• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 Sport with the power kit

Zapa

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I've been riding my mechanic's 1200S today. He installed the Stage 1 kit from Guzzi and I have to say I'm quite impressed. Throttle control is finer, and the extra oopmh down low is quite noticeable -it's got 115BHP now-.
But the most impressing thing is the sound. OMG I'm going to have wet dreams tonight! Those double pipes without DB-killer (none is provided) are AWESOME.

After he installs the PC-V he's going to make a mine vs. his to check differences.

Mike.C wrote:
Ah Zap, I always suspected you were a hoon :)

What is a "stage 1 kit"
I had to look up hoon :laugh: .My downunder slang is improving a lot in this board ;)

Racing Kit
Moto Guzzi is also releasing a Two-Stage tuning kit for the 1200 Sport:
Stage 1
1. Dedicated velocity stacks
2. Complete 2in2 exhaust system
3. Racing ECU

Stage 2
1. Polished ports on racing high-compression heads kit.
2. Dedicated velocity stacks
3. Complete 2in2 exhaust system
4. Racing ECU

moto-guzzi-1200-sport-rear.jpg

Bugger me, sounds expensive. Seems comprehensive though - should transform the bike I would have thought.

Oh and glad to see I'm erdumacating you in teh ways of the Great Southern Land.

Hoon: is used to refer to one who drives in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily or dangerously. Hoon activities can include speeding, burnouts, doughnuts or screeching tires. :woohoo:

I know someone who has the Stage 1 kit added to his Sport. While modest in the HP gain department, the extra torque/power enable the loss of traction of the rear tyre on a fistfull of throttle. Sounds really nice though. When I get rich...

I seem to recall the Stage 1 kit preserved road-legality, which would mean a db-killer ought to be provide...

RJVB said:
I seem to recall the Stage 1 kit preserved road-legality, which would mean a db-killer ought to be provide...
As far as I know, none of the kits were intended for road use and it was said so in the official site too. My mechanic and ex-Guzzi dealer told me that there was no gadgets for the exhaust.

115bhp?

Are we really sure about that? A friend's standard 2 valve 1200 Sport makes about 77bhp at the back wheel, the 4 valve about 95bhp at the wheel.

Sounds like it feels good to ride anyway! :twisted:

Crank power, no doubt. Original is said to give 95, plus 20 with the Stage I kit. It's probably around 95 at the wheel, but he didn't dyno it.

I'll try to make a video when I go there to recover my black beast :D

My understanding is the Stage 1 kit adds around 10HP. If you look at the pieces that are being done here:
- Airbox mod 3HP;
- Exhaust Mod 5HP;
- ECU mod 2HP;

These numbers are in line with current attempts to improve the rather asthmatic breathing of the Euro 3 compliant models. Remember no additional things have been done to make the engine develop more HP other than breathing and low down fueling

Back