• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2007 Griso 1100 with ECU 54 Error Code

Beaufort

Tuned and Synch'ed
So ten days ago I rode a wonderful 220 mile loop with GuzziBob on Hwy33.
The bike was flawless.

Since then, I've had the battery on a tender just for good measure.

Today I go to start the *&#^%!! bike and I get the dreaded SERVICE warning.
The engine turns and turns but it won't fire.

Diagnostics menu says ECU 54.
I've done some searching on the forum and found this.
Would the Breva code be the same for my Griso?
If so, then what's an "Instrument Pannel" error? (The bike has been warm, dry, and comfy in my garage.)

Thanks for any help.

Beufort

It may be a faulty connection to the dash. Did you check the connectors? Also check the connectors to the ECU.

Error codes are all the same for each of the CARC models. As John says, could be something simple like the connection, hopefully nothing worse. The panel communicates with the dash for a handful of things. You tried a shut down and re-start? If it remains, try a disconnect of the battery ground.

Thanks, Gents.
I have to leave town right after work, so I'll try your suggestions next week - sooner if I can!

Well, I couldn't find anything wrong with any connections.
Gave up and took the bike to the dealer.
Dealer hooked it up to the diagnostic machine and got some curious error codes.
  • CAN Line Error
  • Throttle Sensor
  • Idle Sensor
  • Coolant Temperature Sensor :?:

Anyway, the dealer cleared the error codes, and now the bike runs like a dream again.
I really dig this bike. I hope I'm done with these error codes. :whistle:

Hi all, just joined this forum so hello to everyone.
I have a 2007 Griso 1100, i love it, how it looks how it rides how it feels and the fact that guzzi have kept that strange little ingredient that keeps you going back to a guzzi time and time again,anyone agree with that?

Anyway i gave the old girl an oil and filter change last week then the battery went flat, so off with the battery,quick charge then off for a ride, straight off i have a red warning triangle and in bold letters the word service and the speedo wont work, is this something i have done ?

pete roper said:
Has it been wet or did you wash the bike?

Pete
Hi pete, went for a ride the day before the oil change and it was raining but all was fine during the ride

Beaufort said:
Might want to look here, GuzziLuv.
Ahh Beaufort that looks promising, thanks very much, will try that tomorrow, its easy to panic and think its going to cost a fortune when an idiot light comes on!!

Back