• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Forced Induction on a Carc Bike?

dubtac

Just got it firing!
This is a long shot but this seems to be the right place to post this but has anyone attempted forced induction on there modern carc Guzzi. :?:

I think Todd has been thinking about trying to supercharge an 8V.

To be honest I think its barmy but each to their own. If you want stupid power why not just buy a different motorbike? An RSV-4 weighs nothng and produces >140HP straight out of the box. The Bavarian go-fast uglybike makes 35HP more. Where you'd use such power apart from the bar with your gullible and easilly impressed mates I have no idea.

Pete

A turbo would fit nicely under the gearbox of my Bella.
Nah! Things are nicely balanced the way they are.

Forced induction would be like ya favourite supermodel sex kitten,
A weekend alone would be absolute bliss, but a year of it would f%#kin kill ya and send ya to the bloody wall.

I'm in the very early stages of building a full custom per below. I know of one turbo Jackal in Northern CA. He's fighting fueling issues with an aftermarket ECU. There are some major obstacles to overcome fueling/timing wise, but I have a handle on them hopefully.

Pete, it isn't all about power, more self expression/freedom. Guzzi is always overlooked in the land of customs, and people spend astonishing amounts on American-powered projects (which most have less power the the latest repli-racer - but not smile-making torque!) plus I have bigger plans for the mill when I succeed. Ten years ago, I wouldn't have considered it, but times change and I cheer those who venture out like our good friend Bill Ross and his Mandello Meteor. Kudos to all those who do.

90631938fc6700923ed7f2de5e66f38e.jpg

I find it amusing that so many people don't think it makes any sense to hot rod a Guzzi.
I think it makes more sense to hot rod a Guzzi then it does a Hayabusa. The potential gains for a Guzzi are massive in comparison. It is hard to make a Hayabusa (or any other such mega-bike) much faster then it already is. Yes you can do it, but it takes a lot just to get 10 or 20% more. Gains like that are much easier and cheaper on a Guzzi. Will a Guzzi ever be top of the performance heap? No, I doubt it. But that is not always the goal.
I guess it is a lot like the muscle car guys. They will spend thousands hot rodding up iron block push rod two valve motors. But for some reason that is more accepted. Personally, I see the Guzzi motor as being a lot like those American iron block motors. Neither will ever be impressive for how much power they get out of a given amount of displacement (Nitro-Methane Top Fuelers excepted) but both are fun.

I never said you shouldn't. Simply that I cant for the life of me see why you would!

One of the biggest isssues is going to be finding injectors that will keep fuel up to it. A mate of mine in Tassie who is mad as cheese has asked me to price up a set of MGS-01 throttle bodies for one of his salt racing projects!!!!

Pete

On that score Pete, your mate should talk to Richard from HGT (High Gain Tuning) in the states.
His lifes work has been with EFI at the top level. In retirement he plays with his sons direct injected 2 stroke race bike.
Bing (not Cosby) make aftermarket throttle bodies of many sizes and Richard can advize.

http://www.highgaintuning.com/

Hi Todd,
You must have started planning that custom after your accident.
Clearly I didn't know how strong those drugs you were on really were.
Seriously, good on ya
Allan

In my mildly educated eyes it is more sensible to go the supercharge instead of the turbocharge way for these big twins.
A mild sensibly small and straight plumbing add-on would be nice for the 2 valvers, me thinks.
Something properly controlled to give a nice torque boost down low plus a 30% total power increase without high costs or big impact on the mpg.
How difficult would by direct injecting a 2 Valver to have nice precise control?
I have a feeling that the thermal loads would be too much for the 8V exhaust side head assembly for any real world prolonged openings reliability.

Sprintex in Perth (these guys have the fastest drag bike in OZ) had developed a supercharger for the V-Rod a few years ago then moved to a 2V air cooled Ducati Monster. It was developed as a generic kit to be fitted to anything.

Completely stock with standard ECU & cat-con meeting all EPA regulations it was a weapon.
With aftermarket exhaust and performance ECU it had close to 50% power increase and almost 100 % boost in torque.
I contemplared this as a $5-6000 mod for my Hypermotard, but the front tyre wasn't on the ground much anyway.

ghezzi said:
Sprintex in Perth (these guys have the fastest drag bike in OZ) had developed a supercharger for the V-Rod a few years ago then moved to a 2V air cooled Ducati Monster. It was developed as a generic kit to be fitted to anything.

Completely stock with standard ECU & cat-con meeting all EPA regulations it was a weapon.
With aftermarket exhaust and performance ECU it had close to 50% power increase and almost 100 % boost in torque.
I contemplared this as a $5-6000 mod for my Hypermotard, but the front tyre wasn't on the ground much anyway.

I am trying to reconcile that plan with your tagline: "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow. But the older I get the faster I was." :lol:

Bill

Hi Bill, everytime Mr Plod berates for me speeding I always think to myself, I wasn't speeding, for me.
I always go this fast.

"Speed" is a relative thing, especially to age. .........................especially when your heading for the grave.

That's a bit the point of those hotrod machines, no? Not who can go fastest, but who can get to some destination first ... final destination here they come :silly:

Wouldn't halothane injection be the easiest way to get a lot more power for the time it takes?

Back