• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

'00 Quota's Awesome............

guzikid

Just got it firing!
I love my Quota.....it only took me 6 years to get one !!!! But, now, I have this urge to add a new Guzzi to my humble premise. After all, a guy can't just have "one" Guzzi can he ???? The Kid B)

I too have a Quota. I too, want to add a second Guzzi to my stable. I too, am a "kid", relatively speaking, in the Guzzi crowd.

Guzzikid, if its not too late, don't get married. It will significantly curtail your Guzzi purchasing prowess.

And where I'm from, Quota's are "wicked" awesome.

Had my Q for 7 years going on 8. I just bought a 03 stone. as my second Guzzi. It is a blast. It goes around corners a lit better than it should. But on the road the Q is the better machine. It is a lot smoother. It handles the seams in the concrete better.
A Jackal, Stone or EV would be a good second bike especially around town. I almost always ride the Stone to work now.
Both bikes are great. Each has a purpose.

It's too late for your wise advice about getting married......and your right, I have to beg, pout, plead, trade, trick, or barter for any motorcycle that I fancy !!!!! But, At least I can go visit dealerships and drool, slobber, and lust over the new (used also?) bikes and hopefully get to test ride one or two..........And then I go hug my Quota-My True Love !!!! The Kid :woohoo:

Guzkid,
Before I bought my Quota my wife said NO! so I went and looked around and found a deal on a demo bike. I brought the brocure home and told her I was buying it and that it was a bargain. She relented, said she didnt want to hear any whining if I got hurt. I had just kept talking about it. I think she got tired of hearing me. Then financed it through the credit union so she would not see the payment each month to remind her.
Being the tinkerer that I am I started making exhaust systems. Now I have the 2 bikes. When there are other bikes in the garage she isnt sure which is mine.
Read an article about a guy who collected guns. When he started out the wife always knew how many guns he had. He would takethem apart and bring them in in pieces that he said he picked up at a yard sale. After a while the wife referred to them as "all those guns". Thats when he knew he was in, she lost count.
Women dont realize a guy has to have "Things" no matter what it is. I buy tools, welders and motorcycles.

Hi ,i do abit of off roading and would like to turn up on something different it would still be in use on roads so tyre information would be of interest .Any of you took your bikes off road ?any information that might be of interest would be welcome.

Johnno, we have a guy in Las Vegas that is a pretty hardcore off-roader on his Quota. I'll try and get him to post here. Otherwise Papasloan can likely comment more on his behalf.

I will share my secret with you. When I add a new Guzzi, I just tell the missus we're storing it for Pete Roper, it started a number of years ago when Pete's buddy dropped off an Indian for a few months, then Pete's Scura is here, now I just keep Pete's fleet running and batteries charged.... it works for me, and pete has been known to travel all over the US, I'm sure for the asking, Pete will validate to your missus by email.....

RacerX wrote:
Johnno, we have a guy in Las Vegas that is a pretty hardcore off-roader on his Quota. I'll try and get him to post here. Otherwise Papasloan can likely comment more on his behalf.
Thanks. i must be mad but this bike really got my interest

Talk about multible bikes...........A few years ago "Franz" from the "Spare Parts Company" in philly told me when he as a dealer for Guzzi, he had a customer buy a new bike about every year or so, the only odd thing, is Franz had to paint the new bike gloss black before he would take delivery of it. After this went on for a few years, Franz aske the guy 'what's up with painting all your bikes black?' He said his customer had lots of bikes and when he met his wife, they came to an agreement for him to sell them all except for one. Well the one he kept was an old norton if I remember. So when it came time to purchase a newer bike, he painted all of them black so she never new he got a new bike for all those years. To her there was always a black motorycle in the garage :eek:hmy:

Back