• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

‘Range to Empty’

Sapper

Tuned and Synch'ed
Once the orange fuel light comes on, is there a way to set the ‘fuel pump’ symbol to show ‘miles to empty’ ?

On the assumption the owners manual is correct.....It should show you remaining distance to empty .
Refer to page 27 "fuel range"
You might find you need to go a few Km's on reserve before it can calculate the distance left

Last edited:
Mine doesn’t show any, all it shows is the petrol pump icon and an arrow

Last edited:
I've had my Rosso V100 for just over a month now, and have been completely loving it, but just ran into my first frustration with the bike. On my way home from work yesterday, my amber fuel light comes on. I think to myself I have plenty of fuel to get home and will fuel up on my way to work today. All the while, the fuel gauge UI stays stuck at the red 1/6th of a tank of fuel. I had heard from a couple of forum goers here that the V100's low fuel warning comes on far too early, so I didn't worry at all.

So on my way into work, I run out of fuel on the interstate. Doh! My "Trip Fuel" counter (how many miles I've ridden since the fuel warning) reads 33.9 miles. This is the first time I've run out of fuel on a bike in 15 years, and my last time I was a brand new rider. <embarrassed>

BUT the frustrating thing is, the bike's fuel gauge was still showing 1/6th of a tank left when I ran out! I always only about 5 miles until my gas station, and was watching the "Trip Fuel" counter ticking up, but wasn't panicking because the fuel gauge still had a full tick left.

Lesson learned the hard way ... when your fuel gauge shows one tick of fuel left, the bike might very well be running on fumes!

I've had my Rosso V100 for just over a month now, and have been completely loving it, but just ran into my first frustration with the bike. On my way home from work yesterday, my amber fuel light comes on. I think to myself I have plenty of fuel to get home and will fuel up on my way to work today. All the while, the fuel gauge UI stays stuck at the red 1/6th of a tank of fuel. I had heard from a couple of forum goers here that the V100's low fuel warning comes on far too early, so I didn't worry at all.

So on my way into work, I run out of fuel on the interstate. Doh! My "Trip Fuel" counter (how many miles I've ridden since the fuel warning) reads 33.9 miles. This is the first time I've run out of fuel on a bike in 15 years, and my last time I was a brand new rider. <embarrassed>

BUT the frustrating thing is, the bike's fuel gauge was still showing 1/6th of a tank left when I ran out! I always only about 5 miles until my gas station, and was watching the "Trip Fuel" counter ticking up, but wasn't panicking because the fuel gauge still had a full tick left.

Lesson learned the hard way ... when your fuel gauge shows one tick of fuel left, the bike might very well be running on fumes!

View attachment 31124
Sorry about the incident, it may be both in a dangerous situation as well as the wrong time to deal with it.
Anyhow, it is just something to get used to with the countdown (reversed one) of the fuel calculations,
For myself it seems at least that the fuel consumption calculation of the onboard computer is on the conservative side rather than the optimistic side.
Will go on a road trip in a few days so I will have a good chance to follow up the average consumption.

I got comfortable with the "reverse" countdown trip fuel on my V7III, but I think what threw me off on the V100 was the fuel gauge showing 1/6th of a tank left. I would have preferred MG just left the fuel gauge off the dashboard and stuck with just the "Range to empty". That's more useful to me anyway.

Last edited:
I can't imagine why MG would do this. I've only had my V100 for three weeks and have refilled the tank (slowly!) twice within a few miles of the low fuel warning. First fill took 14.34 litres ( mileage since low level was 21 miles) and the second 12.66 litres ( mileage since low level was 5 miles). So I think I have between 40and 50 miles to empty after the warning. My Suzuki just continued to count down to empty and was very accurate. A simple software change should be all that's needed to make it easier instead of having to guess how much fuel is left, what the fuel consumption is and then work out what the range is.

How can I get my ‘fuel pump’ icon to read ‘miles to empty’ ?
All I am getting is an arrow and some dashes?????
I quite agree with you about anxiety once the amber warning light comes on.

View attachment 31124
I too thought I had enough full starting a long ride out into desert due to the top right range indicator stating over 100ml. Well I'm guessing it uses you recent average to calculate as I only got about 40ml of spirited. riding before the trip fuel started and I panicked. Anyway made it 29ml of controlled riding to nearest gas station.
My surprise was that I must have had almost a gallon left as it only took 3.7 gal to fill?
So what is the true range once the trip comes on.....

Hmmm, not so sure as I could not not fill the tank with enough petrol to any where near the manufactures stated size. I think there is still more.
Anyone willing to run the beast dry to find out :)

Hmmm, not so sure as I could not not fill the tank with enough petrol to any where near the manufactures stated size. I think there is still more.
Anyone willing to run the beast dry to find out :)
If you read my story earlier in this thread, you'll see that I ran mine dry. 😅

The "Trip Fuel" meter (which starts counting up when the amber fuel light comes on) read 33.9 miles (54 km) when I ran out of fuel.

I’m just back from a 1400 miles road trip (2200km).
The consumption was 0,49L/10km, which equals 48mpg.
Do note that the average speed was 79km/h, which equapls 49mph.
So more than half the distance was high speed highway traveling thus the avg speed.
And the onboard bike computer was quite accurate when calculating at the gas stops for refueling.
So for touring the V100 consumption is practically spot on MG technical specification.
I can’t complain about that! 😉
More exciting local afternoon trips will need more gas, but that is very okey.
We don’t drive such bikes for absolute eco driving…

Back