• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 Sport Factory Stage 1 Exhaust

dnovo

Just got it firing!
When I purchased a new 2008 1200 Sport recently I was also able to source a factory Stage 1 exhaust kit. After putting a hundred miles or so on the stock bike, I was pleasantly surprised by it's ride and handling, particularly for a large and heavy bike compared to my 2011 Speed triple. The ride was more 'plush' but it still cornered quite well albeit not as 'flickable' as the lighter and more focused Triumph.

Bolting on the Stage 1 pipes, which included a new ECU and removed the cat and air box, was a revalation. Besides a noticeable weight reduction and the loss of the tractor like exhaust note, especially at idle, the extra power is readily apparent from the get go. More responsive and freer revving all through the rev range. Finally sounds like a true Italian sport bike as well.

The kit is also designed to fit the Sport. It bolts on neatly, using one of the Bunge cord hooks to secure it to the upper left just below the saddle.

Far superior to any of the aftermarket systems available IMHO. If you can find one for your Sport, grab it.

By the way, why did Guzzi drop this model? Poor marketing decision from my point of view. Dave

They only dropped the 1200 Sport in the US where you can still pick up new leftovers that are 3 years old.

I liked the looks of the high exhaust but use my bags too much to have that option taken away from me. My guess is that with the aftermarket options out there I'm not giving away much in terms of power and I can still throw the panniers on for a long weekend away from home.

Would not agree with the "tractor exhaust note", I think the 1200 Sport had one of the nicest stock exhaust notes on a modern bike, period. Especially so compared to a speed triple, which had very little note as standard.

If you want to hear a tractor note, have a listen to a Triumph Rocket, they also look like a tractor too....

Yes the stage one kit is nice, however it is very noisy. I rode a demo with it fitted, and whilst it was fun for a short ride it would give me a headache, very noisy under acceleration. Added to which, it is not road legal, which could create problems with police (a distinct possibility with the noise and lack of Cat) and definitely with yearly road inspections (in Australia anyway).

Horses for courses I guess....

I ride in Wisconsin, home of Harley, and where each one has an aftermarket exhaust that give new dimension to the term LOUD!!! The stage one on the 1200 sounds like a Prius by comparison, and the local police could not care less. Dave

The stage 1 is loud if you make it so, equally you make it purr.... just control your throttle... and slip into an appropriate gear... get outside the town/village.... then let rip :D
Adam

Back