• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2010 Griso newbie...

pete roper said:
errm....

It's a plastic tank. No cover.no, a magnetic tank bag won't stick to it.

Pete
:lol: :lol:
Yeah, that's why I've lost my "SpongeBob" fridge magnet... :mrgreen: :blush:
For the rest there is almost no difference with a steel tank.
The flow of gasoline goes as quikly as you're used to, the costs will stay... :blink:

I wish you a lot, a lot of fun and happyness with your (red) G, mine is black.
But my Harley is also black... :side: my car is black... :silly:
my wife...? no, but that isn't the reason for loving her... :whistle:

Have fun.
Ad B

So I went for a ride after coming home from vacation. I rode 20 miles up the freeway at about 70 mph. I stopped and filled it up with super and it lost idle. Bike would start and rev fine, but wouldn't idle. I got to my destination by using a manual idle (hold throttle open). I spent 30 minutes there and it has ran fine since. It was dry out (I'm afraid to ride it in the rain because of the ECU issues). Bike only has 500ish miles on it. Not what I expect from a new, modern motorcycle.

schimenator said:
So I went for a ride after coming home from vacation. I rode 20 miles up the freeway at about 70 mph. I stopped and filled it up with super and it lost idle. Bike would start and rev fine, but wouldn't idle. I got to my destination by using a manual idle (hold throttle open). I spent 30 minutes there and it has ran fine since. It was dry out (I'm afraid to ride it in the rain because of the ECU issues). Bike only has 500ish miles on it. Not what I expect from a new, modern motorcycle.

I am trying to feel sympathy for you, but "vacation?" I've heard of those. Last one I took beyond a long weekend was in 2006. Sigh.

And, you rode today. Sheesh. Maybe I can in late March. Maybe.

But, seriously, I think all of us can appreciate your frustration at what you experienced today. That said, I am not entirely sure that your "new, modern motorcycle" is the culprit.

I just reread your post. In fact, reread the whole thread.

Any number of possibilities, but I'll think dealer issues first, given your own uncertain assessment of their service department, i.e., the guys -- not the sales folks -- who set your G12 up for delivery. They may be a fine lot, but inexperienced. This is one reason so many of us here sing the praises of the established and proven Guzzi dealers, e.g., Rose Farm Classics, MPH, and a few (very few) more.

Not sure long it's been since you've ridden it, or how empty the tank at refill, but those circumstances raise some potential villains, too.

Don't mean to sound like an apologist for Guzzi, and I've been at the side of the road (not yet with the Griso!), cursing anyone associated with Mandello.

I suspect someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in with some likely causes for the symptoms you report. That is one of the great strengths of this board. It's the rare issue that Dr. Roper and others here cannot resolve.

Best wishes,

Bill

It had sat for about 3 weeks.
The fuel light came on less than 5 miles before I got gas.
I hadn't thought about initial set up. It hadn't given me any problems in the limited mileage I've got on it.
If it makes you feel better I went on vacation to Wyoming in February. Not exactly laying out on the beach.

Back