• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Re: Stelvio out and about pics here...

UKstridey said:
sanddweller said:
Nice day for it...
On the West coast of the Isle of Man.

Nice one!
Fancy coming over to Wales for a meet up at Quotatreffen Breacon beacons NP in July? :)
see the thread here;-
https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/190/10904.html

Seriously considering it..
Difficult to plan that far ahead with work at the moment. :ugeek:

Long weekend trip to Bruges and Ypres.
Around 800 miles, 2 up, full panniers, mostly motorways, some local twisty and cobbled roads. Average 43 UKmpg. Only niggle is the fuel tabnk capacity, but we know about that.
Here are some pictures.
I recommned the 'In Bruges' its what inspired me to visit, plus its a very good film.
The WW1 history is fascinating, you just have to see it and take in the magnitude of what was only 100 years ago, we went to the Menin Gate for the last post at 8pm (takes place every evening at 8pm).

Attachments

• IMG_9231.JPG
    IMG_9231.JPG
    494.2 KB · Views: 599
  • IMAG0767.jpg
    IMAG0767.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 599
  • IMAG0786.jpg
    IMAG0786.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 598
France - 2000 miles - two up

First ever trip two up for me and my Brother, Steve, me with my partner Donna and him with his wife Deb. We headed from Hull to Maidstone, Steve and Deb rode down from Stoke-on Trent Friday night for a stop over before hopping on the Train for a quick trip under the channel and into France. First day was spent on the motorway for a 320 mile ride to Langres, a fortress town in France and a great place to stay over, we stayed in the Hotel De La Poste the oldest Hotel in Langres. We were impressed with the interior considering the out side looked pretty old, they really have spent money on the bedrooms and en-suits, very comfortable.

Mostly motorway on the Sunday as well, we did take a diversion into Lons-le-saunier for a coffee and to stretch out legs then back to the slab to eat up some miles, the motorway leading up to Geneva through the mountain tunnels is pretty stunning as motorways go, one particular tunnel exits to a whole new world or so it seems, hilly and straight on one side then mountains and twisty motorway on the exit, a bit like in the films where they find a lost world.... :D

The rest of the holiday was spend doing Mountain passes and visiting towns and villages, the nights were spend chilling and chatting about the days riding.

The bikes, both Stelvios as you will see from the photos were just the tool for the job, motorway cruising at 90mph is a doddle and even fully loaded they made light work of the twistys, although there was much scraping of the main stand. Mine wears BT023's and as usual they were just great in the wet, we barely slowed down for the wet sections.

The bike is very heavy fully loaded and you really do feel it when walking it around or backing it out, once it leans off centre there's no getting it back as I found when it fell over trapping me under the bike, it pinned my foot to the ground :unsure: scuffed the pannier and broke the hand guard, no big deal but it does make you focus next time you have to man handle the brute... :blush:

Other than that and the 15amp fuse blowing that stopped the bike from starting it was trouble free biking even the 350 miles in one day heading home that rained for 300 miles of the journey... :(

A few photos with a brief description, nothing exciting, just what you would expect from the French Alps.

The end of the motorway before heading off to the accommodation.

View from the balcony

A bit big for the tank bag but a useful mad for reading without my spectacles on :lol:

Col de saisies

This used to be a Prison, the town of Annecy where the lake runs into and through the town

Stuffing their faces, Steve, Deb his wife with the light hair and donna my partner with the dark hair

Slightly out of focus pic of Steve and Deb

Geneva, In better focus me and Donna

Steve and the girls in Geneva

Sorry, more photos to follow... :whistle: :lol:

windy

Re: Stelvio Registry

Got my 13' NTX from All Seasons in Wooster -- Love it !! Need to change a few things -- stop the buffeting, a reflash, lower the side cases and move them to the rear but not too much more cause its really good already.

Attachments

• IMG_6518.JPG
    IMG_6518.JPG
    688.5 KB · Views: 594

Out and about up on Loveland pass a couple of days ago. They were still skiing at the ski area but it was their last day of the season. GREAT day for a ride and to get the Italian beasts out. My bike even got called the Gargoyle by some passing kids. :evil:

DSC02280_zps9f5b4dfd.jpg

Marc

Spent a few days having a leisurely plod round Noth Wales including Snowdonia.
First test for resprung rear shock (140n up from standard 100n) and really pleased.
Even with all the luggage on the handling was really good, the bike felt properly connected to the road.
The torrental rain at the end of the week led to the front wheel slipping off the white line a couple of times but it was really wet and I've never seen so many signs and so much paint on the roads.
Very pretty place and only a few hours away.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    593 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    594.7 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    617.3 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    661.6 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    834.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    967.5 KB · Views: 415

More out and about pics.. had a good weekend away on the bike, up to a mates in Ferryhill, stayed on a Bison Farm, the farmer keeps Peacocks, damn things make a noise at 3am... :S

Rode the Scottish borders Saturday, St Mary's Loch, around Kielder Dam as well. The Stelvio more than held it's own in some fast company. Fast Brian leading on the beemer sport rr thingy did a great job of showing us some great roads..

Other bikes on the trip, Red Stelvio, R6, BMW R1200R, H***a Crossdresser.. :whistle: 1050 Tiger, 3 x aprilia Tuonos and a few others I can't remember..

B) the rain is a great leveller and the Stelvio with BT023's on is awesome in the wet, R6 and R1 riders said it was scarey watching me approach and the pass in the wet on some very twisty roads... :evil:

Me in Hi Vis, and Steve my Brother, his red tank showing in the background...

Red Stelvio in some good company

St. Mary's Loch

Simples, GUZZI :D

Inferior bikes... :lol:

On the farm but no chicken strip in sight.. :whistle:

windy

Up on Trial Ridge pass lat weekend, The highest continuous paved road in the US. ;)

DSC02313_zpse0ac8a43.jpg

Marc

These were taken in Wales this weekend 12-14 July at the Quotatreffen 2013 Pengenfford meeting.

Hottest day of the year for the the ride out, around 30deg C! :D :D

I guess around 25+ Stelvios, maybe up to 10 Quotas, 5 or so 650 NTXs, a Breva (and the odd not Guzzi) :D :D

Furthest came 2000 km from Sweden, I think one old NTX came from Rome (the one behind the banner I think)

Next years meeting is in Croatia (probably wont be as hot!)

It's good job someone from this forum took a camera, as usual I had forgotten to take one. haven't you got some of us at the pub, you could post it as the rogues gallery :)

.............few more from Quotatraffen

Back