• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1st. guzzi V7 classic!

1st guzzi

Just got it firing!
Wow after 40 years having a 650 Bonneville, HD Sportster, 750 k Honda and now the best handling and smoothest the Moto Guzzi V7. It shifts so nice and corners great. I traded in my 2007 HD 883R in for the guzzi. Wow am I impressed. I have the pearl white and she only has 150 miles on her in two days. I commute 25 mile one way to work at highway speeds. First impression no vibrations in the foot pegs and smooth seamless power. I get to work and one of the other bikers says,( wow did you restore that bike?) At the gas station another fellow says,( that is a nice old bike). Then another guy in a car rolls down his window and says,What is that bike ,I never seen one before.) Then in my small town a young lady gives me the thumbs up and says,( Nice Guzzi). The only problem I have is cold starting ,but I,m getting better at it. I like a challenge. A few coats of wax and she is great. At 56 years old I feel like a man with a new toy. Life is good,amen.

For cold starting, slowly open the throttle while turning the engine over. I've found that helps with our 750. Give her a few seconds to stabilize then ride off easy to warm everything up together.

Congratulations on your V7C. Did you happen to purchase your Guzzi at All Seasons in Wooster, Ohio? If so, I took that bike for two test rides and only put about 15 miles on it . That's all it took to make my decision to purchase one. My 07 Breva 1100 is sitting on the show room floor now. Once it is sold, I'm buying a pearl white V7C too. Steve called me the day you picked yours up to let me know it was gone. Really happy for you. My Breva is a wonderful bike, but my arthritic hands and shoulder give me fits moving the heavier Breva in the garage, driveway and parking lots. The weight and weight distribution of the V7C is just perfect for me. Also, at 62 , I really don't require any more HP than the smaller engine puts out.
One question I do have though. I found the shifter to be positioned too low for me to be comfortable. I had to point my foot way down to get it under the shifter . I found this annoying . Did this happen to you too or did it feel ok to you.?
Have fun and might see you down at the dealer on a saturday morning. Lots of folks show up on saturday to just bs. Max

Yes I did and Steve Foote took care of us very well. A super gentleman and no pressure salesman. I too like the weight and low center of gravity. I was looking the same as you very a docile,smooth and gentle to ride bike with good looks,performance and old school looks. She is very user friendly and easy to ride with smooth shifting and sure footness on twist and curves of the back roads. My sporty was ok ,but is a young mans bike thats more like a carival amusement ride all noise and vibration. I don,t see what the deal is with Harleys. Well been there and know better today. Will stop down another Sat. morn. Keep me imformed ,Best Dave,Happy V7 Motto-Guzzi owner. P.S., tell Steve we said Hello from Medina.

Sorry,but I forgot to say shifter is ok for me and both foot controls feel very even and balanced for me. I,m about 6ft. and long legged.Hope it don,t rain to much today. I have been doing the break in routine with speeds and rpm changes and slow even take offs and stops to set everything in order. By the way the retro 883roadster Sportster I traded in is a clean well maintained for bike that was rode easy. But was not for me.

max said:
One question I do have though. I found the shifter to be positioned too low for me to be comfortable. I had to point my foot way down to get it under the shifter . I found this annoying . Did this happen to you too or did it feel ok to you.?
Max

Max, you can change the shifter's position. The shift and connecting rod are cast as one piece, but under the bike you'll see the linkage connection. Disconnect, rotate the shifter up or down, and re-connect. It's simple once you look at it.

1st Guzzi, Congratulations! I really like mine. It's a keeper. It's got all the hp a person needs and it's an easy, work-horse machine. Others have mentioned cold start problems, although mine starts fine.

Joe

I can start her first time now and know the drill. She fires right up,thanks.

Thanks Joe for the advice. I'll do that as soon as the new V7C arrives. I dropped in at the dealer this afternoon and Steve had another pearl white V7C on its' way already. It will hopefully be here by friday of next week. Really looking forward to riding during some of this wonderful spring weather. Going to order the sump extender too. Eventually new shocks and fork spring upgrade as well. Might save that for winter project though. Thanks again for the info on the shifter placement. Max

Glad yours will be in soon. Pushing it around and moving in tight places is very easy.Me and the wife rode a hour or so today. She drove her scooter and me the V7.Even went for ice cream. How much will the sump pan extension cost? I did see a nice little luggage rack on one of the home page sites for $160 that will replace the chrome pipe under the seat and maybe add a Giva box to it. As soon as I get get near 1000 miles I will take her in to be serviced. Good luck and hope to see you down in Wooster some time in the future. Best ,Dave

Congratulations with your new bike :)

be aware: it gets under your skin:

18.000Km and counting:

12e4lv.jpg

12e4lu.jpg

12e4lw.jpg

(pictures taken 14days ago at the "primavera" in Belgium)

Have fun with the bike,
I know I do !!!

