few of the Eldo's are located in my area. One thought that has come to me is that the latest model available is the 2016. What about the sitting around for two years in the showrooms? Tires? Fluids? As MG has seen it fit not to make/ship and newer bikes over to the US, will this model even be made moving forward? Just curious of everyones thoughts. Thanks, looks like one fun machine. Once the snow clears.......I may go looking a bit closer!

I've wondered the same thing. I'm looking to pick-up a bike around the end of April and am looking at the Audace. Some dealers list 2017s for sale, but none of them have any in stock, with the exception of the Portland dealer - who claims they have 2 and are slightly discounting them. I've wondered if Moto Guzzi has just stopped importing them all together for lack of sales?

Back