Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

2007 Moto GUzzi California Vintage Top Case

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by Vintagehoarder, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Vintagehoarder

Vintagehoarder Tuned and Synch'ed

Going to pick my new to me Calvin next week. So, I've been doing some research and one old thread on the wild goose forum had a question that came to my mind as well when I was checking out the bike. So I thought I would ask it here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the quote from the old thread which sums it up as well as I could.

"Included with the bike, was a Moto Guzzi branded leather top box that I've never seen before. Shaped like a small vinyl carry on luggage bag, and has a carry handle on the end so you can take it with you. But.....but bizarrely it seems permanently mounted with allen screws to the chrome rear rack,so you can't take it anywhere? Am I missing something here?"

Was there or did anyone ever some up with a quick release option for this, I love the look and function, but would be nice to be able to just snap off when you get to you destination.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. mkstewed

mkstewed Tuned and Synch'ed

Mine has a nice looking vinyl insert that fits perfectly, with a handle, that you can take with you.

3. Vintagehoarder

Vintagehoarder Tuned and Synch'ed

Ahhh that's what's missing with mine then. Thanks.