Christiaan

1st guzzi said:
Glad yours will be in soon. Pushing it around and moving in tight places is very easy.Me and the wife rode a hour or so today. She drove her scooter and me the V7.Even went for ice cream. How much will the sump pan extension cost? I did see a nice little luggage rack on one of the home page sites for $160 that will replace the chrome pipe under the seat and maybe add a Giva box to it. As soon as I get get near 1000 miles I will take her in to be serviced. Good luck and hope to see you down in Wooster some time in the future. Best ,Dave

Keep an eye on the oil level for the first several thousand miles especially with out an extender and make sure you really tighten the oil dipstick cap not with a wrench but as tight as you can using hand and fingers.

Sump spacer will set you back about 300 bucks, It was the first upgrade I did on my V7C

https://www.guzzitech.com/store/Sumspacer.html

1st guzzi said:
Dave I saw the extension mentioned on this website as a $300 item. From what I've read about it, it is a very solid and suggested investment. You don't really lose that much in ground clearance either. There is a gentleman that frequents this website that goes by the name of Danillo. He has a website of his own and much of it is dedicated to his experiance with his own new V7C. He is a good writer and I think you and your Mrs. would enjoy reading what he has to say. He is quite entertaining in my opinion. Ofcourse , my daughters have reminded me more than once that I am easily entertained. Still not sure what they're trying to tell me. Anyway, there is quite a bit on the sump extender in the earlier entries from several months ago on here. Do a search and you will find a wealth of info on the V7C even though it is a new model. As you can tell, I love this website. Max

I second Draidt's recommendation to do something with the dipstick cap. The unique engine vibes of the 750s cause it to rotate out of the hole on its own, unless tighten with a wrench or wired in place.

I drilled a hole in the cap and wired it to the frame with some soft wire (not safety wire). Others have done more elaborate fixes.

Joe

max said:
1st guzzi said:
Dave I saw the extension mentioned on this website as a $300 item. From what I've read about it, it is a very solid and suggested investment. You don't really lose that much in ground clearance either. There is a gentleman that frequents this website that goes by the name of Danillo. He has a website of his own and much of it is dedicated to his experiance with his own new V7C. He is a good writer and I think you and your Mrs. would enjoy reading what he has to say. He is quite entertaining in my opinion. Ofcourse , my daughters have reminded me more than once that I am easily entertained. Still not sure what they're trying to tell me. Anyway, there is quite a bit on the sump extender in the earlier entries from several months ago on here. Do a search and you will find a wealth of info on the V7C even though it is a new model. As you can tell, I love this website. Max

You can look for any Nevada or Breva posting as well. They are basically the same bikes, it's mostly the bling and the wheels that makes the differences.

The famous sumpspacer

270185430_fdcfde086a.jpg

Mounted:

270185440_1c4272e2c9.jpg

Told to be available in black on request also, nowadays.

How much more oil does this add? Been checking oil level put on 300 miles so far. Today near 100 effort less miles. Puts fun back into the ride. Thankyou Motto-Guzzi.

It'll add about or slightly less than 1 liter. I'm filling 2,75 liters to the mark.
Oil consumption isn't really the issue when broken in; at sensible driving there isn't any.
But when driving with some inspiration it can consume quite a lot. :whistle:

The only problem I have is cold starting ,but I,m getting better at it. I like a challenge.

Make sure the latest mapping was done before you picked up your bike. Mine was hard starting, had the mapping done and now starts on first push of the button. :D Oh I almost forgot, congratulations, I also went from a Bonnie, sold my Sportster and there has been no looking back :lol:

Bill

No oil usage yet and I have been checking. Had some fun with the the Harley guys today. Rode in with my Italian Nolan pudding helmet with 3m colored 2 inch wide tape in green,white and red in stripes across the top . Italian flag,ciao!!

:D Hot Dog ! My new V7C arrived at All Seasons today. :woohoo: They are closed for the holiday "till thursday of next week , so will pick it up friday I imagine. Ordered a tail bag from RKA today and hope it doesn't take too long to arrive. I'll ask them to raise the shifter a bit while they are assembling the bike. I am really excited about owning and riding this bike. It really caught my attention at a time when the retro designs didn't really interest me , or so I thought . But they certainly do now obviously. I'll order the sump spacer at time of purchase and have that installed at the 1st oil change. Can't wait to hop on it and enjoy the sunny weather we have been blessed with in Ohio. Max , One very happy old guy! :laugh:

Congrats Max,did you get white or black? I was there Thursday and picked up a Motto-Guzzi T-shirt. I intend to get the chrome luggage rack and add a small Givi box to it. So far no oil usage or loss in 600 miles and 7 days of riding. Best enjoy.Dave

Back