• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2010 NTX factory heated grips PROBLEM?

tristan

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi I dont know if any one else has had this problem.
But I have just plugged in my factory grips which came with the bike as an extra.
I go to the setting on the dash and i can adjust them, but they keep switching off.
Is there a setting in the computer which I have to switch on? or are they temperature reactive?
Cheers,
Tristan

I didn't have to do anything Tristan. Hold the button 2-3 seconds to switch on and off. Push button once to toggle through the the 3 temperature settings. I haven't had them cut out.
Alan NZ

Hi AlanNZ, that is exactly what I am doing, but the once I have selected the setting (Level 1-3), the screen hangs where I selected the setting and does not return to normal screen. When it does finally return the icon is still not present on the normal screen. Mine is a 2010 but I don't think that makes much of a difference?

When you say 'the screen hangs', what do you mean exactly? I just press and hold the button on left bar and the icon comes up. You shouldn't have to go into one of the menus to turn them on.

This is a 2010 Stelvio. You have to turn them on from the menu. There is no grip button. The grip button on the 2010 opens the glove box.

Assuming the bike is running and standing still when u do this as I do know for sure that that is need to do the setting.

I am not 100% on the 2010 but I believe once u select the setting you need to press and hold the menu button for it to take. Sounds like your screen is just timing out. Perhaps some one with a pre MY11 can comment.

Hi Guys,
Just an update The connections were ok, but under the tank it had worn through the factory loom. It was timing out on the screen because it could not see the grips. Re fix the factory loom, now works fine. I will post some photo of the wear marks i noticed on the tank while I was there and how I fixed them.
Also the 2010 model, you can not adjust the heated grips while moving.
Thanks for the help guys.
Cheers,
Tristan

Tristan,
I have the same problem. I just installed a new pair of heated grips and I can't turn them on. I've checked the factory loom and it is ok. l've also checked connection between every head grip and dashboard connector. Pin 25 and 35. On each of this pin +12v is available after ignition switch. One heated grip have 10.6 Ω second one 11.2Ω. Any one knows why my dash don't recognize heated grips?? Pleas help!!!

It is 2011 Stelvio with 1 lambda. I've tried all the situation. Ignition on. Engine off, Engine on and during riding. Still no go.
Dash behave like like the heated grips were missing. What are the criteria of detection?

It is 2011 Stelvio with 1 lambda. I've tried all the situation. Ignition on. Engine off, Engine on and during riding. Still no go.
Dash behave like like the heated grips were missing. What are the criteria of detection?
Hi,
You have to have the bike running, but not moving in "N". Hold the mode to either left or right and the icon should come up. Once the icon comes up slide the mode button left or right to adjust the temperature. The resistance sounds about right. You may have to also activate them through the menu selection on the dash. Hope this helps.

Hi,
Bike was in "N" not moving. Site stand open/close. Still no go.
2rihnm.png

When I'm browsing trough menu I can select heated grips (black arrow) saying "OFF". Than I press and hold select and full screen heated grips menu turning on(full screen, not like this one from the picture). Now I move left or right to adjust appropriate heat level. Than I press and hold select again and menu freezes. Can't do anything for a while(15s). After that it returns to speed with the icon heated grips (black arrow) saying "OFF".
I've never had an icon marked red arrow on the picture.

Last edited:
Hi,
Bike was in "N" not moving. Site stand open/close. Still no go.
2rihnm.png

When I'm browsing trough menu I can select heated grips (black arrow) saying "OFF". Than I press and hold select and full screen heated grips menu turning on(full screen, not like this one from the picture). Now I move left or right to adjust appropriate heat level. Than I press and hold select again and menu freezes. Can't do anything for a while(15s). After that it returns to speed with the icon heated grips (black arrow) saying "OFF".
I've never had an icon marked red arrow on the picture.
Hi,
Sometimes it can be a be difficult, (I had quite a few problems getting it to work through the menu)

Page 39

Firstly you have to activate them through the menu function. Once that is done you can follow below.

HEATED HANDGRIPS (if fitted) The following operations may only be performed with the vehicle at a standstill.
To enter the HEATED HANDGRIPS function:
• in the TRIP configuration, select HEATED HANDGRIPS by pressing and holding down the selector.
• Select ON, and by briefly moving the selector to the right, choose among the three levels of heating intensity.
• Hold down the selector to the right to maintain the chosen intensity and activate the heated handgrips.
• Hold down the selector to the left to select OFF and deactivate the heated handgrips.

Automatic exit from the screen page occurs when the vehicle starts moving or thirty seconds after the system detects the user is not pressing any control.

this details exactly how to get them to turn on, I found I had to disconnect my battery for 30 seconds so the computer would register them. But after that they were working fine. Just remember that once the battery is disconnected you will have to redo the time, and all your trip calculators will go to "0" I have also highlighted where the problem might be. I hope this helps.
Cheers,

In the 2008 stelvio manual instead TRIP there is MENU.

I will try this again but I don't know....
Is it necessary to have engine running during heated grips turning on procedure?

Hi,
I've started new season today. Actually this is my first Guzzi season.
And it was +8°C. So I decided to give a try to my new installed heated grips.
And guess what. It waked perfectly.
I have to admit that this is the most supped way to turn on the heated grips.
Any way it worked and I don't know how. And it actually can be turned one when engine is OFF. But they're not hearting.
Thank very much for any info about heated grips.
Best regards,
Chris

Agreed that the heated grip controls on the pre MY11 Stelvio are a pain. The later Stelvio uses a separate handle bar switch to turn them on and off. If the controls start to become an issue, you can always install a separate controller for th grips. The latest Oxford controller is pretty good for this purpose. You can pick up a set of grips and controller for less than $80 CDN. That way you totally bypass the awkward Stelvio arrangement. Either way, it is nice having warm hands.

Back