• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2008 stelvio buy or not?

dale2366

Just got it firing!
hi i would like buy a 2008 stelvio its got 18,000 miles on it and full service history i can just about afford to buy this bike but i am a bit worried by the dreaded cam problems i keep reading about on the net, is it just a small chance on a few bikes or is it big problem on the stelvio i really cant afford and big repair after buying the bike any advice thanks would i be better to wait and save more cash to buy a later model stelvio

Get the VIN#, and call the local dealer and have them run it to see if it has the update. If money is an issue for purchase and related, it might be more ideal to wait to buy a newer model.

Mines an 08, had it since 2009, it had the cam recall done, also the fork leg, speed sensor and engine rear oil seal. Now done 33000 miles. Also got Todd's ECU flash and PCV and a few other bits. if you want a chat then send me a PM and I'll give you a call, I'm in Cheshire/south Lakes

Mines an 08, had it since 2009, it had the cam recall done, also the fork leg, speed sensor and engine rear oil seal. Now done 33000 miles. Also got Todd's ECU flash and PCV and a few other bits. if you want a chat then send me a PM and I'll give you a call, I'm in Cheshire/south Lakes
hi thanks for the reply ive just sold my bmw gs so i am now on the lookout for a nice stelvio just a bit of putting with the cam issue

I did the cam(modify to rollers) at 26000 MIles. The Parts which came out were still fine. Now I have 33000 Miles and the bike runs perfect. Maybe you can make a deal with the dealer. Modify it to rollers and then you buy it. However nobody knows when the standard cam will fail. Some will never and some already at 2000 miles. Its a greatbike and every brand has its speciality. If you burn good oil 10w60 the change the cam fails is minor.

Hi guys im am new to all this. I have just got a 2008 one pick it up on saturday. Have I dun the rigth thing? I understand that the cams go on these is it an expensive job? are they good for everyday use? My dose not come with a toolkit so I am going to put one together any ideas what to put in it that I would need for the bike.

There is modification kit with rollers. Guzzi pays the part for warrenty even of a 2008. But it must have been maintained by a Guzzi Dealer. There is however a lot written on this forum. Don't panic, its a great bike and when it's good now after ...... Km just take care you burn good oil. I'm confinced that using wrong viscosity and bad maintenace is the main cause for failure.

There is modification kit with rollers. Guzzi pays the part for warrenty even of a 2008. But it must have been maintained by a Guzzi Dealer. There is however a lot written on this forum. Don't panic, its a great bike and when it's good now after ...... Km just take care you burn good oil. I'm confinced that using wrong viscosity and bad maintenace is the main cause for failure.
hi thanks for the reply i am now no the look out for a bike will post up soon when i find one

hi i would like buy a 2008 stelvio its got 18,000 miles on it and full service history i can just about afford to buy this bike but i am a bit worried by the dreaded cam problems i keep reading about on the net, is it just a small chance on a few bikes or is it big problem on the stelvio i really cant afford and big repair after buying the bike any advice thanks would i be better to wait and save more cash to buy a later model stelvio
ok ive just got myself a 2012 stelvio ntx its done 10500 miles not had a chance to get out on it yet cant wait but need to insure it cant on a sunday my insurance company is shut aaaarrrrrr have to wait

ok ive just got myself a 2012 stelvio ntx its done 10500 miles not had a chance to get out on it yet cant wait but need to insure it cant on a sunday my insurance company is shut aaaarrrrrr have to wait
just got back from first ride on the ntx nice ride but while riding i had a lot of movement from the handle bars is this normal looks like they have a rubber mount to the top yolk ??

just got back from first ride on the ntx nice ride but while riding i had a lot of movement from the handle bars is this normal looks like they have a rubber mount to the top yolk ??

No stock rubber mount. Metal on metal all the way. Sounds aftermarket. Does it have Rox Antivibe Risers. Post a pic if you can.

No stock rubber mount. Metal on metal all the way. Sounds aftermarket. Does it have Rox Antivibe Risers. Post a pic if you can.
I've looked at the bike and it's just got rubber washers inbetween the top yolk and the raisers that clamp the bars think i will take Them out don't seem right to me

Yup, not stock. Sounds like someone was trying to dampen out some of the vibes. Best cure for that is more miles and properly balanced TBs.

Back