• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 Sport handlebar ?

2Laner

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Any opinions on Pro Taper Evo Pastrana handlebar replacement for stock 1200 Sport? I'm going to order one as after 30K with originals and deciding this bike is a keeper, I need something more conducive to my old bones. Any advice and/or opinions appreciated. I know I will need to modify for bar ends. Or are anti-vibe bar ends necessary? Any opinions on more comfy grips? Happy Holidays to everyone. Todd, its your fault I love this bike so much. Damm your reflash, PCV, autotune thing.

I have Renthal bars on one of my 1200 Sports, Aprilia Mana bars on the other two. The latter ones will take the threaded insert to hold the bar end weights, but I believe an 18mm spark plug tap will create the thread. Both bars are similar, and don't know if I can tell any difference between them. Have no experience with the Pro Taper Evo Pastrana versions.

For grips, I prefer the comfort of the larger diameter that the heated grips provides. And there's a bonus for when the riding gets a little chilly.

Thanks for the input Dave. I just ordered the EVO Pastrana and Pro Grip 699. I was looking for something to do away with that odd inward bend on OEM bars. Wasn't really looking for a more upright/pulled back bar. I enjoy the forward weight bias with low bars as I feel more in control. may regret not going with the Mana bar, time will tell. I agree, a fatter grip is more comfy on my big yams. I'll post again with my experience.

Hey 2laner, please post a pics and let us know how it goes. I've got a '07 Breva with 1200 sport risers and stock 1200 sport bars. I tried to fit a set of renthal 671's but the switchgear from the breva is wider than the 1200 sports switches so the renthals placed my clutch and brake too far inward and there fore tilted slightly because of the bend in the bar. I also tapped the bar ends with an 18mm sparkplug tap but it didn't work out and I had to go back to the 1200 sport stock bars. Lately I have been looking at the Pro Taper bars as an alternative. I'm hoping that it work out for you and then I'll do the same. Good Luck and let us know !! :)

Bars + grips arrived today. I like them a lot. Tempted to mount them as is without anti-vibe bar ends but I know it will be better with them. I'm going to run them up to a machine shop tomorrow (if opened) to have them threaded and cut off 3/4" from each end. Anybody know what kind of lubricant is used under the throttle. The grease on OEM is in excellent shape and slippery as anything. Is this something I can pick up a local NAPA/Autozone joint?

Well got this done about 5 weeks ago but have not posted because I have yet to find opportunity to test ride. This post is in response to a PM I received. Worked out fine. Time and Wx have conspired against me. I ended up spending about $100 for a metric Tap/Die set(half price Sears deal) and it took 4 stops before I found a machine shop to tackle project. Depending on where you live, perhaps your machine shop options may be better. They only charged me $20.00 to drill and tap the bar ends once I supplied tap. I had to loosen some cable slake for the clutch side. I like the bars very much just sitting on bike. That weird inward bend is gone with I believe a little more rise. The fitments of all the pieces, grips, integrated brake/mirrors, clutch etc., just fits. My Guzzi dealer mechanic suggested no lubrication under throttle housing. I can always go back and grease it up if needed. Like I said, was a little reluctant to make any firm statements until a ride. I do like the look. Good bars. Highly recommended so far anyway. Thanks for the interest.

Back