Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

1976 V1000 for sale in Victoria

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by tobinh, May 21, 2020.

1. tobinh

tobinh Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Mayakovski likes this.
  2. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

3. cole

cole Just got it firing!

She used to be mine years ago. Sat my Canadian license test on her. Engine had a nice set of Nikisil plated cylinders and a matching set of pistons installed and she ended up so fast you hardly ever got it past 2nd gear. Took her from 60HP to about 90HP if I remember correctly. Hopefully the seller still has all the paperwork. She's a monster. Had a black cafe racer fairing last time I saw her. Glad to see she's still looking good at her age.

tobinh and Mayakovski like this.
  4. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

She's interesting and cool but $5,500 !!!

I'm blown away by the prices in Canada for a 44 year old cobbled-up motorcycle.

5. Nordicnorm

Nordicnorm Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

It' only the price if he gets it.....

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  6. tobinh

tobinh Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

it's a smaller market, and Guzzis are already pretty uncommon, so if you want one you don't get much choices. that has to do good things for the prices I suppose?

7. scottmastrocinque

I guess that depends upon whether you are a seller or a buyer! LOL. It is way way overly expensive for the US market though.

tobinh likes this.
  8. davewrites

davewrites Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Well, that is his asking price and you may also be overlooking currency differences.

Let's say he someone talks him down to $5,200 CAD, which is approx. $3,700 USD by today's exchange rate. I would assume that lines up well with the US market. Vintage bikes in excellent condition aren't given away.

9. scottmastrocinque

I did not realize the CAD was so poor against the USD.

Excellent condition?

We have VERY DIFFERENT ideas about that bike’s condition. To my eye, it’s a cobbled together mess, but it doesn’t matter because one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Like my Dad used to say, “There’s a butt for every seat.”

I wish him a successful sale.

10. cole

cole Just got it firing!

It's gone from Craigslist so maybe he got what he wanted. I can't remember what I sold it for back in 2008? but it might of been about $5500. I remember it had no turn signals and no side stand. Don't really miss it.