• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2 into 1 pipes Question..

ARVENO

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello Folks what's up ?

I see a lot of serious racers use 2 into 1 pipes , the ones which goes underneath the sump.

Please see this pic :

I think they use them to have more ground clearance..... but i was wondering if is there any other reason ?
Do those pipes perform better than the traditional pipes ?

I love the look of the Lafranconi Competizione , but i love also the look of the 2 into 1 .

Any idea ? advice ? witness ? highly appreciate...

thanks
Marco

Attachments

• mcmillan_v7_sport_racer.jpg
    mcmillan_v7_sport_racer.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 577
Some may disagree, but in my experience (one of those "racer" types) a properly designed and built two into one offers a larger spread of power (more area under the curve) and less weight then a two into two system.
We raced Ducati's a few years back. Our first racebike started with a two into two system, we switched to a custom built two into one and gained more torque and a wider spread of power. Sometimes it is not about maximum power output but the sum total of the power output. That can result in faster acceleration as you run it up through the gears.
Plus I like the sound of a two into one better.

GuzziMoto said:
Some may disagree, but in my experience (one of those "racer" types) a properly designed and built two into one offers a larger spread of power (more area under the curve) and less weight then a two into two system.
We raced Ducati's a few years back. Our first racebike started with a two into two system, we switched to a custom built two into one and gained more torque and a wider spread of power. Sometimes it is not about maximum power output but the sum total of the power output. That can result in faster acceleration as you run it up through the gears.
Plus I like the sound of a two into one better.

Hey Man, thank you for you witness , i 've found one of those 2 into 1 headers and i am going to give it a shot , i think that for a daily driver won't be a big difference.... from the stock pipes... i hope to gain some "extra" power on the low rpm range.

Maybe when i will have 600 dollars in my pocket i will buy the Lafranconi competizione... :D

Cheers
Marco

It sure will make an oil and filter change a pain. You will need to drop the exhaust to perform routine maintenance. Is the gain worth the trouble?

Here's a thread you should look at:

Dr John 2-1 Exhausts EOI at Guzzi Exchange Australia

mickbike.jpg

john zibell said:
It sure will make an oil and filter change a pain. You will need to drop the exhaust to perform routine maintenance. Is the gain worth the trouble?

John, i hear you, oil change will be easy with a external oil filter...without is a PITA , but why i see a lot of track racer using this kind of exhaust ?

ground clearance ? performance ? i don't think ( can be wrong ) it's just for "look" or less weight.

thanks
Marco

Marco, 2-1's are developed for power, typically on a dyno with extensive time spent. It's not usually a ground clearance issue, but I'm sure it helps.
Our pipe below offers midrange like you wouldn't believe, with some sacrifice on top end power (which is not where the 2V motors like to live anyway). There are many books in print that cover Dr. John's efforts above, which he is still around and if you can get him on the phone, he enjoys talking about.
A 2-1-2 makes the best top end power.

Our full stainless 2-1, click pic below:

GT-Rx said:
Marco, 2-1's are developed for power, typically on a dyno with extensive time spent. It's not usually a ground clearance issue, but I'm sure it helps.
Our pipe below offers midrange like you wouldn't believe, with some sacrifice on top end power (which is not where the 2V motors like to live anyway). There are many books in print that cover Dr. John's efforts above, which he is still around and if you can get him on the phone, he enjoys talking about.
A 2-1-2 makes the best top end power.

Our full stainless 2-1, click pic below:

WOW !! that's a HELL of an exhaust....
I understand that develop an exhaust system takes time and effort .
I came across a cheap 2 into 1 header like the one in the pic in my first post , so i started my search for info about pros and cons ecc...

I come from the HD's world , i still ride a 78 and a 66 shovelhead bikes...and both bikes have 2 into 1 , i like it better than 2 into 2 , also it seems performing better at low rpm. ( an old harley motor is not meant to ride high rpm anyway...) so i thought , i would like to try it on my guzzi.
As said before i love the look of the Lafranconi but i cannot afford them.... so in the meantime i wanted to play with those 2 into 1 .... i did a search on line and i saw lotta of pics of guzzis "racers" with the same 2 into 1 I got , then here i am asking around what do you guys think about it.

Sure your exhaust system is a killer, maybe if my boss will give me a bonus ..... :lol: ...i'll get it...

Anyway , thanks a lot !!

Cheers
Marco

Just checked the forecast weather.... NY looks like is gonna rain...damn..... :(

Back