• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2006 Breva 1100 Rear Brake Lever

circlip

Just got it firing!
I knocked my Breva over in the driveway (I hate when that happens). No real damage, but I sheared the pivot bolt to the rear brake lever. I ordered a replacement from Harpers. That took a few weeks since it had to come from Italy. In the meantime I grew inpatient so I ordered titanium version from AF1. Of course they showed up on almost the same day. I extracted the broken bolt and when to install the titanium version. It will not fit through the hole in the lever! So, I grabbed the stock bolt - same results! Then I tried the original, broken bolt. That won't fit either.

Is there a trick to this like freezing the bolt? Has anyone else broken this bolt?

Rear Brake Lever Pin, part #AP8121223. It gets installed with a rubber O-ring on each side of the brake lever and, of course, I also managed to lose one. I would guess that the bolt (pin) should slide right into the hole in the brake lever, but it has too large a diameter to fit.

Perhaps you've managed to distort the hole in your lever. Hopefully you can restore it with a drill of the correct dimensions.

That would be the brake lever pin, item 24 on Tab 32 of the parts manual.

I'd say Kiwi Dave nailed it. Instead of a drill, you might try a small hone, or rolled sandpaper until the bolt goes through easily. Remember it has to rotate on that bolt. A little dry lube probably wouldn't hurt either. You should be able to get an o-ring at a hardware store.

Thanks. I did get the pin out, but it did not drop out I had to mess with it a bit. So maybe the lever got twisted when the bike went down. I'll give the sandpaper a shot.

Back